ADVERTISEMENT

Which league is more mainstream in the United States?

Which league is more mainstream in the USA?

• NHL

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • MLS

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Im sure there’s some numbers that suggest which league is more mainstream right now, but I’m curious to read your opinions and see what backing data you guys find. Basically I’m too lazy.

Ok, you guys suck so far. This isn’t an opinion poll. I don’t give a rats ass about your opinions they’re worthless. I won’t some hard data and reasons to back up your worthless opinions. I only voted for the MLS because soccer is awesome. Be better than me.

Ok, you guys suck so far. This isn’t an opinion poll. I don’t give a rats ass about your opinions they’re worthless. I won’t some hard data and reasons to back up your worthless opinions. I only voted for the MLS because soccer is awesome. Be better than me.
Who needs hard data when the truth is so painfully obvious. The NHL is entertaining to watch live and on TV. Soccer is boring to watch live and on TV.

Reactions: tbone6004
Who needs hard data when the truth is so painfully obvious. The NHL is entertaining to watch live and on TV. Soccer is boring to watch live and on TV.

But it's like comparing a Micheal Bay movie with watching La Boheme. They both serve different purposes and moods.

NCAA M CBB
NFL
NBA
MLB
NCAA M CFB
NCAA men's baseball
NCAA W CBB
WNBA
college lacrosse
High school sports
folding laundry
eating hottest BW3 wings with no drink

after all these maybe watch hockey or soccer, if American Pickers or Pawn Stars isn't on the tube :)

Reactions: cryano
NCAA M CBB
NFL
NBA
MLB
NCAA M CFB
NCAA men's baseball
NCAA W CBB
WNBA
college lacrosse
High school sports
folding laundry
eating hottest BW3 wings with no drink

after all these maybe watch hockey or soccer, if American Pickers or Pawn Stars isn't on the tube :)
Id add womens colllege volleyball in place of MLB...
and insert MLB back in above W CBB

bypl6I2.png

hockey by a mile

Reactions: IU40IU
Hockey is bad ass and if you’re not into it I honestly suggest going to see an NHL game live. You will appreciate and may even get hooked.

It is so much better than the soap opera league that is the NFL. And I don’t mind football. But hockey is Non-stop action.

MLS is growing I believe but still lags way behind the NHL. The NHL suffers from a terrible commissioner who doesn’t promote the league like he should be doing.

Hockey is bad ass and if you’re not into it I honestly suggest going to see an NHL game live. You will appreciate and may even get hooked.

It is so much better than the soap opera league that is the NFL. And I don’t mind football. But hockey is Non-stop action.

MLS is growing I believe but still lags way behind the NHL. The NHL suffers from a terrible commissioner who doesn’t promote the league like he should be doing.
tl:dr

Bottom-line guys, why not have a bit of diversity -- try getting into a sport that doesn't require your hands for a change. Every popular American sport is hand-based.

Soccer/football and beach volleyball is the next frontier.

Im sure there’s some numbers that suggest which league is more mainstream right now, but I’m curious to read your opinions and see what backing data you guys find. Basically I’m too lazy.
I don't follow either. I have never been to a hockey game despite the opportunity for free tickets to our local minor league hockey team.

I have only watched college soccer (IU) on TV and the soccer matches my kids played in. I even coached soccer one year when nobody stepped up to do it. I actually stood on the field with a rule book during practices and learned strategy and practice tips from the internet.

I know more people that follow hockey, so I would vote that way. Only my UK Director follows MLS.

Soccer...hockey...etc
When most of the time spent discussing the sport is trying to convince others that the sport doesnt suck...the sport kinda sucks.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Bottom-line guys, why not have a bit of diversity -- try getting into a sport that doesn't require your hands for a change. Every popular American sport is hand-based.

If boys don't learn to use their hands, what will they do when they get married?

So let me ask this question,
If you guys were buying futures, which league would you invest in more?

So let me ask this question,
If you guys were buying futures, which league would you invest in more?

MLS.

It has a two-pronged attack -- the browning of the country who are naturally soccer/football fanatics plus the spillover from the increasingly popular EPL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT