ADVERTISEMENT

Why do You root for IU

Re: Too many projects

In AAU ball, bigs are lucky to see the ball in the post unless they take it off the offensive board. That's one reason some of them prefer to play out on the floor. Most are raw in regards to post moves as freshmen in college, unless they have played in a more organized way with their high school team. In AAU ball, they play games more often than they practice skills.

Re: I have been a fan for over 40 years

Too crazy! I graduated in 1969 also and went up to the Michigan State game with a bunch of buddies from the frat house. Where were you sitting? Just kidding, by the way, but that '67 run to the Rose Bowl was wild. I went out to California with four buddies, visiting S.F., Santa Cruz, and Seal Beach, where an I.U. alum was offering free lodging to I.U. students.

I have always rooted for IU. At first it was because I lived in Indiana. After that it was because I went to Indiana University. At IU I started to recognize and understand what Coach Knight instilled in his players and how he ran his program.

I didn't agree with his firing...likewise I also didn't agree with his tactics at the time.....

After the Coach Knight years , I have stayed true through Davis and the unmentionable.

Davis was adequate but not the guy.....the unmentionable was never the guy and was an embarrassment to everything Indiana.

Crean is a breathe of fresh air, and he mostly does a good job.....

I see Indiana coming back but 14 years of sub par with a few good years in there is NOT Indiana either. I want and expect better. I HOPE to see that and the future of Indiana with the current coach.

I will always root for Indiana. PERIOD.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT