ADVERTISEMENT

What life with pot looks like in a country where it’s been basically legal for 40 years....

I will go to one of those someday. Hopefully I win a cup.. vbg

Ohio is voting.. only they set it up so only 10 places, all owned by the same person, can grow it. What a bunch of crap. Corporate assholes are going to ruin this too.. and when Monsanto gets ahold of it....

Ultimately, all I would care about is if I could grow at home. It's fun and easy to grow. With a few friends growing as well, you would have plenty to share and taste. The big business side would be irrelevant.

Reactions: biglewexpress
Ultimately, all I would care about is if I could grow at home. It's fun and easy to grow. With a few friends growing as well, you would have plenty to share and taste. The big business side would be irrelevant.
Growing at home would be great but it would also be nice to make a small business of it. Especially breeding new strains.

Growing at home would be great but it would also be nice to make a small business of it. Especially breeding new strains.
If I was single and living in the US, I would be in Colorado working in the Cannabis trade.

There is no doubt about it. I would actually prefer the medicinal side, because of the obvious benefits for patients and the amazing strains being developed for various health problems.

My favorite parts of the doc/shows about the dispensaries are when they talk about the various benefits for certain ailments. Helping develop new strains to help different ailments would be pretty interesting, although above my science knowledge.

I would have to be a lunch pale guy.

Ohio is voting.. only they set it up so only 10 places, all owned by the same person, can grow it. What a bunch of crap. Corporate assholes are going to ruin this too.. and when Monsanto gets ahold of it....[/QUOTE]

I am voting against Issue 3, as they are calling it. So far about only 20 of the 50 odd investors in ResponsibleOhio are known. Among them are Oscar Robertson and Nick Lachey. Kinda curious who those other people are.

While I am obviously legislation, this isn't the way to go about it.

If I was single and living in the US, I would be in Colorado working in the Cannabis trade.

There is no doubt about it. I would actually prefer the medicinal side, because of the obvious benefits for patients and the amazing strains being developed for various health problems.

My favorite parts of the doc/shows about the dispensaries are when they talk about the various benefits for certain ailments. Helping develop new strains to help different ailments would be pretty interesting, although above my science knowledge.

It's a very odd plant. A friend crossed a Mango with a Bubblegum hoping to get a Mango bubblegum. It came out something completely different, Smells like a urinal cake and has a severely uppity headband buzz I dislike, like a Green Crack or Willie's. Neither parent had anything close to those traits, they were both mellow body buzz couch locks. Breeding is a lot of hit and miss and mostly luck. Remember, OG Kush, Chemdawg, and the Diesels were from bag seed, all accidents. As was Gorilla Glue.

It's a very odd plant. A friend crossed a Mango with a Bubblegum hoping to get a Mango bubblegum. It came out something completely different, Smells like a urinal cake and has a severely uppity headband buzz I dislike, like a Green Crack or Willie's. Neither parent had anything close to those traits, they were both mellow body buzz couch locks. Breeding is a lot of hit and miss and mostly luck. Remember, OG Kush, Chemdawg, and the Diesels were from bag seed, all accidents. As was Gorilla Glue.

Probably why pharma hates it so much. can't figure it out and make a big profit at the patients expense.

Maybe there is a god and he hates big business. That would be a god I could support. You know, the one that cares for the poor and sick. The anti religious right god.

I will go to one of those someday. Hopefully I win a cup.. vbg

Ohio is voting.. only they set it up so only 10 places, all owned by the same person, can grow it. What a bunch of crap. Corporate assholes are going to ruin this too.. and when Monsanto gets ahold of it....

You can still grow your own. Every state is going to end up with a slightly different model. A lot of states still fully control the sale of booze, via ABC stores, etc...anything is an improvement over the status quo.

I think that's the best part about the whole thing...the names...

Wild Thai Ryder
Yellow Amnesia
Desert Dragon Kush
Sherry Berry Chocolate
ForumGSC
Rollex OG Kush
Beast Mode
Griselda Blanco
OG Vizcarra
Boggle Dragon
Nitro OG
Terpzilla
Dablegum
Zantastic Double Up OG
Domo OG
Wild Cherry OG
Fuzzy Sugaree
NorCal Black Lime
Psychosis Cheese
Dragon Berry Cheddar
Sensi Kush

Coming up with new strain names would be half the fun...

Wild Thai Ryder
Yellow Amnesia
Desert Dragon Kush
Sherry Berry Chocolate
ForumGSC
Rollex OG Kush
Beast Mode
Griselda Blanco
OG Vizcarra
Boggle Dragon
Nitro OG
Terpzilla
Dablegum
Zantastic Double Up OG
Domo OG
Wild Cherry OG
Fuzzy Sugaree
NorCal Black Lime
Psychosis Cheese
Dragon Berry Cheddar
Sensi Kush

My favorites that I've actually tried.

Alaska Thunder F**K - meh. I heard of this stuff in the 80's it wasn't that great.

Bacon Primer Kush - smelled of stale ham, tasted like stale ham, and it was f*cking gross. It's another example of the above. The guy mixed a Juicy Fruit with a Granddaddy Purps, should have came out tasting like candy, came out reeking like stale ham..

Luke Skywalker - it was disappointing, which is perfect.

George W Kush - sucked. Again, perfect.

I have a friend that just left his very cushy job in the finance industry to be the economic business developer for a pot company in colorado...
Every day I ask him if he needs a director of sales

Heading to the Amsterdam in a couple weeks. I plan on visiting Barneys, Greenhouse, Grey Area, Abraxas, and probably Dampring II. First stop is Greenhouse for the super lemon haze, super silver, and something on the indica side that's tbd. My last visit
Flowerbomb Kush at Greenhouse, because you'll get it nowhere else.

Reactions: The Vid

When you are a clone grower you will end up with certain genotypes/phenotypes from certain strains. One cut of a certain strain could be different from anthother cut of the same plant due to the genetics of that plant. Which is why you only get certain phenotypes by clone growing. The only way to ensure you a certain particular strain is to grow from seed and not clone, if you let a good plant go longer it will create seed to help protect it "legacy" so to speak.

When you are a clone grower you will end up with certain genotypes/phenotypes from certain strains. One cut of a certain strain could be different from anthother cut of the same plant due to the genetics of that plant. Which is why you only get certain phenotypes by clone growing. The only way to ensure you a certain particular strain is to grow from seed and not clone, if you let a good plant go longer it will create seed to help protect it "legacy" so to speak.

Yup just like breeding rabbits .. it's an F-1 so it's basically stable in it's traits.

Wild Thai Ryder
Yellow Amnesia
Desert Dragon Kush
Sherry Berry Chocolate
ForumGSC
Rollex OG Kush
Beast Mode
Griselda Blanco
OG Vizcarra
Boggle Dragon
Nitro OG
Terpzilla
Dablegum
Zantastic Double Up OG
Domo OG
Wild Cherry OG
Fuzzy Sugaree
NorCal Black Lime
Psychosis Cheese
Dragon Berry Cheddar
Sensi Kush

I think my first Hillbilly strain would simply be called " Dadgummit"

Only losers smoke pot.
Bill Gates. Steve Jobs. Wozniak. Paul Allen, George W Bush. Obama. Carl Sagan. Harrison Ford. 80% of all basketball players. Shakespeare. Rick Steves. Hugh Hefner. Phil Jackson. Michael Phelps. Tom Brokaw. Ted Turner. LeBron James. George Soros. Bill Clinton. Oprah. Richard Branson.

Yup, losers all ....

God you're stupid ..

Bill Gates. Steve Jobs. Wozniak. Paul Allen, George W Bush. Obama. Carl Sagan. Harrison Ford. 80% of all basketball players. Shakespeare. Rick Steves. Hugh Hefner. Phil Jackson. Michael Phelps. Tom Brokaw. Ted Turner. LeBron James. George Soros. Bill Clinton. Oprah. Richard Branson.

Yup, losers all ....

God you're stupid ..

You left off:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
Zachary Taylor
Franklin Pierce
JFK
Bill Clinton
George W Bush
Barack Obama

Or is he anti American

What if I smoked pot WHILE I played golf? Hypothetically of course.

Rick Steves? How'd you come by that knowledge? Arcane.

It was a joke, although golf is a bigger plague then marijuana.

I don't get the Steves statement.

Golf is a bigger plague than WEED. Golf is an environmentally disastrous sport, particularly in the west.

Frankly, you are a total asshole if you play golf in places like Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and California.

Golf is a bigger plague than WEED. Golf is an environmentally disastrous sport, particularly in the west.

Frankly, you are a total asshole if you play golf in places like Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and California.

And don't forget that Monsanto loves golf courses, which makes it even worse.

It was a joke, although golf is a bigger plague then marijuana.

I don't get the Steves statement.

So was my comment. I just thought looking at the list of world and industry leaders, Steves inclusion was a bit of an outlier, unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy: Travel show host? Love his program, but he doesn't quite seem in the company of Presidents and Shakespeare.

Spit-roasting! Ha!

McNuttz, assuming he is not the greatest troll ever, is a naïve person. He actually assumes people in the 1970s didn't smoke weed. It is inconceivable that someone he liked could smoke pot.

Spit-roasting! Ha!

McNuttz, assuming he is not the greatest troll ever, is a naïve person. He actually assumes people in the 1970s didn't smoke weed. It is inconceivable that someone he liked could smoke pot.

Hell....don't tell him Lee Corso smoked pot.

McBalls may off himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT