ADVERTISEMENT

Why no Victor?

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
So my interest in the NBA basically stops at checking up on former IU players. I saw that Victor scored 40 in the Heats final game of the season and was happy to see that maybe Victor was getting back to his hold self. Flash forward through the Heats first 2 playoff games and Victor can't get off the bench at all. What's up? I came upon this when I was checking last nights Heat score.

“Both games he has not seen the light of play,” Bayless said on a recent episode of Skip and Shannon: Undisputed (h/t Robert Marvi of Heat Nation).” “Why is that? Well I was told it’s because Jimmy [Butler] just flat out told Spo (Heat coach Erik Spoelstra), ‘I don’t want to share the floor with him.’”

So my interest in the NBA basically stops at checking up on former IU players. I saw that Victor scored 40 in the Heats final game of the season and was happy to see that maybe Victor was getting back to his hold self. Flash forward through the Heats first 2 playoff games and Victor can't get off the bench at all. What's up? I came upon this when I was checking last nights Heat score.

“Both games he has not seen the light of play,” Bayless said on a recent episode of Skip and Shannon: Undisputed (h/t Robert Marvi of Heat Nation).” “Why is that? Well I was told it’s because Jimmy [Butler] just flat out told Spo (Heat coach Erik Spoelstra), ‘I don’t want to share the floor with him.’”
Vic seems to have burned a lot of bridges in the NBA. Not sure why. He had a great situation here and completely screwed that up.

Vic seems to be about Vic. Kinda weird. Thought he was a total team guy. But after his Pacers stunt, no surprise he’s burnt his Miami bridge apparently.

Vic seems to be about Vic. Kinda weird. Thought he was a total team guy. But after his Pacers stunt, no surprise he’s burnt his Miami bridge apparently.
All I know is Heat fans were tweeting like crazy as they were losing the lead irate that he wasn't playing. There was an article that was very complimentary of his attitude despite being out of the rotation.

Spoelstra seemed to hint he may yet have a role at some point during playoffs.

Because he's not the alpha he thinks he is and an actual alpha, Butler, is putting him in his place.
I know Butler has had his mental issues. But from a basketball standpoint I love how he scores. You don't really think he is doing much. But he gets a layup, hits a 3, gets fouled a lot and hits his free throws and the guy ends up with 20 plus. He is very efficient in his scoring.

Reactions: Chriselli
Vic turned down $120+m from the Pacers. He is playing on a 1 year contract at $3.2m. Vic should beat the F&%k out of his agent, for steering him with that advice.

Vic turned down $120+m from the Pacers. He is playing on a 1 year contract at $3.2m. Vic should beat the F&%k out of his agent, for steering him with that advice.
Ought to be looking at himself in the mirror. He didn't just go look for more money. He crapped all over the Pacers and their fans on the way out of town and again when he got to Houston with the "they quit on me" garbage.

Reactions: YOTHN and jimmygoiu

Heat have him by the balls and they know it.

Yep, I’m convinced someone was in his ear. Just some really bad decisions made on his part.

Vic turned down $120+m from the Pacers. He is playing on a 1 year contract at $3.2m. Vic should beat the F&%k out of his agent, for steering him such with that advice.
I'm sure his agent must have lost out on a boatload, too, having lost Vic, him losing out, plus his job, I imagine. Don't they usually work on commission after the minimum is met? I guess one could rationalize what one never has, one can't lose, just to feel a little better driving past the bank. Vic certainly had it going for a time, looking good through such a small window. Maybe he'll turn it around...start singing and dancing again. I hope so. People screw up all the time, some recovering, some not. Don't be "that window".

Victor came in and played tough D and initiated the offense. Really pushed. Was +20 while in the game as the Heat pushed the lead.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Victor came in and played tough D and initiated the offense. Really pushed. Was +20 while in the game as the Heat pushed the lead.
He's actually at a good team/situation already. I could see his role solidifying and even expanding there if he can stay healthy, and if they all can get on the same page. Miami doesn't have a ball dominant guard for him to have to contend with. Even when Lowry is playing, he doesn't always dominate the ball. So Vic has opportunities to make plays off the dribble with this team. And he's obviously a plus defender.

If Miami doesn't work out, for whatever reason, I could see him doing well in Boston, Milwaukee, maybe the Clippers...among playoff level teams. He looked really good last game I think.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Victor playing great leading the Heat at half with 13. Butler out tonight. Also playing great D on Trae Young.

Reactions: brianiu
VO looked really good tonight and on Sunday. A couple of incredible assists and lead the team in scoring. Coming back from injuries. That is the most NBA I have watched, ever. But seeing VO play well is pretty cool

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT