ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you wanna see play more this year?

Who should get more run?

• Galloway

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Carlyle

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters
What say you.
why would anyone have an opinion that isn't "whoever gives us the best chance to win?" If that is the reasoning, then I guess it would be Carlyle, because we pretty well know what TG can do, and he's solid, so if KC is playing more minutes, it should be because the staff feels he's the better overall player. But, if TG takes a leap and gets back to shooting 40% on 3s and is being aggressive on O and D, I could see him earning the minutes, so I'm back to my original sentence.

Relieving Galloway of PG responsibilities (both offensively and, especially, defensively) will help his game immensely. Our ongoing weak spot, especially last year, was experience. Anytime someone had multiple seniors it was going to be a tough game. Galloway gives us that in spades.

I haven't seen Carlyle so I can't really vote against Trey.

I bet it does happen some.
Every one of them can take their respective opponent and drive them... every one of them should be able to shoot the three and they each have a decent mid game.. Malik being the questionable one on shooting and middies, but I bet he puts in major work this summer on shooting and on his face up game.. Could be a really tough unit to guard.. It may suffer defensively and on the boards though ..

Every one of them can take their respective opponent and drive them... every one of them should be able to shoot the three and they each have a decent mid game.. Malik being the questionable one on shooting and middies, but I bet he puts in major work this summer on shooting and on his face up game.. Could be a really tough unit to guard.. It may suffer defensively and on the boards though ..
Malik has said he is gonna really work on shooting (3s). I am sure that is going to include middies as well. Get his ball handling up a notch and watch out. He was in tremendous shape last year. No reason to think he doesn't continue that. This staff made TJD into a machine conditioning wise. Malik is well on his way.

I wanna see MR spending less time on the bench in foul trouble.

So...I want to see MR "play more"
He did much better compared to freshman year and at the beginning of last season. I think part of it was maybe fatigue related and also referees calling reputation fouls on him.

Malik has said he is gonna really work on shooting (3s). I am sure that is going to include middies as well. Get his ball handling up a notch and watch out. He was in tremendous shape last year. No reason to think he doesn't continue that. This staff made TJD into a machine conditioning wise. Malik is well on his way.
He has to lower that high ass dribble ..

I don’t care who plays more but am certain there will be plenty of posts during the year complaining that our 11th and 12th guys aren’t getting enough minutes to develop. LOL

I don’t care who plays more but am certain there will be plenty of posts during the year complaining that our 11th and 12th guys aren’t getting enough minutes to develop. LOL
I hope to hell Woody learned something from using last years bench the way he did and only plays 8 guys more than 10 minutes a game this year with a 9th getting spot minutes only, and the rest not getting any. Especially after Dec.. deep lineups rob teams of synergy and efficiency. Cut it to 8 or even 7 ..

Watford was able to improve his outside shooting after beginning his career mostly inside. Malik has a better inside game than Watford and has shown the ability to take and make 3s. I'm looking forward to see what a summer of shooting will do for him.

The player I want to see play is Newton. He will have to knock the rust off and surely build up his strength, His name doesn't get mentioned as a possible rotation player and we don't know what his game will be at the collegiate level. This is a big summer for him to show he can contribute.

Reactions: baileyiu
Galloway is better suited coming off the bench.
I've never really understood this thinking. If there are better options at the guard then start the game with them on the floor.

It's not like TG is plug-and-play at multiple positions to relieve whichever starter comes out. People say he's an energy guy best coming off the bench, like he sits there getting wound up like a spring to be unleashed.

He does things well, like his floater off the pnr, and things not so well. That doesn't change because he is in the starting 5.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT