ADVERTISEMENT

What should be done about Marjorie Taylor Greene?

What should be done about Marjorie Taylor Greene?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He needs to learn how to condense his posts. If someone is interested in having a debate they'll read the article you link, you don't have to cut and paste 3/4 of it.

An sometimes it's impossible to discern where the articles he's quoting stop and where his personal comments begin. His posting is just a mess.
Nice rant, and right back at you...Let's look at what YOU POSTED, and I objected to...

And let's note that I objected because you did not cite any links and acted as if we are just supposed to take your word for it on what you CLAIM people actually said. You do that CONSTANTLY- present your INTERPRETATION of facts, and then get angry when someone challenges your INTERPRETATION and asks you to link to what someone actually SAID...

Where's the lie? She was in the "complex;" no rioters even came down her hall. A Rep two offices down said they got the threat so she walked out and left. No story for her. But AOC, well, not surprising....

Here is Nancy Mace's account that she provided to The State newspaper in SC, in an interview she gave them on Jan 7, 2021...

"Republican Nancy Mace did not hesitate Thursday when asked if she still believed in President Donald Trump, the man she helped elect in 2016.

“No, I don’t,” the South Carolina Congresswoman said in an interview with The State newspaper. “I can’t condone the rhetoric from yesterday, where people died and all the violence. These were not protests. This was anarchy.”

It was a stunning departure for Mace, a freshman member of Congress whose own political rise is tied to Trump’s presidency."

Compare THIS with mcmutry's OPINION of events, including his description of Mace's actions...

Where's the lie? She was in the "complex;" no rioters even came down her hall. A Rep two offices down said they got the threat so she walked out and left. No story for her. But AOC, well, not surprising....

And then you doubled down...

The Cannon Building, where AOC was, is .6 miles away from the Capitol Building. It's connected by underground hallways but a considerable distance away. No rioters were anywhere near her. The Rep two offices down in the Cannon Building got notice and walked out. Hasn't said a peep since other than to call AOC out. Hell I was closer to riots this summer with my ten year old than AOC was on January 6.

Now what facts do I have incorrect? And to those who had the temerity to say the media isn't biased give me a Fing break. CNN headline today "AOC Nailed It!" AOC found an opportunity to inject herself in the January 6 debacle and play the victim. Her office address is the Cannon Building. She was nowhere near the rioters. She's truly a world-class panderer....

This is what you POSTED and apparently expected us to take at face value

"The Rep two offices down in the Cannon Building got notice and walked out. Hasn't said a peep since other than to call AOC out."

Now I assume it wasn't intentional on your part, but that is undeniably a LIE (actually TWO lies) that you posted and expected to be taken at face value.Mace did NOT "walk out",and she definitely spoke up well BEFORE AOC...

"Mace said she barricaded herself inside her D.C. office during the attack. Fearing that Trump supporters she had seen staying at her hotel might target her after she voted to certify the electoral votes, Mace said she decided to sleep in her office that night.

She said her children keep texting her asking if the protesters are gone."

Doesn't sound to me like she calmly "walked out and left" like You CLAIMED. And it also sounds like she was not only terrified of possible intruders, but even was afraid to go back to her HOTEL. Because she had voted for certifying the votes and she feared retribution from Trumpers...

So how accurate is this CLAIM you made?

"No story for her. But AOC, well, not surprising...."

Seems to me Mace made a bigger issue of the violence aspect a week or so BEFORE AOC even made her comments that you blatantly attacked her for. The question is why is Mace (apparently) changing her story and attacking AOC for expressing the same sort of fear that Mace herself expressed weeks earlier?

Maybe she's looking to score political points with the Fox crowd,and is every bit the political animal that you want to maintain AOC is?

The rest of the article calls in to question your characterization of Mace as someone who is not political.

"Mace’s distancing from Trump is sure to make waves in South Carolina, a state that voted for Trump in both 2016 and 2020. In her own 1st Congressional District, Mace estimates Trump got 5 percentage points more than she did.

Political watchers in South Carolina, an early voting state known for its historic influence on Republican presidential politics, say Mace’s decision could raise her profile quickly in Washington.

Scott Huffmon, a Winthrop University political scientist and leader of the Winthrop Poll, said Mace is making a savvy political bet while also recognizing the changing political forces in her coastal district, which in 2018 elected a Democrat to Congress for the first time in decades.

“She basically comes across as the professional surfer who kicks out of the wave right before it crashes. She rode the Trump wave to her own success and supported him. She kicked out of that wave right when it came time to put in the challenge to the results,” Huffmon said.

Huffmon continued, “In the 1st District, which is becoming more purple than it has been, she’s basically set herself up to be somebody who was faithful in a way that Republicans demanded she be to get the nomination, but also is somebody who can now say, ‘When I saw what was going on and what Trump did, I stepped away.’”

Mace was the only Republican House member of South Carolina’s Washington delegation who voted to certify the electoral votes early Thursday morning."

"Charleston County Republican Party Chairman Maurice Washington is less sure.

He watched Mace’s congressional campaign, taking mental notes when she weaved back and forth between touting her ties to Trump and dodging him. In the final weeks of her campaign, he noticed the photo of her standing next to Trump had begun to appear on her campaign materials again.

“She didn’t talk up Trump as a lot of the other primary candidates were. I kind of sensed early on that her loyalty probably would lie primarily with her constituents and less with Trump. So I’m not at all surprised,” he said. “But do I believe the Trump effect had an impact on her winning? I do believe that.”

Gerri McDaniel, a GOP leader in Myrtle Beach who worked as Trump’s state field director in 2016, also said Trump was responsible for other wins for Republicans in the Palmetto State.

Republicans who distance themselves from Trump, she warned, do so at their own peril.

“Without Mr. Trump, President Trump, there’s many people who would not have gotten elected in this state, one being the governor,” McDaniel said, citing Gov. Henry McMaster, who was the first statewide elected official in the nation to endorse Trump when he was a presidential primary candidate.

McDaniel also said she understands why Mace is distancing herself from Trump: She’s new in Congress and she’s trying to find her footing. Still, McDaniel said she has heard from many of Mace’s constituents who say they are disappointed.

“It seems to be that there are certain people that there’s no loyalty, but many people get surprised. As the saying goes: Elephants don’t forget,” she said."
OK I'll just boil it down to a distillation of the two most obvious lies you told and expected us to take at face value...

"Where's the lie? She was in the "complex;" no rioters even came down her hall. A Rep two offices down said they got the threat so she walked out and left. No story for her. But AOC, well, not surprising...."

And then you doubled down...

"The Cannon Building, where AOC was, is .6 miles away from the Capitol Building. It's connected by underground hallways but a considerable distance away. No rioters were anywhere near her. The Rep two offices down in the Cannon Building got notice and walked out. Hasn't said a peep since other than to call AOC out. Hell I was closer to riots this summer with my ten year old than AOC was on January 6."

To reiterate this was posted by YOU...

"The Rep two offices down in the Cannon Building got notice and walked out. Hasn't said a peep since other than to call AOC out."

Now what Mace actually told local SC paper The State on Jan 7, long before AOC spoke out on her fears...

"Mace said she barricaded herself inside her D.C. office during the attack. Fearing that Trump supporters she had seen staying at her hotel might target her after she voted to certify the electoral votes, Mace said she decided to sleep in her office that night.

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article248343115.html

You might have avoided posting inaccuracies had you actually read and cited LINKS...
Cosmic no offense but I can't discern anything you write with your posts. I'm sorry. They are multiple colors and always just a convoluted mess. As Hoodatguy said it's impossible to discern what you wrote and what one of your many news outlets you follow wrote. You never cite anything from an actual first-party source. It's always some paper or website you follow. It's just a mess.

Cosmic no offense but I can't discern anything you write with your posts. I'm sorry. They are multiple colors. As Hoodatguy said it's impossible to discern what you wrote and what one of your many news outlets you follow wrote. You never cite anything from an actual first-party source. It's always some paper or website you follow. It's just a mess.
Shorter version: you posted false statements about Mace and then were a colossal prick to others who had the temerity to ask you for sources.

LOL I just recounted what was said by AOC herself saying when the cop came to knock on her door she was in HER office. Fearing for her life HER office is the Cannon Building. Multiple Reps have said no rioters were there. Then AOC said Ted Cruz tried to have her killed.

Now if those facts are 1) incorrect - so be it or but they are directly from the mouths of the people who asserted same vs. you and cosmic's telephone game of "link, link, link 2) don't comport with your hyper WOKE dreams I can't help you. And trust me, there will never come a day you're capable of roasting me, on anything. You're an old woke tomato

Then why can't you LINK to AOC SAYING what you CLAIM she said? You CLAIMED Nancy Mace "walked out" when she clearly told her local paper she was too terrified to return to her hotel and decided to barricade herself in her office for the night.

That is from Jan 7, which means your assertion that she (Mace) did NOT make the attack a story is also FALSE...I posted the link to the interview/story she gave to her local paper the day after the freaking attack...

You can read it yourself...

Shorter version: you posted false statements about Mace and then were a colossal prick to others who had the temerity to ask you for sources.
Name one false statement about Mace. I just recounted what was said by AOC herself saying when the cop came to knock on her door she was in HER office. Fearing for her life. HER office is the Cannon Building. Multiple Reps including MACE have said no rioters were there. Then AOC said Ted Cruz tried to have her killed.

Name one false statement about Mace. I just recounted what was said by AOC herself saying when the cop came to knock on her door she was in HER office. Fearing for her life HER office is the Cannon Building. Multiple Reps including MACE have said no rioters were there. Then AOC said Ted Cruz tried to have her killed.
It's already been pointed out to you fifty times, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

It's already been pointed out to you fifty times, but you refuse to acknowledge it.
Then write it. Let's hear it. Succinctly. All I've ever said is that Mace said that AOC's office is two doors down and that there were no insurrectionists in the Cannon Building.

You said repeatedly that Mace simply walked out like it was no big deal. Mace herself said no, she was actually scared and barricaded herself in her office.
I didn't hear she barricaded herself in the office. Below is what I heard.

Mace said it was not true that rioters were shouting in the hallway where she and Ocasio-Cortez share an office.

“We have to separate fact from fiction,” Mace said, claiming that they were being protected by the Capitol police.

“This was a traumatic experience and I’m not gonna discount that for anyone that lived through that day,” she added.

But Mace made clear that there was “no violent mob in the hallways” after AOC described hearing loud noises outside her office.

“When you exaggerate it, or are dishonest about how you represent what happened, it waters down everyone else’s trauma,” Mace added.

Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) detailed her experience of the encounter during an Instagram Live stream this week.

After the video aired, Mace (R-SC) tweeted, “My office is 2 doors down. Insurrectionists never stormed our hallway.”

Ocasio-Cortez said a Capitol Police officer barged into her office without identifying himself, which made her fear for her life.

Mace claimed that statement was disparaging to law enforcement.

“So we have to be very clear and not exaggerate this experience or take advantage and politicize it,” Mace explained.

Cosmic no offense but I can't discern anything you write with your posts. I'm sorry. They are multiple colors and always just a convoluted mess. As Hoodatguy said it's impossible to discern what you wrote and what one of your many news outlets you follow wrote. You never cite anything from an actual first-party source. It's always some paper or website you follow. It's just a mess.

I don't follow The State,just did some basic research, looked in to the feud between Mace and AOC and discovered proof that Mace changed her story. At least from what you claimed she said/did...

I honestly think your attacks in this thread on AOC for being scared are misplaced. She's a victim of previous sexual assault and was obviously traumatized by events she didn't clearly understand. Even Katie Porter has recounted that AOC was terrified when she got to Porter's office in Longwood.

Exactly how is that so different than Mace telling that paper that she was not only terrified but didn't want to go back to her hotel for the night because there were Trumpers there?

Undoubtedly the two women had had vastly different life experiences. Mace graduated from the Citadel while AOC is the child of Puerto Rican immigrants who entered into politics by challenging an entrenched Dem liberal. The point is they were both terrified. Mace because of 1 anti-Trump vote she cast and AOC after being the target of death threats and the Trump whipping girl since she was first elected. Yet your derision is reserved solely for AOC, largely due to you applying a false narrative to Mace...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I don't follow The State,just did some basic research, looked in to the feud between Mace and AOC and discovered proof that Mace changed her story. At least from what you claimed she said/did...

I honestly think your attacks in this thread on AOC for being scared are misplaced. She's a victim of previous sexual assault and was obviously traumatized by events she didn't clearly understand. Even Katie Porter has recounted that AOC was terrified when she got to Porter's office in Longwood.

Exactly how is that so different than Mace telling that paper that she was not only terrified but didn't want to go back to her hotel for the night because there were Trumpers there?

Undoubtedly the two women had had vastly different life experiences. Mace graduated from the Citadel while AOC is the child of Puerto Rican immigrants who entered into politics by challenging an entrenched Dem liberal. The point is they were both terrified. Mace because of 1 anti-Trump vote she cast and AOC after being the target of death threats and the Trump whipping girl since she was first elected. Yet your derision is reserved solely for AOC, largely due to you applying a false narrative to Mace...
And if Mace indeed changed her story than so be it. The point that I care about remains exactly what Mace says about AOC.

Dan Crenshaw
I don’t know why AOC is still defending this. And trying to distract by bringing veteran trauma into it? Gross. AOC didn’t lie, but she did mislead. We were evacuated from Cannon to Longworth BEFORE the breach, and watched the horror of the siege live on CSPAN once evacuated.

Nancy Mace

@NancyMace
Hold up

You seem to be triggered by facts so let me be clear: I have not ONCE discounted your experience. It was harrowing for all of us. FACT: Insurrectionists weren’t in our hallways. It’s your eagerness to politicize absolutely ANYTHING that deserves condemnation.

I didn't hear she barricaded herself in the office. Below is what I heard.

Mace said it was not true that rioters were shouting in the hallway where she and Ocasio-Cortez share an office.

“We have to separate fact from fiction,” Mace said, claiming that they were being protected by the Capitol police.

“This was a traumatic experience and I’m not gonna discount that for anyone that lived through that day,” she added.

But Mace made clear that there was “no violent mob in the hallways” after AOC described hearing loud noises outside her office.

“When you exaggerate it, or are dishonest about how you represent what happened, it waters down everyone else’s trauma,” Mace added.

I just found the OLD interview from The State today, which is why you hadn't heard that Mace barricaded herself before I posted it...

I think Mace is trying to score political points by distorting what AOC said. I don't think AOC said she heard "rioters" in the hallways. She said she heard people shouting "Where is she?", and in her fear assumed they were rioters. Huge difference...

Clearly, something traumatized AOC because Katie Porter described her in a TV interview as "terrified". Porter recounted that AOC was in heels and they secured tennis shoes from a staffer in case they had to run.

And again this is what Mace told her local paper on Jan 7, weeks before you repeatedly posted she calmly walked out and left...

"After a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday in a futile effort to try and overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, Mace has had enough.

Mace said she barricaded herself inside her D.C. office during the attack. Fearing that Trump supporters she had seen staying at her hotel might target her after she voted to certify the electoral votes, Mace said she decided to sleep in her office that night.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I disagree with what the Ds did yesterday. When I say Ds are bad at politics, this is what I mean. I’m sure it felt good in the moment but it’s terribly short sighted.

The GOP and McCarthy look like weak, immoral fools for not containing MTG on their own. It was their garbage to take out of if they were too stupid to do it, the Ds should have just left it alone and kept pounding MGT and her horribleness over their heads.

I just found the OLD interview from The State today, which is why you hadn't heard that Mace barricaded herself before I posted it...

I think Mace is trying to score political points by distorting what AOC said. I don't think AOC said she heard "rioters" in the hallways. She said she heard people shouting "Where is she?", and in her fear assumed they were rioters. Huge difference...

Clearly, something traumatized AOC because Katie Porter described her in a TV interview as "terrified". Porter recounted that AOC was in heels and they secured tennis shoes from a staffer in case they had to run.

And again this is what Mace told her local paper on Jan 7, weeks before you repeatedly posted she calmly walked out and left...

"After a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday in a futile effort to try and overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, Mace has had enough.

Mace said she barricaded herself inside her D.C. office during the attack. Fearing that Trump supporters she had seen staying at her hotel might target her after she voted to certify the electoral votes, Mace said she decided to sleep in her office that night.

Probably true Re Mace. So what is Crenshaw referring to about AOC being misleading?

She didn't hurt me.
I don't care much for AOC because she is an attention-grabbing my-way-or-the-highway ideologue whose ability to compromise with any other representatives who aren't perfect syncophants, or even see their viewpoint, is nil. She is ineffective, it seems to me, other than in advancing ideology. Putting her in a room even with moderates is like having Bob Knight in his cranky prime at a referees and sportwriters conference.

You and others here seem to dislike her because she is a mouthy, scary, dumb, too-brown female with too many opinions and who gets too much publicity (hilariously, publicity generated as a result of your hate), who also won't shut up and make you a sandwich.

Did I get it right?

I don't care much for AOC because she is an attention-grabbing my-way-or-the-highway ideologue whose ability to compromise with any other representatives who aren't perfect syncophants, or even see their viewpoint, is nil. She is ineffective, it seems to me, other than in advancing ideology. Putting her in a room even with moderates is like having Bob Knight in his cranky prime at a referees and sportwriters conference.

You and others here seem to dislike her because she is a mouthy, scary, dumb, too-brown female with too many opinions and who gets too much publicity (hilariously, publicity generated as a result of your hate), who also won't shut up and make you a sandwich.

Did I get it right?
"Who also won't shut up and make you a sandwich" wowwwwwwww who shamed you to be this woke and, honestly, stupid and dangerous? I don't like AOC because the idiotic liberal media has given this dangerous dolt a voice. A voice and a blowhorn to propagate qualities and values that I try my level best to teach my daughter the absolute opposite of everyday. Whether it's her support for defunding police; her cries for entitlements while advocating against Amazon bringing 25,000 new jobs to her district; to her rush to judgment BS over Breonna Taylor and "The System" without being privy to any of the facts or allowing same to be fleshed out. She's a cancel culture, woe is me victim who does so by way of look at me social media stories. She is the living embodiment of much of what's wrong with our nation today. And your projecting bullshit like "she won't shut up and make you a sandwich" evidences the fact that you are brainwashed by that culture and a big part of our problem as a country today.

I would bet my life I have far more friends of color than you. I would bet my life I have far more friends of color living in South Florida alone than you: Haitians, Latinos, people I talk to literally every single day. You are the quintessential, stereotypical, uber white academic, elitist, bullshit, woke Dem. A woke Dem who has never spent a day in an urban environment working with people of color.

I voted with the Dems for many, many years. There are many policy positions of the Dems I strongly support. I trust I'll vote Dem again at some point in the future. But your far left woke bs is something I will never support. It's it's own form of discrimination and in my view every bit as dangerous as the crap from the far right.

Last edited:

Did I get it right?

So you concede she's attention grabbing, but then claim she only has publicity because of people's hateful reactions to her?

She launches personal attacks at a clip that far surpasses any other members of congress, could this be why she makes people angry?

She didn't hurt me. She shamed you. Now you hate yourself. It's sad.
What’s astonishing is that you perpetuate your juvenile attacks on people here and think someone is affected by your harmless, unimaginative BS.

You say you’ve been here a long time. There is a continuum of insults here, from cleverly sophisticated, such as those of Rockfish1, to boorishly simple-minded, epitomized by yours.

Up your game. Time for second grade.

What’s astonishing is that you perpetuate your juvenile attacks on people here and think someone is affected by your harmless, unimaginative BS.

You say you’ve been here a long time. There is a continuum of insults here, from cleverly sophisticated, such as those of Rockfish1, to boorishly simple-minded, epitomized by yours.

Up your game. Time for second grade.
LMAO that sent you crying to the moderators for bullying.... I'm not surprised to see you post here. Part of me thinks you could be outside shooter's wife. Anyway, you spend half your day here responding to people who have you on ignore. So dumb. Now run along....

So you concede she's attention grabbing, but then claim she only has publicity because of people's hateful reactions to her?

She loves social media and has a huge following that she churns up there, but the spark for even knowing who she is comes from the vast anger of old white guys.

My Trump-leaning Indiana social media friends post more AOC hate than stuff on Biden, Harris, Pelosi, and Schumer COMBINED. they are scared to death of her. I never got it. A junior congresswoman with minimal responsibilities, but they give her the bullhorn because they bully her and she won't take it. She outsmarts the rubes. I don't care much for her, but I will give her that.

Last edited:
LMAO that sent you crying to the moderators for bullying.... I'm not surprised to see you post here. Part of me thinks you could be outside shooter's wife. Anyway, you spend half your day here responding to people who have you on ignore. So dumb. Now run along....
Nursery school at best. I’m starting to doubt you can afford a garbage can in S Fla.

She loves sicial media and has a huge following that she churns up there, but the spark for even knowign who she is comes from the vast anger of old white guys.

My Trump-leaning Indiana social media friends post more AOC hate than stuff on Biden, Harris, Pelosi, and Schumer COMBINED. they are scared to death of her. I never got it. A junior congresswoman with minimal responsibilities, but they give her the bullhorn because they bully her and she won't take it. She outsmarts the rubes. I don't care much for her, but I will giver her that.
Man you are brainwashed. "She outsmarts the rubes." Unbelievable. Do you ever stop to think what some of these white men have in common? Some of the qualities and traits? Some of the values? That perhaps they've worked their asses off for 35 years. Built businesses. Sacrificed. Didn't make excuses. Didn't play the victim. Just worked and worked and worked? Gave to charity. And perhaps don't care for a young, rush to judgment bartender with zero experience in the real world shouting about socialism and making snap judgments about cops.

She loves sicial media and has a huge following that she churns up there, but the spark for even knowign who she is comes from the vast anger of old white guys.

My Trump-leaning Indiana social media friends post more AOC hate than stuff on Biden, Harris, Pelosi, and Schumer COMBINED. they are scared to death of her. I never got it. A junior congresswoman with minimal responsibilities, but they give her the bullhorn because they bully her and she won't take it. She outsmarts the rubes. I don't care much for her, but I will giver her that.

Why do your old, white, misogynist, racist friends post so much more about her than Kamala?

You should report me again for bullying you...so weak. In the meantime engage with the people who have you on ignore BWAHAHAHAHA
I have to admit that I do admire that your answering machine has at least three or four different responses, evidently at random.

She represents her constituents.

idiocracy.jpg

Why do your old, white, misogynist, racist friends post so much more about her than Kamala?
She is scarier somehow, or a least was scarier FIRST. Nobody knew crap about Kamala until Biden picked her, so AOC had a 2 year head start. Maybe she looks more immigrant-ish? I don't know what it is that scares these rubes, some of which are my kin.

She is scarier somehow, or a least was scarier FIRST. Nobody knew crap about Kamala until Biden picked her, so AOC had a 2 year head start. Maybe she looks more immigrant-ish? I don't know what it is that scares these rubes, some of which are my kin.
Do you think it could be her policy? She’s the far left. Or are you so woke race is all you see? Why is everything race or sex with you? How about the ten thousand things she's said. Could it be what she says that they dislike? You are every bit as scary as anyone in Q.

What about Tulsi, she's been around for a while, do they post about her? Or Candace Owens? Nikki Haley is kinda foreign looking, can't imagine the hateful stuff they post about her.....

Do you think it could be her policy?
We're talking knuckle-dragging rubes here. In my gene pool, but at the shallow end. Yes, they call her a communist, but if you ask them to define communism, vs. socialism, vs. 100% pure capitalism, they would stare at you like cows at a passing train. Think DANC or MAs-sa-suta. The common clay of the land. Morons.

We're talking knuckle-dragging rubes here. In my gene pool, but at the shallow end. Yes, they call her a communist, but if you ask them to define communism, vs. socialism, vs. 100% pure capitalism, they would stare at you like cows at a passing train. Think DANC or MAs-sa-suta. The common clay of the land. Morons.
I don’t doubt there’s a redneck element that behave/believe that.

Should try Linux.

sandwich.png

In addition to saying Ted Cruz tried to murder her now she's saying there are members of Congress who would create opportunities to allow her to be kidnapped. She's truly unbelievable. Just a horrible, despicable, dolt. I'd rather have any one of those rubes in office than AOC.

She said she didn't feel safe going to a secure location with Republican lawmakers “because there were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, et cetera.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT