ADVERTISEMENT

Why do people under 30 not answer their cell phones?

The best is when their greeting is an entire song.

Typically either hip hop or some "country" song.

In what circumstance professionally?

I hate answering my phone when I don't know who it is calling, and I'm not under 30.

I don't care to step away from what I'm doing to take a call, and it ends up being someone selling or asking for donations
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I feel like I have the opposite problem. People over 40 or so never answer, but the younger people do. That being said I think the younger generation would much rather deal with a text or email than a phone call. We will be a society of mutes before too long.

Why do parents over 60 call and ask, "What's new?" ...

Like I've got an hour to catch up on all the things we just discussed last week.

My mom will call and after 20 minutes of talking about my kid, weather, blah ... she'll start updating me on cousins I haven't seen in 15 yrs.

Why ... ?

If your number isn't programmed into my phone, sorry, I'm not answering.

Typically I'm busy working during the day and busy relaxing at night. If you leave a voice mail that is worthy of a call back, I'll call back. There's just too many random bots that call you to make it worth the effort of picking up every single call that comes through IMO.

This post was edited on 3/12 9:23 AM by PaperMario01

Get off my lawn!

I'm 29, and if I don't know who's calling i never answer my phone. Even if I know who's calling I'm still far more likely to respond to a text message. It's easier to respond to a quick text than it is to engage in an entire conversation over one question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT