ADVERTISEMENT

While considering the Game Day ambiance...

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
It looks like the Red Steppers now have some serious competition for hottest dancers in the Big Ten:

My solution: footwear upgrade...
Get them into something with less of a heel that allows for even more athletic moves than they're already known for (if that's physically possible 😉😎)...

Had a high school friend who was once with the Dance Team up at Ball State back in the really early "70's" and they wore some type of red, tight to the calf, semi-boot with a low heel that they could safely hop around in... She looked great too... The stuff they have our women wearing these days looks like a real boot that appears to be a sprained ankle waiting to happen...

*Yes, I'm even attempting to polish our dance teams presention. What can I say, it's an extraordinarily slow day at this end...

With the women of west coast now in the mix the RS will need to up their game accordingly, fortunately our talent pool is deep...

Last edited:
Actually there are a lot of programs that compete with the USC cheerleading. Okay, maybe not a lot but definitely more than a few. Check out all of the California and Florida schools for starters, I was always equally impressed with the USC marching band jamming with Fleeteood Mac.

Meanwhile the Hoosier cheerleaders are running around with long sleeves and turtlenecks. Let’s not forget the Hoosier 100 who are locked into a 1930s time warp. Fleetwood Mac or Sing Sing Sing. No wonder half the stands empty at halftime.

Actually there are a lot of programs that compete with the USC cheerleading. Okay, maybe not a lot but definitely more than a few. Check out all of the California and Florida schools for starters, I was always equally impressed with the USC marching band jamming with Fleeteood Mac.

Meanwhile the Hoosier cheerleaders are running around with long sleeves and turtlenecks. Let’s not forget the Hoosier 100 who are locked into a 1930s time warp. Fleetwood Mac or Sing Sing Sing. No wonder half the stands empty at halftime.
If you want to add something more up to date, cool. Sing Sing Sing kicks arse though.

Hoosier wipeout? That can go away any time.

Google the Miami Floridian cheerleaders back in the ABA days

As a boy growing up in Northern Indiana, seeing the USC Cheerleaders at ND was life changing 😍
No chance on the iu cheerleaders. They wear sweaters or long sleeve when it’s 90 degrees. I want to c candy stripe end zone ..bison running thru b town and a bison runs out on the field and not a marching band but a high stepping band like the southern schools. Hire the Indy sports corp… they think outside the box. Zip line at Super Bowl. Bb court in airport for ncaa tournament and a freaking awesome pool in Lucas oil

IU needs to take a page out of the Washington Sentinels playbook! Just go to the nearest strip club give the ladies a piece of the NiL pie to distract the other team!

Reactions: 76-1
As a boy growing up in Northern Indiana, seeing the USC Cheerleaders at ND was life changing 😍
I got tickets to USC @ ND when I was at IU, 2000 I think, and the tickets were basically in the away team section. I had difficulty watching the game due to the USC cheerleaders being about 20 yards in front of me. A bunch of LA 10's just drawing all eyes in their direction.

If you want to add something more up to date, cool. Sing Sing Sing kicks arse though.

Hoosier wipeout? That can go away any time.
I never really got Sing Sing Sing. So I just went back to youtube and watched Benny Goodman’s band do it. It as sharp and crisp. But I still didn’t really like it. And then I watched the Hoosiers marching band do it. It didn’t have the same energy and even that energy looked fake and plodding. The students probably don’t care for it. It’s biggest supporters are probably dead.

It wasn’t long ago that IU won a string of NCs in cheerleading so the function is obviously good but USC sells the sizzle better than we do

Reactions: vesuvius13
I do think the Red Steppers picked up their game substantially when they hired the new coach. They were a lot of fun to watch the last couple of years and although not USC they are much closer.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT