ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't we just let MSU score, instead of tackling at 1 yd line?

mikewoodson2

Sophomore
Feb 1, 2005
That was the entire game there.

If we let Lewerke score then we get the ball back with 1:30.

Instead, we stop them on the 1 yard line.

Awareness and coaching. We’ve lacked it for years. That’s a scenario you hammer into your guys every practice and summer camp. Situational awareness.

Reactions: mikewoodson2
To me it looked like Lewerke gave up at the end. If he really wanted to get in the endzone he could have.

He said as much in the locker room after the game. You guys played a great game, your future looks real bright. I am not looking forward to the game in Bloomington next year. We lose a ton on both sides of the ball, and Penix will only get better. Good luck the rest of the way, I hope you guys smash Michigan. Maybe this time the refs will let you win....smh

I U was so close it hurts. If connected with Westbrook or Whop bombs... If no penalty on great punt return... if had better pass rush to disrupt QB on drives at end half & last 2:00 game drives.

It’s five plays to finish theme.

But I don’t see any quit, or can’t knock the effort and would say some B 10 teams may fear playing IU ahead now.

Lol I can assure having been a football player not long ago coaches do not drill into you a situation in which you let the player score. No one plans for that. You plan to stop the other team not let them score lol. Some of yall are hilarious.

Reactions: BayernFan and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT