ADVERTISEMENT

White House Correspondents Dinner

Right. It’s not the clear decline in ratings since Noah came in. Totally coincidental.
Sure it’s part of each. He also had a best selling book and tours to sell out crowds. Yes, everyone hates him.

Sure it’s part of each. He also had a best selling book and tours to sell out crowds. Yes, everyone hates him.
Right, so maybe he should stick to that. Because he’s ruined the Daily Show.

I haven’t seen him or read him. He may be funny. He’s not on the show.

I thought President Biden actually did a good job last night. Must have juiced him up with Trumps sudafed.

There's that, but there's also thinking about what else changed at the show at that time. A lot changed at TDS.
True. It probably didn't need to drop off as much as it did. But CC will never make another TDS just like SyFy will never make another BSG. HBO and Netflix ruined basic cable for stuff like that.

Lazy. I wouldn’t pay a dollar to watch Dunham. Two of my favorite four still-performing comedians are black.

Dismissing conservative viewpoints into “must be a redneck” is lazy and childish. Oh, and un-American.

heard. I really meant that as a sarcastic comment about senses of humor and not a political shot but I get there are no benign statements in these parts.

side-note: Spotify has a pretty raw standup playlist called Top Stand-Up Comedy. Super impressed they still have it available considering the Joe Rogan flack. Wife and I just drove to Kansas City. She's practically a confirmed communist, so she rolls her eyes when a Louis CK bit comes on. And then ends up laughing her ass off. It was funny beyond her ability to control it. so great. probably helped that she was a little high.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Stewart is an example of how important good writers, directors, and producers are. He doesn’t do well on his own.

eh - he's pretty good. comedians tend to lean left. just he way it is. not a fan of late night becoming political but if you let your guard down then Noah and Colbert are good shit. SNL and the rest kinda suck, for more than just their politics.

American politics are kinda like a dumbed down Shakespearean trag-com most of the time and deserves to be made fun of constantly.

Here is Colbert destroying W and Bush is an insanely good sport about it. truly some of the funniest shit I've ever seen

This thread still had legs. Gawd there are some f*cked up dolts around here. A Biden press party...you are some sick deranged people

heard. I really meant that as a sarcastic comment about senses of humor and not a political shot but I get there are no benign statements in these parts.

side-note: Spotify has a pretty raw standup playlist called Top Stand-Up Comedy. Super impressed they still have it available considering the Joe Rogan flack. Wife and I just drove to Kansas City. She's practically a confirmed communist, so she rolls her eyes when a Louis CK bit comes on. And then ends up laughing her ass off. It was funny beyond her ability to control it. so great. probably helped that she was a little high.
Yep. Louis is one of those four. The other are Chappelle, Rock and Seinfeld.

Yep. Louis is one of those four. The other are Chappelle, Rock and Seinfeld.

that list is solid. re: Louis: seems the US is any easy place to get cancelled these days but maybe we still do like a come back story. he's got some new material about the mess he's been in. I thought those jokes were a little forced but most of his other stuff is still great.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well since you know him so well what do you think he thinks of Joe and the people that attended? .......

Good question. No clue but I'd guess God doesn't see his creations through the lens of US politics circa April 2022.

Good question. No clue but I'd guess God doesn't see his creations through the lens of US politics circa April 2022.
True so my opinion of the idiots that attended that worthless get together are my opinion. Worthless. Jmo

Lazy. I wouldn’t pay a dollar to watch Dunham. Two of my favorite four still-performing comedians are black.

Dismissing conservative viewpoints into “must be a redneck” is lazy and childish. Oh, and un-American.
My racist grandfather loved black folks for his entertainment.

You’re a moron.
You're sensitive. All I did was state a fact.

He loved his Motown singers, those N-word basketball players at IU Boston and Anderson HS and loved Bill Cosby.

He was the first person that made me question the absolute hypocritical BS of racism, where it was ok for them to entertain me, but don't be my neighbor, don't work next to me, don't eat near me, etc.

You're sensitive. All I did was state a fact.

He loved his Motown singers, those N-word basketball players at IU Boston and Anderson HS and loved Bill Cosby.

He was the first person that made me question the absolute hypocritical BS of racism, where it was ok for them to entertain me, but don't be my neighbor, don't work next to me, don't eat near me, etc.
Fair - I retract if you meant no inference - but it certainly read that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT