ADVERTISEMENT

What brands are you loyal to/prefer most?

I prefer/only play Titleist golf clubs, wear nike shoes/athletic gear, and am loyal to BMW's.

On a lesser scale, I only use Crest toothpaste and Q-tip brand Q tips

Axe (Dry) deodorant
Crest (Pro Health) toothpaste
Ford vehicles
FootJoy golf shoes
Callaway irons, wedges, & putters (Odyssey); will probably switch to the XR16 driver & 3-wood
Tito's vodka
Jack Daniel's whiskey
Coke (don't drink it much anymore though)
Altoids mints
Cutco knives
Tide laundry detergent
Apple iPhone
Charmin
Marriott (mostly due to status)

c26-B004X96JQI-1-l.jpg

Blasphemy.

Charmin, you dirty slut.

Reactions: Capitol Hoosier
Adidas (seriously), Lexus and big green egg smoker plus accessories, HP printers (their computers suck), Playstation (and 2K sports games), & Mitchum deodorant.

Lexus could be exchanged with Toyota- same brand essentially. I drive too damn much to rely on an unreliable American brand car.

It's not the 1980s anymore.

Wake up.

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
Axe (Dry) deodorant
Crest (Pro Health) toothpaste
Ford vehicles
FootJoy golf shoes
Callaway irons, wedges, & putters (Odyssey); will probably switch to the XR16 driver & 3-wood
Tito's vodka
Jack Daniel's whiskey
Coke (don't drink it much anymore though)
Altoids mints
Cutco knives
Tide laundry detergent
Apple iPhone
Charmin
Marriott (mostly due to status)

You are one particular son of a bitch.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: C-$
Charmin (blue package)
Bridgestone golf balls
Ping clubs
Evan Williams bourbon

after that i really don't give a phack

Charmin (blue package)
Bridgestone golf balls
Ping clubs
Evan Williams bourbon

after that i really don't give a phack
I do really like Brodgestones, but I'm not as picky with my golf ball brand as long as it's not something chitty like Top Rock, Nike, etc. Titleist and Bridgestone are both solid

Titleist golf balls
Gatorade sports drink
Ludens cherry cough drops
Crest toothpaste
Rand-McNally Atlas
Motion offense
Man defense

I prefer/only play Titleist golf clubs, wear nike shoes/athletic gear, and am loyal to BMW's.

On a lesser scale, I only use Crest toothpaste and Q-tip brand Q tips

I am loyal to the following: FootJoy golf shoes, Precept Laddie golf balls, Chrysler or Dodge minivans, Crest tooth paste, Banana Boat sun screen, Edge shaving cream, Speed Stick deodorant and Ice Mountain bottled water.

Reactions: OldChargey and C-$
Convenience. Poor families use a LOT of PB. Making it from scratch can get tiresome.
We don't eat a lot of it, but it's exponentially better than anything in a jar. It's so easy that kids can make it. 1 to 3 ingredients. If we don't make it, we have it made at the Co-op. Jar peanut butter is beyond disgusting.

Threadjack. This is really good.

Also, made some Tiramisu for dessert, which we just ate. When combined with a few bowls of Bubba Kush .. it's freaking amazing.

Brand loyalty is always dumb, because it means you're a consumerist slave, but it's especially dumb when it comes to food and drink, and other consumables. Sure, there are a few unique products when "secret" recipes are involved, like the various colas, but for the most part, different brands are all identical. Remember when those bagged salads got recalled because of listeria? That was a single Dole processing plant that affected six different brands, including Kroger's two store brands (regular and organic) and Aldi's store brand. In other words, the Kroger "Fresh Selection" bagged salad that is sitting right next to the Dole salad, and sells for a dollar less? They are not only identical, but they come from the same packaging plant. Anyone paying extra for the Dole is an idiot.

This is the case with the vast majority of food and drink products, as well as many basic hygiene products, like toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, etc. The cheap brands are actually just the name brands, put in a different container, and marketed to cheap people.

Reactions: cryano
We don't eat a lot of it, but it's exponentially better than anything in a jar. It's so easy that kids can make it. 1 to 3 ingredients. If we don't make it, we have it made at the Co-op. Jar peanut butter is beyond disgusting.

Threadjack. This is really good.

Also, made some Tiramisu for dessert, which we just ate. When combined with a few bowls of Bubba Kush .. it's freaking amazing.
I love fresh homemade peanut butter, but I also like creamy Jif. Not because it's just as good - objectively, it's not - but because of nostalgia. It's the same reason I only eat peanut butter with grape jelly and white bread. I know there are other options that would be more interesting and tastier, but I eat PBJ the way I do because it reminds me of being a kid, not because I'm in the mood for gourmet sandwiches.

I love fresh homemade peanut butter, but I also like creamy Jif. Not because it's just as good - objectively, it's not - but because of nostalgia. It's the same reason I only eat peanut butter with grape jelly and white bread. I know there are other options that would be more interesting and tastier, but I eat PBJ the way I do because it reminds me of being a kid, not because I'm in the mood for gourmet sandwiches.

I generally make cashew or almond butter. The kid loves the stuff. fwiw she's never had (or very rarely had) store bought PB, jam or jelly. Spoiled....

Brand loyalty is always dumb, because it means you're a consumerist slave, but it's especially dumb when it comes to food and drink, and other consumables. Sure, there are a few unique products when "secret" recipes are involved, like the various colas, but for the most part, different brands are all identical. Remember when those bagged salads got recalled because of listeria? That was a single Dole processing plant that affected six different brands, including Kroger's two store brands (regular and organic) and Aldi's store brand. In other words, the Kroger "Fresh Selection" bagged salad that is sitting right next to the Dole salad, and sells for a dollar less? They are not only identical, but they come from the same packaging plant. Anyone paying extra for the Dole is an idiot.

This is the case with the vast majority of food and drink products, as well as many basic hygiene products, like toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, etc. The cheap brands are actually just the name brands, put in a different container, and marketed to cheap people.
I agree with most of that except for things that are crafted, like Martin Guitars. If manufactured yes, it's just silly. Sure some of their guitars are manufactured, but the high end ones are still crafted.

I could buy a Sigma, but they just don't have the slick action and resonance that a hand set Martin does. But nothing does.

I generally make cashew or almond butter. The kid loves the stuff. fwiw she's never had (or very rarely had) store bought PB, jam or jelly. Spoiled....

Smart. The more one avoids the processed junk on American store shelves, the better. It also teaches your child to value quality in their food, and learn to enjoy the process of making it as well. I don't practice what I preach any more, however. Fell victim to the easy, convenient ways.

I agree with most of that except for things that are crafted, like Martin Guitars. If manufactured yes, it's just silly. Sure some of their guitars are manufactured, but the high end ones are still crafted.

I could buy a Sigma, but they just don't have the slick action and resonance that a hand set Martin does. But nothing does.
Yeah, I wouldn't call a guitar a "consumable."

Basically, the stuff that's found on the grocery side of your local superstore. Almost always buy generic in that section.

Crunchy peanut butter, only! Creamy is equvilant to gumming a Geodck!

And my new fond love of zucchini raspberry jam, Amish made of course.

Personally I can't believe people eat store bought peanut butter. Peanut butter takes less than 15 minutes to make in a food processor. Why would anyone buy it?
I like Jiff. And I am sure me and millions of people would prefer it to your homemade stuff. You have no brand. Why are you here? Go away.

Reactions: mk_peters
Took me two days to think of something.

Pampers. We've tried Huggies, Luvs and generic for our newborn and Pampers are definitely worth the extra few cents per diaper.

Geoduck? An obscenely large clam?

I still don't get it.

Help me out. Pretend I'm stupid.

God, I just love you, bless your heart.

I was just thinking earlier how someone could say "Yes" and you could twist it to some rationalization of how they really meant No. I'm not saying you are the king of it, but hands down you are very good at it.

*** I didn't specifically say yes and you didn't say no. It was an example so to speak.

(Thought to self- self , why did you reply to this?)

God, I just love you, bless your heart.

I was just thinking earlier how someone could say "Yes" and you could twist it to some rationalization of how they really meant No. I'm not saying you are the king of it, but hands down you are very good at it.

*** I didn't specifically say yes and you didn't say no. It was an example so to speak.

(Thought to self- self , why did you reply to this?)
Wow. You think I'm engaging in some brilliant Machiavellian debate strategy, when the honest truth is, I'm just genuinely confused.

Wow. You think I'm engaging in some brilliant Machiavellian debate strategy, when the honest truth is, I'm just genuinely confused.

Easy'nough, creamy peanut butter is slimy.

And I really need to go research this machavallian thing. And I'm not sending any nuanced meaning I don't get it.

Easy'nough, creamy peanut butter is slimy.

And I really need to go research this machavallian thing. And I'm not sending any nuanced meaning I don't get it.
Like I said to...TMP? Whatever the f*** his name is over here...I eat creamy Jif on white bread with cheap grape jelly for the nostalgia, not because it's the best way to enjoy peanut butter. It's one of those things that reminds me of being young.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT