ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Leal?

Trey Galloway is a good kid and his future is good. But man, he is a black hole offensively.

I wonder, if the matchup is any better vs MSU defensively, if Leal will play more instead of Trey?

Carr and Mashburn were a handful tonight.
Yeah, I didn't see that Galloway was doing anything to help tonight and thought Leal should've gotten some of those minutes.

Yeah, I didn't see that Galloway was doing anything to help tonight and thought Leal should've gotten some of those minutes.
haha.. you don't like those shot fakes from the corner/left wing when the defender is already sagging 5 feet???

Reactions: JB_Nomee
Just because Race isn’t a good jump shooter doesn’t make it 3 on 5... He has a hell of a motor & makes a lot of good things happen on the interior. I totally agree with Bardo. Inside out is our key
3.5 vs 5 then? A few times when they were in, they were both at the top of the key - Race was nowhere near inside.

3.5 vs 5 then? A few times when they were in, they were both at the top of the key - Race was nowhere near inside.

I understand what you are trying to say. More and more 4s can stretch the D if not respected and that’s not really part of Race’s game. I love his efficiency in the post and his passing ability. Also he is very good playing high/low with Davis. He also doesn’t turn the ball over very much. I think his other abilities more than make up for his outside shooting.

Also we really have to have his defense, rebounding, and general toughness on the floor as much as possible.

Side note..... his 3 pt % is almost as good as Lander’s so maybe he should just take more.

I understand what you are trying to say. More and more 4s can stretch the D if not respected and that’s not really part of Race’s game. I love his efficiency in the post and his passing ability. Also he is very good playing high/low with Davis. He also doesn’t turn the ball over very much. I think his other abilities more than make up for his outside shooting.

Also we really have to have his defense, rebounding, and general toughness on the floor as much as possible.

Side note..... his 3 pt % is almost as good as Lander’s so maybe he should just take more.

I’m not dogging Race whatsoever, but when he and Trey are on the floor together, IU is relatively handcuffed offensively when the block is occupied by TJD.

Trey + Hunter or Trey + Jordan when Race needs a break. Or if Race is playing the 5 for TJD, the combo isn’t as bad.

I’m not dogging Race whatsoever, but when he and Trey are on the floor together, IU is relatively handcuffed offensively when the block is occupied by TJD.

Trey + Hunter or Trey + Jordan when Race needs a break. Or if Race is playing the 5 for TJD, the combo isn’t as bad.

Yea I agree but the problem is really that both Davis and Race have the skillset of a 5. If hunter keeps playing like he did yesterday he can really help stretch the D but we give up some defensively if they are big and on the boards.

Reactions: T.M.P.
You're exactly wrong. Trace needs to stay low, and Race needs to he high.
I think the main thing is neither should be anchored in the post and 1 is generally coming to the high post for screens. Even with TJD's lack of range, he's still really good at rolling to the basket and taking a pass and a dribble or drive and getting it off the glass. The one spot I'd like to see them utilize a little more is the baseline, but it seems to me there's a lot of man being played whereas I think it's easier to sneak baseline basket vs zones.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Trey Galloway is a good kid and his future is good. But man, he is a black hole offensively.
I thought he turned down some longer jump shots that were open enough to take. On one he drove to the basket. Maybe confidence?

Even with TJD's lack of range, he's still really good at rolling to the basket and taking a pass and a dribble or drive and getting it off the glass.
It's the most efficient part of his game. His lack of touch and offensive post skills hurts him when he's back to the basket. His best move in that situation is a quick spin. He also lacks vision and isn't the greatest playmaker.

Race has better post moves but has issues getting his shot off at times due to lack of explosiveness and not as efficient as TJD is at the rim. He is the though better passer and playmaker at the high post .. and has a better mid range game.

Basically the answer to TJD high, or TJD low? How about both? Since they are allowed to move, interchange.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT