ADVERTISEMENT

Where to fit all of those stars?! A great problem to have!

iub

Freshman
May 5, 2004
Unless IU has already licensed some official merchandise that shows 8 stars, and I'm just unaware...I'm curious how the new 8-star logo will look!

I think arcing 8 stars across the top would be a little crowded. Even 7 across the top seemed to be a bit much.

How about 4 stars arced on top of the logo (in the same manner that the current stars are) and then 4 stars arcing "up" below the IU logo. Or maybe 8 stars evenly spaced out that circle the IU logo?

I think having so many stars, we can barely fit it around the logo is AWESOME.

4 on each side or top/bottom should work fine, but when thery do the design they should have in mind that they'll need to change it to 9 pretty soon too. IUT-any chance Zavaleta comes back next year?

Will Eriq Return?

I don't know a thing about Zavaletta and have never met him. So this is purely a total guess, but I think he bolts. He was perhaps the best player in the country this year (despite getting snubbed from the Hermann finalists), was a beast in the tourney, and led his team to the national title- so this is his opportunity to strike while the iron is hot. This is a kid who went to Bradenton Academy for 2 years of his HS career so he could develop his game and he played on the U17 National Team.

He just seems to me like a player who is bred to get to the next level, and no reason for him to spend 4 years in college to do that.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the lure of going back to back with his buddies is stronger than the lure of money and realizing his professional dream (for another year or so).

Re: Will Eriq Return?

Certainly he is one of the real stars of college soccer, that is for sure. However, at times this season, and also during the tournament run this year, I thought his stamina was in question late in games. He is playing at a weight that he needs to play his physical game, but I do wonder now and then whether he is carrying a bit too much weight. Will be interesting to see what he does, but I agree if he can cash in and be a top 3 or 5 pick, it certainly would be attractive.

I sure hope that Femi works hard in the off season to become more physical. He is so creative, but his lack of strength, and bulk sometimes don't allow him to finish when his moves put him into position to do so.

Loving the Hoosiers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Will Eriq Return?

I agree that Eriq is probably gone, but I think we have guys ready to step up. We'll still have Kotlov, Petts, Corrado, Femi, Oliver, and plenty of others. I think the bigger holes to fill will be Konstanski on the back line and Soffner in goal. Luckily it's IU soccer and the talent drop off will never be that great.

Well it looks like we have our answer, and the new IU Soccer logo will continue to arc the stars across the top of the IU-logo.

On the IU Soccer site, there is a news article about McRobbie's statement to the team and it includes the 8-star logo.

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/121012aaa.html

8-star logo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT