ADVERTISEMENT

What should be done about Marjorie Taylor Greene?

What should be done about Marjorie Taylor Greene?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I may be late to the party, but I at least researched the FACTS. Starting with the fact that Katie Porter said AOC was distraught the moment she arrived in her office IN LONGWOOD.

You seem to place undue reliance on the fact that Mace (who did NOT mention even seeing AOC) did not feel threatened in Cannon. Guessing you ignored the interview with Katie Porter who not only SAW AOC but gave her refuge in her office in LONGWOOD. I have no idea why Mace would hold ANY relevance to the story, since it's obvious AOC was confused and actually moved CLOSER to the danger point.

My explanation is she was confused and likely assumed the place where people were meeting would be the safest place to go. My guess is the officers who knocked on her door likely were confused as to what was going on as well, and likely told her it wasn't safe there. My guess is that they didn't specifically warn her NOT to head to Longwood, so she went to where she knew she had friends and where she assumed there would be safety in numbers...

Why do YOU think she moved closer to the actual danger, assuming she wasn't panicked or confused?
Lmao you are ignoring the facts and then saying “MY GUESS.” I told you the facts. Repeatedly. Write less and listen more. And if you start with Porter you’ve missed the salient part of the story and most of the facts. Facts. Lol. You’re talking about a woman who thinks Ted Cruz tried to murder her.

Last edited:
You're saying the cop told her to go to Longwood? Then why didn't Mace go to Longwood?
I assume the cops just told people to leave, but not specific instructions on where to go...

Btw, there are SEVERAL "other buildings", not just Longwood and Cannon. Have you even looked at a map?

You guess. You assume. Then you tell others about facts. Good grief. Go to bed. And you might be one of the few that’s better off not thinking for yourself.

Reactions: 76-1
Right but she feared for her life when the cop knocked on her door...in Cannon
She feared for her life in Katie Porter's office. Did she also fear for her life in her own office? Maybe. I don't know. But we were talking about what was happening in Porter's office, and what her colleague two doors down in Cannon had to say about the matter is irrelevant.

This isn't difficult. I mean, it is complicated, of course, but it's not difficult to say to yourself, "I'm going to hold back and refuse to make broad judgments about a complex situation." Try it some time. You might find it liberating.

Reactions: outside shooter
She feared for her life in Katie Porter's office. Did she also fear for her life in her own office? Maybe. I don't know. But we were talking about what was happening in Porter's office, and what her colleague two doors down in Cannon had to say about the matter is irrelevant.

This isn't difficult. I mean, it is complicated, of course, but it's not difficult to say to yourself, "I'm going to hold back and refuse to make broad judgments about a complex situation." Try it some time. You might find it liberating.
You were talking about that. I wasn’t. She feared for her life when the cop was banging on her door. In Cannon two doors down from her colleague. Try viewing things without a partisan filter some time. You might find it liberating

Last edited:
You were talking about that. I wasn’t. She feared for her life when the cop was banging on her door. In Cannon two doors down from her colleague. Try viewing things without a partisan filter some time. You might find it liberating
I'm not using a partisan filter. I'm using a common sense filter. Common sense says to slow down and take your time to parse all the complicated information.

You want to make a judgment NOW. She's awful! Now! No waiting! She sucks!

I'm not sure why you think that's 1) lack of a partisan filter, or 2) liberating, but I want none of it. I'll take sober contemplation every day ahead of your rush to bullshit partisan attacks.

I'm not using a partisan filter. I'm using a common sense filter. Common sense says to slow down and take your time to parse all the complicated information.

You want to make a judgment NOW. She's awful! Now! No waiting! She sucks!

I'm not sure why you think that's 1) lack of a partisan filter, or 2) liberating, but I want none of it. I'll take sober contemplation every day ahead of your rush to bullshit partisan attacks.
What a little hypocrite you are. I told YOU the facts. You asked ten times the name of the Rep. You hadn’t bothered to read a single thing about this incident before taking up for AOC. That’s the rush to judgment. And your partisan self coming through.

What a little hypocrite you are. I told YOU the facts. You asked ten times the name of the Rep. You hadn’t bothered to read a single thing about this incident before taking up for AOC. That’s the rush to judgment. And your partisan self coming through.
LOL. The fact that you think asking questions is a "rush to judgment" proves my point. Good luck with your personal journey. I hope you find enlightenment one day.

You're saying the cop told her to go to Longwood? Then why didn't Mace go to Longwood?
I assume the cops just told people to leave, but not specific instructions on where to go..
Lmao you are ignoring the facts and then saying “MY GUESS.” I told you the facts. Repeatedly. Write less and listen more. And if you start with Porter you’ve missed the salient part of the story and most of the facts. Facts. Lol. You’re talking about a woman who thinks Ted Cruz tried to murder her.

What Facts? You haven't posted a single link to a single fact. just what you claim she said (with ZERO links) and then your interpretation of what she supposedly said, which again you haven't linked...

The whole reason I even got involved was you started accusing shooter of "lying" about spartan, when shooter called out this bit of nonsense, posted verbatim...

This is what spartan posted (and you defended). He even put it in quotes with no link or even reference to who he's quoting.

"AOC was not in the U.S. Capitol building during her 'near death' experience. She claims to have been in her office, which is located in the Cannon Building. Rioters did not reach the Cannon Building."

WTH is he even quoting? That is exactly what he posted and you decided you had to defend and for the life of me I can't fathom why? What does it even mean?

Then you keep saying that AOC "claimed" she suffered terror in HER OFFICE, when the facts are she was exhibiting terror when she reached Katie Porter's office and Katie has RECOUNTED exactly what transpired.

Then you claim that because I'm honest enough to admit I don't know what the cops said that I'm not dealing with facts. Instead, you just lie and provide no evidence of what you claim happened and you're not honest enough to even admit it. You say you "believe the cop", but you can't even provide a link to tell us what the cop claimed to have said. If you don't KNOW what he even claims to have said, how is there anything to even believe?

And Nancy Mace is irrelevant until you can link something demonstrating that AOC claimed there were rioters in Cannon. I haven't paid that much attention- again I only got interested and started researching because you jumped in to defend your buddy sparty,
who on the surface appears to be lying.

No one even knows Nancy Mace, so her having a completely different reaction to AOC when informed that pro-Trump thugs were rioting is IMHO both totally understandable and irrelevant. However, there isn't a doubt in my mind that someone like AOC receives death threats on a near-daily basis. I mean these scum have no problem threatening kids like Greta Thunberg and the Parkland survivors, so you almost have to be divorced from reality to somehow think AOC would escape their wrath...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I assume the cops just told people to leave, but not specific instructions on where to go..

What Facts? You haven't posted a single link to a single fact. just what you claim she said (with ZERO links) and then your interpretation of what she supposedly said, which again you haven't linked...

The whole reason I even got involved was you started accusing shooter of "lying" about spartan, when shooter called out this bit of nonsense, posted verbatim...

This is what spartan posted (and you defended). He even put it in quotes with no link or even reference to who he's quoting.

"AOC was not in the U.S. Capitol building during her 'near death' experience. She claims to have been in her office, which is located in the Cannon Building. Rioters did not reach the Cannon Building."

WTH is he even quoting? That is exactly what he posted and you decided you had to defend and for the life of me I can't fathom why? What does it even mean?

Then you keep saying that AOC "claimed" she suffered terror in HER OFFICE, when the facts are she was exhibiting terror when she reached Katie Porter's office and Katie has RECOUNTED exactly what transpired.

Then you claim that because I'm honest enough to admit I don't know what the cops said that I'm not dealing with facts. Instead, you just lie and provide no evidence of what you claim happened and you're not honest enough to even admit it. You say you "believe the cop", but you can't even provide a link to tell us what the cop claimed to have said. If you don't KNOW what he even claims to have said, how is there anything to even believe?

And Nancy Mace is irrelevant until you can link something demonstrating that AOC claimed there were rioters in Cannon. I haven't paid that much attention- again I only got interested and started researching because you jumped in to defend your buddy sparty,
who on the surface appears to be lying.

No one even knows Nancy Mace, so her having a completely different reaction to AOC when informed that pro-Trump thugs were rioting is IMHO totally understandable and irrelevant. However, there isn't a doubt in my mind that someone like AOC receives death threats on a near-daily basis. I mean these scum have no problem threatening kids like Greta Thunberg and the Parkland survivors, so you almost have to be divorced from reality to somehow think AOC would escape their wrath...

Too long. Not reading. Learn how to succinctly get to the point.

Last edited:
Too long. Not reading. Learn how to succinctly get to the point

FACTS, esp when you claim someone SAID something are NOT facts without ACTUAL LINKS. That seems to be a common tactic of the Trumpers on this board. Make up a "fact", offer ZERO evidence, and then argue with those supposed "facts" as the foundation of your argument...

Some of you guys really took Kellyanne's BS to heart...

"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.

FACTS, esp when you claim someone SAID something are NOT facts without ACTUAL LINKS. That seems to be a common tactic of the Trumpers on this board. Make up a "fact", offer ZERO evidence, and then argue with those supposed "facts" as the foundation of your argument...

Some of you guys really took Kellyanne's BS to heart...

"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.
F off with your stupid links. Didn’t you learn a lesson with the private street in Saint Louis and all your bs links that were wrong this past summer. My dumbass has twenty links that say a street can’t be private. Link link link. Everyone living in Portland place and around there knew it was private. I told you then to stop with the links unless it’s a first party and think for yourself. Go to the source. Mace has a Twitter account. She says where she was and that there were no rioters. Go to aoc’s own words about the cop at her door IN HER OFFICE in cannon. You look it up AND THINK FOR YOURSELF. link link link. The buildings are public knowledge a map is online with distances. Your links are almost always bullshit just like this summer. Go to the source and think for yourself. I’m not doing all the work for you.

Think for yourself. Learn how to make a point more succinctly. Few want to read your long ass posts. We have jobs, kids, nagging stokers. This is a multi task quick deal. I apologize in advance for the length of my own post here. Too long.

Last edited:
Okay, let’s get the facts. I thought all of the 535 were in their respective session (House and Senate) when the Capitol was breached.

Q1: Where was AOC when the capitol was breached?

Q2: When was she in Cannon?

Q3: If Cannon wasn’t dangerous, why was it evacuated?

Q4: When was AOC in Porter’s office?

Without those facts precisely known the preceding 1000 posts amount to squat.

I may be late to the party, but I at least researched the FACTS. Starting with the fact that Katie Porter said AOC was distraught the moment she arrived in her office IN LONGWOOD.

You seem to place undue reliance on the fact that Mace (who did NOT mention even seeing AOC) did not feel threatened in Cannon. Guessing you ignored the interview with Katie Porter who not only SAW AOC but gave her refuge in her office in LONGWOOD. I have no idea why Mace would hold ANY relevance to the story, since it's obvious AOC was confused and actually moved CLOSER to the danger point.

My explanation is she was confused and likely assumed the place where people were meeting would be the safest place to go. My guess is the officers who knocked on her door likely were confused as to what was going on as well, and likely told her it wasn't safe there. My guess is that they didn't specifically warn her NOT to head to Longwood, so she went to where she knew she had friends and where she assumed there would be safety in numbers...

Why do YOU think she moved closer to the actual danger, assuming she wasn't panicked or confused?

Of course she's distraught. She's a walking, talking, tweeting and blabbering emotional filled basketcase of a person who's rarely ever exuded something that approaches a serious thought.

She spends every waking moment distraught about something.

She fits in well in the House of Lunatics

This thread is a great example why our politics is a disaster. And it's mainly due to internet media.

There are 535 people in Congress. Takeaway the 25-35 or so that are in leadership.... that obviously need covered. That leaves 500 others.
Of those 500, I'd say at least 400 are decent people actually trying to do their job, they don't jump out in front of cameras at every opportunity, and if they do speak they are likely about as interesting as @TheOriginalHappyGoat writing a thread about a NYT crossword puzzle.

so the media is left with the 100 crackpots, loons and attention whores to write about on a daily basis. And then the rest of us debate over that bullshit.

This thread is a great example why our politics is a disaster. And it's mainly due to internet media.

There are 535 people in Congress. Takeaway the 25-35 or so that are in leadership.... that obviously need covered. That leaves 500 others.
Of those 500, I'd say at least 400 are decent people actually trying to do their job, they don't jump out in front of cameras at every opportunity, and if they do speak they are likely about as interesting as @TheOriginalHappyGoat writing a thread about a NYT crossword puzzle.

so the media is left with the 100 crackpots, loons and attention whores to write about on a daily basis. And then the rest of us debate over that bullshit.
I could make a thread about the NYT crossword puzzle rock! Will FTW!

Liz Cheney beat back a Trumpian revolt by a vote of 145-61 to keep her leadership position even after voting to impeach Trump.
Note that it was done by secret ballot. McCarthy isn't stupid. The vote to strip MTG of her committee seats would be similar with a secret ballot. But McCarthy doesn't have the stones to call for a vote.

Reading the newspapers that cover her Northwest Georgia district, however, it’s clear that Greene is something else to local journalists and columnists: a more personal embarrassment. And for some, save for the rare conservative voice tepidly defending her, a more or less predictable disappointment.
None of the recent revelations about Greene’s beliefs seem surprising to local writers. In a few editorials from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and elsewhere, one can almost detect frustration that some Georgians were expressing shock, given the reporting they had already done on Greene’s online behavior. “Long before she was elected to the U.S. House, we knew that Marjorie Taylor Greene was problematic,” began an editorial in the Journal-Constitution. “We reported that she had said racist things. And xenophobic things. And anti-Semitic things. We reported that she had supported QAnon. We reported about the conspiracy theories she spread about 9/11 and the mass shooting in Las Vegas.”

Reading the newspapers that cover her Northwest Georgia district, however, it’s clear that Greene is something else to local journalists and columnists: a more personal embarrassment. And for some, save for the rare conservative voice tepidly defending her, a more or less predictable disappointment.
None of the recent revelations about Greene’s beliefs seem surprising to local writers. In a few editorials from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and elsewhere, one can almost detect frustration that some Georgians were expressing shock, given the reporting they had already done on Greene’s online behavior. “Long before she was elected to the U.S. House, we knew that Marjorie Taylor Greene was problematic,” began an editorial in the Journal-Constitution. “We reported that she had said racist things. And xenophobic things. And anti-Semitic things. We reported that she had supported QAnon. We reported about the conspiracy theories she spread about 9/11 and the mass shooting in Las Vegas.”
I'm highly skeptical of her apology, as we all should be, but MTG deserves the right to fail on her own. The people of GA-14 elected her knowing full well her social media insanity. Until she does something as a Member of Congress to warrant shunning she shouldn't be shunned. That said, she shouldn't be on any committee's , either.

She was +15 in the Republican primary and +50 in the general. Gonna have to be the Republicans making an effort to primary her. To be fair, I think they will put her in a corner over time and then primary her in 2022. But, if she beats back that primary challenge she will win the general regardless of her antics.

Reactions: Spartans9312
She was +15 in the Republican primary and +50 in the general. Gonna have to be the Republicans making an effort to primary her. To be fair, I think they will put her in a corner over time and then primary her in 2022. But, if she beats back that primary challenge she will win the general regardless of her antics.
The key question is, is she dangerous? I don’t think she’ll ever have enough power to really hurt the nation and in the meantime she surely can’t help The GOP. She’s a net loss. She also won’t help her district. If they want to keep electing her, that just reflects on them.

Reactions: UncleMark
The key question is, is she dangerous? I don’t think she’ll ever have enough power to really hurt the nation and in the meantime she surely can’t help The GOP. She’s a net loss. She also won’t help her district. If they want to keep electing her, that just reflects on them.
True. But that district might lead the country in the sale of "I'd rather be dead than a Democrat" t-shirts.

True. But that district might lead the country in the sale of "I'd rather be dead than a Democrat" t-shirts.
It’s on the Democrats to be a net positive for as many people as possible. Here’s something I don’t see getting talked about. The most fundamental difference between Biden and Trump is lying or telling the truth. For all intents and purposes, Biden is testing the proposition that honesty can work for a politician.

It’s on the Democrats to be a net positive for as many people as possible. Here’s something I don’t see getting talked about. The most fundamental difference between Biden and Trump is lying or telling the truth. For all intents and purposes, Biden is testing the proposition that honesty can work for a politician.

The problem is that everyone is in their media bubble. As you can see from this board, no one cares for the actual truth but only the version of the truth that their media tells them. Unless there are standards that all media has to adhere to (as far as not lying and verifying facts before reporting), then I don't see an end to the brainwashing.

Politicians only care about getting re-elected. So they will do the bidding of their constituents, even if that means claiming that the earth is flat in order to get their vote. Or Jewish space lasers. Trump would be convicted and Greene would be kicked out of the House if politicians didn't have to worry about repercussions from their voters.

Reactions: TommyCracker
The problem is that everyone is in their media bubble.
Free speech isn't going anywhere so the media bubbles will continue for the foreseeable future. Perhaps we should tighten up libel/slander laws but if they infringe on free speech, then no. Basically the electorate, hell people in general, need to get smarter and better at seeking out facts and making sound decisions based on those facts. Notice I didn't say truth, b/c everybody gets to have their own truth these days. Truth is often based on perspective. Facts are facts.

I have some hope for the younger generation. Having lived their whole lives in front of a screen they might be able to discern bullshit from facts better than those being introduced to such technology later in life. Kinda like how it's easier for a kid to learn a foreign language than an adult. I guess we'll see won't we.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Free speech isn't going anywhere so the media bubbles will continue for the foreseeable future. Perhaps we should tighten up libel/slander laws but if they infringe on free speech, then no. Basically the electorate, hell people in general, need to get smarter and better at seeking out facts and making sound decisions based on those facts. Notice I didn't say truth, b/c everybody gets to have their own truth these days. Truth is often based on perspective. Facts are facts.

I have some hope for the younger generation. Having lived their whole lives in front of a screen they might be able to discern bullshit from facts better than those being introduced to such technology later in life. Kinda like how it's easier for a kid to learn a foreign language than an adult. I guess we'll see won't we.

Free speech isn't without its limitations already. For example, a person can get in trouble for yelling fire in a crowded movie theater (if we get back to having crowded movie theaters). Libel/slander laws could use some work.

I would think they could come up with ways to punish media companies for knowingly spreading lies. Maybe not the specific employee that is doing so but make it so it would be untenable for the media station to keep them on staff.

For example, a person can have their free speech, but have their megaphone taken away (tv/radio/etc). Similar to twitter cutting people off on their own or amazon cutting off parler for lack of moderation.

That.
Did.
Not.
Happen.

AOC was not in Cannon. Cannon had been evacuated, earlier. That added confusion, because AOC did not know where it was that she SHOULD go.

This isn't hard, if you think.

An analogy, let's say that Mike Pence made a statement about being in Indianapolis yesterday. You then say "He's lying, I was in Columbus yesterday, and he wasn't there".

You are told "Wait, Columbus and indianapolis are not the same thing!"

Then you say "He's lying, I was in Columbus yesterday, and he wasn't there".

what-we-have-here-is-failure-to-communicate.jpg

That.
Did.
Not.
Happen.

AOC was not in Cannon. Cannon had been evacuated, earlier. That added confusion, because AOC did not know where it was that she SHOULD go.

An analogy, let's say that Mike Pence made a statement about being in Indianapolis yesterday. You then say "He's lying, I was in Columbus yesterday, and he wasn't there".

Great movie but faulty logic. She said she was in HER OFFICE when the cop banged on her door. Her office is in Cannon.

Great movie but faulty logic. She said she was in HER OFFICE when the cop banged on her door. Her office is in Cannon.
She said that she was in Katie Porter's bathroom when the cop banged on her door. She could not have been in Cannon. It was evacuated and locked up at the time. Where her office is located has no relevance, because that is not where she was. You can find false reports that claim that she had been in her office, but...

from the IG post, the corroborating Porter interview, and the reports I posted earlier about Cannon being evacuated and shut down before the seige began, deducing the truth is pretty easy for anyone open to listening. Which, apparently, does not include you.

She said that she was in Katie Porter's bathroom when the cop banged on her door. She could not have been in Cannon. It was evacuated and locked up at the time. Where her office is located has no relevance, because that is not where she was. You can find false reports that claim that she had been in her office, but...

from the IG post, the corroborating Porter interview, and the reports I posted earlier about Cannon being evacuated and shut down before the seige began, deducing the truth is pretty easy for anyone open to listening. Which, apparently, does not include you.
Not what I read. I read the cop banged on her door as she was in HER office and told her where to go (another building) and to evacuate so THEN she went to Porter’s office. USA Today article. This isn’t a story that should be hard to sort out.

Regardless she’s an attention whore.

Last edited:
That.
Did.
Not.
Happen.

tenor.gif

I prefer the Cool Hand Luke version.

In terms of defeating Greene only the Republican voters of the 14th District in Georgia can manage this, as 75% of the voters are Republican.

I don't see this as likely since Trump also carried 75% of the votes in the district, and Trump and Greene share many views. IMO Trump and his followers such as Greene will retain a strong position within the GOP in parts of the country like Georgia's 14th for several years to come.

As to Committee assignments, her background as a owner of a small building construction operation should qualify her for something.

Not what I read. I read the cop banged on her door as she was in HER office and told her where to go (another building) and to evacuate so THEN she went to Porter’s office. USA Today article. This isn’t a story that should be hard to sort out.

Regardless she’s an attention whore.

You are going to make him cry.

Wasn't she handed her business from her parents? Doesn't actually make her an expert.

Maybe on the council for toilet maintenance

You are going to make him cry.
I saw that AOC has now called Mace disgusting lol. I love that their offices are just two doors apart. Polar opposite people. This Mace is quite a person. First woman to graduate from the Citadel. Her positions on issues in the Palmetto State are interesting too. I’ve spent a fair amount of time at the Citadel. Can’t imagine going through that as a man much less a woman. Tough cookie.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Wasn't she handed her business from her parents? Doesn't actually make her an expert.

Maybe on the council for toilet maintenance

According to Wikipedia, Greene and her husband bought the company from Greene's father in 2002.

Heck, keeping a construction company afloat since 2002 takes some talent in my book. I know a few folks who are competent in their careers and business operations who come up with some wacky conspiracy and political thinking from time to time. I don't argue with them, but might ask where they discovered their information. Internet is usually the source, or a friend on social media.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Free speech isn't without its limitations already. For example, a person can get in trouble for yelling fire in a crowded movie theater (if we get back to having crowded movie theaters). Libel/slander laws could use some work.

I would think they could come up with ways to punish media companies for knowingly spreading lies. Maybe not the specific employee that is doing so but make it so it would be untenable for the media station to keep them on staff.

For example, a person can have their free speech, but have their megaphone taken away (tv/radio/etc). Similar to twitter cutting people off on their own or amazon cutting off parler for lack of moderation.
Well it might just be the lawyers who come to the rescue. Not all heroes wear capes I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT