ADVERTISEMENT

Why is this in Washington?

It has been awful. A pal who is there texted and said there are a decent number of IU fans as compared to the other teams, which you would expect. Many are up high above camera level.

Reactions: mk_peters
I was at that game, it was a blast and their was far more IU fans there than at a "normal" game in Bloomington. Combine that with the site seeing, incredible seafood, and the fact they sold alcohol and the game, I'm ready to go back!
No way was there more IU fans there than at Assembly Hall.

The place only holds a few more hundred then assembly hall so there's no way there were even close to half as many fans. But yes it is nice to be able to buy a beverage.

None of the teams are traveling well to this. It's a stupid location.

The IU fans were cross court from the Bench and in the upper decks. Agree it is a stupid location with low turnout but IU still brings the fans as a 10 seed.

I heard there was some agreement with Maryland when they joined the conference that there would be a tournament there. Other than that it doesn't make sense

He was referring to the FB game not this game. But he was wrong either way. There were nowhere near 49k IU fans at the FB game in DC.
Like there is ever 49K IU fans at memorial stadium. More like 19K, and I am always one of them. So maybe I'm not wrong, either way this board needs to lighten up.

Like there is ever 49K IU fans at memorial stadium. More like 19K, and I am always one of them. So maybe I'm not wrong, either way this board needs to lighten up.

Typo on my part. 40k and that is pretty close. 19? Uh no.

I was at that game, it was a blast and their was far more IU fans there than at a "normal" game in Bloomington. Combine that with the site seeing, incredible seafood, and the fact they sold alcohol and the game, I'm ready to go back!

This can not be true. The football board has declared alcohol at games would ruin the family atmosphere and cause drunken rioting in the stands. After all alcohol and it's revenue generation is the devil.

Reactions: Bligedy
If I had thought about it earlier, I have family that lives 20 minutes from the White House. Before last night, I wouldn't have wanted to travel to D.C. to watch us get bounced out early. I gave away tickets at the end of the year to Btown.

I would expect people would rather attend an NCAA tournament game the following week than travel to the BTT. Having the BTT in Indy or Chicago allows more fans to drive to the game. It should stay in the Midwest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT