ADVERTISEMENT

White House Correspondents Dinner

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
Anybody planning on watching? Trvoer Noah hosting. Showing on C-SPAN at 8:00 pm and streaming on c-span.org.

Anybody planning on watching? Trvoer Noah hosting. Showing on C-SPAN at 8:00 pm and streaming on c-span.org.
You have to be joking. I'd rather watch curling. I'd rather watch the new woke sex and the city. I'd rather watch the Taylor Swift documentary. I'd rather watch interviews with that boy timothee chalemit with my stoker. I'd rather watch Archie miller's second half of a season. Literally anything

You have to be joking. I'd rather watch curling. I'd rather watch the new woke sex and the city. I'd rather watch the Taylor Swift documentary. I'd rather watch interviews with that boy timothee chalemit with my stoker. I'd rather watch Archie miller's second half of a season. Literally anything
So that’s a no for you dawg

So that’s a no for you dawg
NO I hate them all. We're actually doing the Sat night song and dance trying to figure out what the hell to watch. It ain't easy with an 11 year old. We've thrown in the towel and just let it fly with pg 13 but now have exhausted all of those. I feel like giving her a benadryl shake and watching Ozark but....

NO! NO! NO! NO EFFING WAY. Just NOOOO.

Reactions: larsIU
C-SPAN is showing old headliners. Laura Bush from 2005 was great, and Wanda Sykes from 2009 was fun.

Decent likeable man. Pity about that unjustified war of aggression.
Yes, his dignified bearing in the Oval Office was ironic:

“No state executes as many people as Texas, and no American governor has put more people to death than the state’s current governor, George W. Bush, who on August 3rd will be nominated as the GOP’s presidential candidate. Bush has signed off on 135 executions since he took office in 1995, about one death every two weeks. In his first term of four years, 79 people died. By contrast, Bush’s predecessor, Ann Richards, approved 50 executions in her term as governor. Knowing that Texas voters like to see convicts pay the ultimate price, Bush has made a priority of cutting out some of the red tape involved in actually killing a condemned prisoner. On the campaign trail in 1994, he promised to shorten the time taken for death-row appeals, and he followed up as soon as he took office. He has since gone out of his way to oppose bills that might have slowed the pace of executions, and he has given a reprieve or a commutation only twice, proof of his deep faith in the system in Texas that finds alleged murderers and sends them to their deaths.”

“No state executes as many people as Texas, and no American governor has put more people to death than the state’s current governor, George W. Bush, who on August 3rd will be nominated as the GOP’s presidential candidate. Bush has signed off on 135 executions since he took office in 1995, about one death every two weeks. In his first term of four years, 79 people died. By contrast, Bush’s predecessor, Ann Richards, approved 50 executions in her term as governor. Knowing that Texas voters like to see convicts pay the ultimate price, Bush has made a priority of cutting out some of the red tape involved in actually killing a condemned prisoner. On the campaign trail in 1994, he promised to shorten the time taken for death-row appeals, and he followed up as soon as he took office. He has since gone out of his way to oppose bills that might have slowed the pace of executions, and he has given a reprieve or a commutation only twice, proof of his deep faith in the system in Texas that finds alleged murderers and sends them to their deaths.”
And everyone of them killed at least one if not more people to get there.

Reactions: vesuvius13
279582765_143798954865538_7463895502502549244_n.jpg

TX is a bif=g place with a lot of bad people. What is your point?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Trevor Noah sucks as a comedian.
I think he’s great. Seen him in person a couple times. Can roast them with a smile. I was skeptical about him replacing Jon Stewart, but have been really impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bub-rub
NO I hate them all. We're actually doing the Sat night song and dance trying to figure out what the hell to watch. It ain't easy with an 11 year old. We've thrown in the towel and just let it fly with pg 13 but now have exhausted all of those. I feel like giving her a benadryl shake and watching Ozark but....
Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals, Alfred Hitchcock movies, anything off the AFI 100 years lists, Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, all those Sunday Night Disney movies we watched as kids, there's tons of stuff out there that we did for Friday family movie night that my kids enjoyed.

Throw on 20000 Leagues Under the Sea or Journey to the Center of the Earth and make fun of the special effects. It's still a great time and you can get in a "walked to school in the snow, uphill both ways" story too.

I think he’s great. Seen him in person a couple times. Can roast them with a smile. I was skeptical about him rep oh acing Jon Stewart, but have been really impressed.
Stewart is an example of how important good writers, directors, and producers are. He doesn’t do well on his own.

Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals, Alfred Hitchcock movies, anything off the AFI 100 years lists, Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, all those Sunday Night Disney movies we watched as kids, there's tons of stuff out there that we did for Friday family movie night that my kids enjoyed.

Throw on 20000 Leagues Under the Sea or Journey to the Center of the Earth and make fun of the special effects. It's still a great time and you can get in a "walked to school in the snow, uphill both ways" story too.

The instant I turn any of that on "Oh my God what year is that from," "oh this is soooo old" then she'll turn to my stoker "do you want to watch this" - forget it

Reactions: vesuvius13
I think he’s great. Seen him in person a couple times. Can roast them with a smile. I was skeptical about him rep oh acing Jon Stewart, but have been really impressed.
Well the ratings certainly disagree. I think he’s a hypocritical piece of trash.

agree that he’s great. I imagine most people in this thread are more into Jeff Dunham-type humor…
Lazy. I wouldn’t pay a dollar to watch Dunham. Two of my favorite four still-performing comedians are black.

Dismissing conservative viewpoints into “must be a redneck” is lazy and childish. Oh, and un-American.

Between having severely advanced dementia and being a criminal mastermind, will Joe even be there?
You’re confused. It’s Trumpkethinskin who never attended. President Biden attended, is able to laugh at himself, and gave a good speech himself. The dementia shtick is lame and I’d say beneath you, but I realize there is no basement from Trumpers.

You’re confused. It’s Trumpkethinskin who never attended. President Biden attended, is able to laugh at himself, and gave a good speech himself. The dementia shtick is lame and I’d say beneath you, but I realize there is no basement from Trumpers.
You’re bad at this

Reactions: BaxterIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT