ADVERTISEMENT

Why Does Brent Venables Hate Butch Jones?

Venables needs a big year. No idea if any history there, but doubt it.

As an aside, Venables played at KSU well before Bielema was their DC.

Venables needs a big year. No idea if any history there, but doubt it.

As an aside, Venables played at KSU well before Bielema was their DC.
Venables is doing well there and killing it in recruiting. He’s in really good shape early in his time there. Lots of NIL money there.

Didn’t do so well last year. You think Venables survives anything close to last year’s 7-7/3-6??Especially with them getting ready to move to the SEC? Those are John Blake-like numbers at OU. He didn’t last long. Sure he has a huge buyout that may save him, but if they have big NIL money, they probably have big buyout money too if things go anything like they did last year.

I think they got that lead either before the 3rd quarter ended, or very early in the 4th.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if I were Jones. Venebles needs his main 2 deep players to work on things.

They didn’t score at all in the last 10 minutes or so. He probably could have hung 100 on them if he really wanted to.

Didn’t do so well last year. You think Venables survives anything close to last year’s 7-7/3-6??Especially with them getting ready to move to the SEC? Those are John Blake-like numbers at OU. He didn’t last long. Sure he has a huge buyout that may save him, but if they have big NIL money, they probably have big buyout money too if things go anything like they did last year.
I doubt he’s in any trouble one game into his second season, especially with how well they’re recruiting.

Venables is doing well there and killing it in recruiting. He’s in really good shape early in his time there. Lots of NIL money there.
Don't know about that. expectations are extremely high there. And he's following a very successful and popular coach

I doubt he’s in any trouble one game into his second season, especially with how well they’re recruiting.
Interesting one...I think his "name" probably would buy him another year. But if they do stumble, and finish around .500 again...then his seat would be red hot for year 3. Too much at stake at OU for them to mess around with an ineffective coach...even one like Venebles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT