ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the Asteroid?

West Point changing its motto. New one really rolls off the tongue.

That’s still the motto. It’s not changing. It’s even on the cadet uniforms and that’s also not changing. They’re just changing the mission statement which redundantly repeated the motto, and the change is fine. Mission statements, especially in the military, get changed and updated fairly routinely. We changed the mission statement twice at my last command. In three years. This is a nothing more than people trying to make an issue from a nonissue.

Let's move on to the faux outrage. Incidentally, this isn't a right thing or a left thing, it's a bipartisan thing. They both want to be outraged about something.

Well don’t blame me. OSINTdefender is usually on the ball.
That’s still the motto. It’s not changing. It’s even on the cadet uniforms and that’s also not changing. They’re just changing the mission statement which redundantly repeated the motto, and the change is fine. Mission statements, especially in the military, get changed and updated fairly routinely. We changed the mission statement twice at my last command. In three years. This is a nothing more than people trying to make an issue from a nonissue.
Do you worry that the kids graduating from our service academies these days are nerdy, woke brats with no ability to lead?

I saw a bunch of Air Force cadets when I was flying out of D.I.A. a few months ago and these children strike fear in the hearts of nobody.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Do you worry that the kids graduating from our service academies these days are nerdy, woke brats with no ability to lead?

I saw a bunch of Air Force cadets when I was flying out of D.I.A. a few months ago and these children strike fear in the hearts of nobody.
Maybe not, but their jets do.

Not really worried. They’re not going to be the same politically incorrect kind of people many of us were back in the day, but I don’t think they’re turning into woke pansies either. The military is a tough life and the vast majority not tough enough to live it get out at the first opportunity, and that’s a good thing.

As for the Air Force cadets, first they’re AIR FORCE ;) , second all of them (the vast majority of them - some have enlisted time first) are 18 year olds. That applies to those that become Marines, Special Forces, etc.

Last edited:
Not really worried. They’re not going to be the same politically incorrect kind of people many of us were back in the day, but I don’t think they’re turning into woke pansies either. The military is a tough life and the vast majority not tough enough to live it get out at the first opportunity, and that’s a good thing.

As for the Air Force cadets, first they’re AIR FORCE ;) , second all of them (the vast majority of them - some have enlisted time first) are 18 year olds. That applies to those that become Marines, Special Forces, etc.
I’m sure Farva could take them all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT