ADVERTISEMENT

Will another Ball State player end up at IU

Lucy01

Hall of Famer
Sep 16, 2014
🤔 Could it be Boogie Coleman? He lead Ball State in scoring last year and could help at guard. He entered the portal yesterday.

But he won’t transfer for anything less. I figured you wouldn’t understand
You can read about him putting his name in the portal. It’s in the Muncie Star. It surprised me he waited this long.

You can read about him putting his name in the portal. It’s in the Muncie Star. It surprised me he waited this long.
He needed the summer to graduate so he could transfer with immediate eligibility. Has already transferred twice in his career; once from Ball State to Missouri and then back to Ball State last year.

Solid numbers at Ball State but pretty pedestrian in the SEC as a spot starter. Don't think he gives you anything Galloway doesn't nor is he as efficient. Could be a nice depth piece with Newton likely redshirting and his scholarship would be a one year rental, although not sure that is the role he's looking for.

He needed the summer to graduate so he could transfer with immediate eligibility. Has already transferred twice in his career; once from Ball State to Missouri and then back to Ball State last year.

Solid numbers at Ball State but pretty pedestrian in the SEC as a spot starter. Don't think he gives you anything Galloway doesn't nor is he as efficient. Could be a nice depth piece with Newton likely redshirting and his scholarship would be a one year rental, although not sure that is the role he's looking for.
I hadn’t heard anything about him before I read the article this morning, knowing IU could use some help in the backcourt since Fig probably won’t play this season. I was speculating with his connection to Sprarks.

I hadn’t heard anything about him before I read the article this morning, knowing IU could use some help in the backcourt since Fig probably won’t play this season. I was speculating with his connection to Sprarks.
I don't think it's a terrible idea to recruit for the reasons both you and I have agreed on. Not sure it's what he's looking for though. He'd get a decent NIL clip for 6 months but won't be guaranteed playing time.

Wouldn't shock me. I can see CMW adding a one season emergency option to prevent getting caught short again like last season. A vet player that can handle the ball and defend could come in handy. The key is finding someone to accept that role and not be a problem.

I don't think it's a terrible idea to recruit for the reasons both you and I have agreed on. Not sure it's what he's looking for though. He'd get a decent NIL clip for 6 months but won't be guaranteed playing time.
IU would certainly be a big Stage to showcase his talents!

Because playing for Missouri in the SEC doesn’t give that opportunity is what your saying
I don’t know why things didn’t work out in
Missouri. Is there someone in the portal that’s better you think IU would have a chance at?

I would vote against a guy who is on his third transfer.

I would vote against a guy who is on his third transfer.
Agree don’t blame the kid for wanting out of Ball State to showcase his talents but didn’t do it earlier at Mizzoo and like you said, 3rd transfer is not a good look

Agree don’t blame the kid for wanting out of Ball State to showcase his talents but didn’t do it earlier at Mizzoo and like you said, 3rd transfer is not a good look
The not a good look is a Mr Basketball at the end of the bench, he can’t get any playing time. Oh but wait he’s from Bloomington.

The not a good look is a Mr Basketball at the end of the bench, he can’t get any playing time. Oh but wait he’s from Bloomington.
Lmao. That was one of the weakest classes if not the weakest. Everyone in and around Bloomington knew. Most just didn’t listen. Even Holmes said he was not a high major. I mean look at this class.

Lmao. That was one of the weakest classes if not the weakest. Everyone in and around Bloomington knew. Most just didn’t listen. Even Holmes said he was not a high major. I mean look at this class.

No argument form me battery buddy🤪

Last edited:
Why? He went back to his original school to graduate (which you don't see often) and has a year left of eligibility to play as a graduate transfer.
Coleman also had an excellent Coach last season in Michael Lewis!

Why? He went back to his original school to graduate (which you don't see often) and has a year left of eligibility to play as a graduate transfer.
I do not know the details so it could be I spoke too soon. Maybe legit reason for 3 transfers. But on the face of it, it would make me wonder about issues.

Wouldn't shock me. I can see CMW adding a one season emergency option to prevent getting caught short again like last season. A vet player that can handle the ball and defend could e comeWe can us in handy. The key is finding someone to accept that role and not be a problem.
If he is a tenth the G that MIKE LEWIS was and learned even that much from him at Ball State he'll see some PT here... Hope he gives it a shot here...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT