ADVERTISEMENT

What a complete joke of a program

Ok so maybe not zero wins but season over, one more win maybe, and Northwestern was last game of the season were all said and just as idiotic.
It took an epic collapse by Michigan in order for us to potentially get into the tournament. They weren’t far off. I fully expected to beat Maryland, Minnesota, and Rutgers down the stretch.

It took an epic collapse by Michigan in order for us to potentially get into the tournament. They weren’t far off. I fully expected to beat Maryland, Minnesota, and Rutgers down the stretch.
It took a great second half by us and we might have been in the tournament anyway. So 3 wins and several incredibly close losses to good teams is close to “season over”, “maybe 1 win” and “Northwestern was last game of season”?

This is why I say there is no real discussion with you. Even today all you want to talk about is Michigan collapsed. Zero chance you are a real IU fan.

So IU’s defense with block shots and steals had nothing to do with it? I suppose it was Michigan dribbling the ball off their foot resulting in turnovers that was the case. You make it sound as if IU got lucky that Michigan all but threw the game away while IU played just average defense.

So IU’s defense with block shots and steals had nothing to do with it? I suppose it was Michigan dribbling the ball off their foot resulting in turnovers that was the case. You make it sound as if IU got lucky that Michigan all but threw the game away while IU played just average defense.
It was a combination of both.

• Haha
Reactions: jimmygoiu
Players should transfer if they want good coaching and/or play in the NCAA tournament. Follow the lead of Franklin and Durham who will get a chance to play in the big dance next week.

Or they can stay at IU and get blamed by the fanbase for everything.
Franklin likely to be sitting home if they don't beat UNC, isn't that right?

It took a great second half by us and we might have been in the tournament anyway. So 3 wins and several incredibly close losses to good teams is close to “season over”, “maybe 1 win” and “Northwestern was last game of season”?

This is why I say there is no real discussion with you. Even today all you want to talk about is Michigan collapsed. Zero chance you are a real IU fan.
We were down 17. If you came away thinking we played great today, you are clueless. This team is famous for being a “tale of two halves” team. Generally it’s a bad second half though, so that’s different.

What were your predictions heading into the season?

• Haha
You clearly don’t remember my posts. I spent the entire off-season arguing with Ordy alongside you. I’m just not going to blindly support mediocre results like I did under Archie and most of Crean’s tenure.
I don't remember all of them, apparently. I just reviewed some of your posts and I didn't see those, but I have no reason not to believe you. Giving up on Woodson this soon makes no sense at all. The team apparently hasn't given up on him and neither should we. Besides, he's definitely not going to be fired (nor should he be) even if some of our more rabid and irrational Negative Nancies are already talking about that sort of nonsense.

It was a combination of both.
Okay, but TJD’s 17 point second half was a big factor. In other words, IU’s offense was also much better. It was the tail of two half’s and IU had a better 2nd half than Michigan’s 1st half.

Reactions: TomEric4756
I don't remember all of them, apparently. I just reviewed some of your posts and I didn't see those, but I have no reason not to believe you. Giving up on Woodson this soon makes no sense at all. The team apparently hasn't given up on him and neither should we. Besides, he's definitely not going to be fired (nor should he be) even if some of our more rabid and irrational Negative Nancies are already talking about that sort of nonsense.
I have given up on him. He does some really stupid things (like 5 subs on the floor at the same time). Also listening only to his NBA consultants is very dumb.

He’s 64. He doesn’t have time to learn the college game, and IU is not a place where you learn how to coach the college game.

I don’t think he will be fired. I think he should be fired after next year when we are a very bad team.

Okay, but TJD’s 17 point second half was a big factor. In other words, IU’s offense was also much better. It was the tail of two half’s and IU had a better 2nd half than Michigan’s 1st half.
Yep, TJD played well in the second half.

• Haha
We were down 17. If you came away thinking we played great today, you are clueless. This team is famous for being a “tale of two halves” team. Generally it’s a bad second half though, so that’s different.

What were your predictions heading into the season?
I don’t really remember if I made any exact predictions. To start the season My expectations were higher that at the start of the Big Ten season. I would say I figured just on the top half of the Big to start the year (6th or 7th). Unfortunately after watching the preseason I realized we actually had imo significantly worse players at the 2/3 spots than last year and figured we would be a bubble team.

Being honest I was kinda shocked that neither Kopp or Stewart could match the 12 ppg we had at both the 2 and 3 spots last year. Kopp seems to be playing better now though and we need it to continue.

I don’t really remember if I made any exact predictions. To start the season My expectations were higher that at the start of the Big Ten season. I would say I figured just on the top half of the Big to start the year (6th or 7th). Unfortunately after watching the preseason I realized we actually had imo significantly worse players at the 2/3 spots than last year and figured we would be a bubble team.

Being honest I was kinda shocked that neither Kopp or Stewart could match the 12 ppg we had at both the 2 and 3 spots last year. Kopp seems to be playing better now though and we need it to continue.
Lol we had 1 loss going into Big Ten play and they were each averaging around 8ppg. One of those 11 ppg from Franklin and Durham were replaced by XJ.

• Haha
I have given up on him. He does some really stupid things (like 5 subs on the floor at the same time). Also listening only to his NBA consultants is very dumb.

He’s 64. He doesn’t have time to learn the college game, and IU is not a place where you learn how to coach the college game.

I don’t think he will be fired. I think he should be fired after next year when we are a very bad team.
You’re crusin for a brusin coming here to bitch after a win like this. How many times has IU been blown out? They’ve had multiple close games against the top teams in the conference. If XJ comes back I think IU will ruin your 2023 by being better. Be careful for being a fool look at the shit edubs Is getting for looking like a fool. Unless you are edubs!

Lol we had 1 loss going into Big Ten play and they were each averaging around 8ppg. One of those 11 ppg from Franklin and Durham were replaced by XJ.
Ok. So you are what? Arguing my expectations shouldn’t have lowered? What the hell dipshit? I saw what I saw. At the time I didn’t think X was a huge upgrade over Rob (turned out to be wrong) and I thought then and STILL think that Kopp and Stewart aren’t half the players that Franklin and Durham were.

Ok. So you are what? Arguing my expectations shouldn’t have lowered? What the hell dipshit? I saw what I saw. At the time I didn’t think X was a huge upgrade over Rob (turned out to be wrong) and I thought then and STILL think that Kopp and Stewart aren’t half the players that Franklin and Durham were.
Kopp plays defense. Had the best defensive effort of any player on the floor today. He doesn’t get enough credit for that.

Kopp plays defense. Had the best defensive effort of any player on the floor today. He doesn’t get enough credit for that.
Agreed. We need him to keep it up. If he plays like he did today and our effort, pace and defensive intensity comes close to the second half today we are tough to beat.

You’re crusin for a brusin coming here to bitch after a win like this. How many times has IU been blown out? They’ve had multiple close games against the top teams in the conference. If XJ comes back I think IU will ruin your 2023 by being better. Be careful for being a fool look at the shit edubs Is getting for looking like a fool. Unless you are edubs!
Do I care what others here think? We have been really poor this season. We are losing TJD, Race, Stewart, and Kopp at least. Losing 4/5 of your starting lineup is never good. Losing that from a bad team is really not good.

I’m sure you will have some excuse when 2023 is another down year.

• Haha
This team should have been at the very least top 6 and easily in the tournament. We are lucky this is a down year and MIGHT slip into a 1st 4 game.

Relax man

Reactions: Harry Hondo
XJ brings something that hasn’t been here since IU last made the tourney. A good PG that is the straw that stirs the drink. When he plays great the offense gets going. Fortunately, you saw with Stewart on the bench that Galloway and Geronimo were more than sufficient in helping out this team. This team is a lot better than last years team.

Do I care what others here think? We have been really poor this season. We are losing TJD, Race, Stewart, and Kopp at least. Losing 4/5 of your starting lineup is never good. Losing that from a bad team is really not good.

Race has said publicly that he hasn’t decided on whether he was coming back. And TJD hasn’t either. Losing Stewart and Kopp won’t hurt a bit.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You’re a ****ing moron. I seriously can’t believe how dumb you are. Did you watch the game?

Reactions: Al Bino

You don't even make sense. If we've been really poor, why is losing the starters bad. College players develop. Have you heard of Victor Oladipo or Johnnie Davis?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
This team should have been at the very least top 6 and easily in the tournament. We are lucky this is a down year and MIGHT slip into a 1st 4 game.
Ok whatever man. I am blocking you. Before I do I apologize for calling you a dipshit. Uncalled for and immature by me. But you are the definition of a troll and clearly not really a fan of IU. You asked me what I considered a legitimate question and despite your history I tried to answer you truthfully and thoroughly what my expectations were and how they changed. Instead of having a discussion or conversation you laugh and argue about MY expectations. Hopefully you grow into someone who can have meaningful interactions with others both online and in life. Good luck.

You don't even make sense. If we've been really poor, why is losing the starters bad. College players develop. Have you heard of Victor Oladipo or Johnnie Davis?
Because the only players making this an average team, and not an abysmal team are leaving next year (sans XJ).

The only player on our roster capable of pulling an Oladipo or Davis is Bates, and he will likely transfer due to lack of playing time.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
XJ brings something that hasn’t been here since IU last made the tourney. A good PG that is the straw that stirs the drink. When he plays great the offense gets going. Fortunately, you saw with Stewart on the bench that Galloway and Geronimo were more than sufficient in helping out this team. This team is a lot better than last years team.
We actually have one of the best, if not the best, PGs in the conference right now. We're going to give Illinois a game tomorrow, folks.

Ok whatever man. I am blocking you. Before I do I apologize for calling you a dipshit. Uncalled for and immature by me. But you are the definition of a troll and clearly not really a fan of IU. You asked me what I considered a legitimate question and despite your history I tried to answer you truthfully and thoroughly what my expectations were and how they changed. Instead of having a discussion or conversation you laugh and argue about MY expectations. Hopefully you grow into someone who can have meaningful interactions with others both online and in life. Good luck.
Lol no, I’m just an IU fan that actually cares about us not being mediocre. You and the others are treating the basketball program now how the football program gets treated. Doesn’t matter the results, you will still support and not question the coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Lol no, I’m just an IU fan that actually cares about us not being mediocre. You and the others are treating the basketball program now how the football program gets treated. Doesn’t matter the results, you will still support and not question the coach.
We're playing tomorrow. Go away.

Reactions: Al Bino
Because the only players making this an average team, and not an abysmal team are leaving next year (sans XJ).

The only player on our roster capable of pulling an Oladipo or Davis is Bates, and he will likely transfer due to lack of playing time.
ignore. you gone

ignore. you gone
You started posts on both this board and Peegs, about the team’s play, and now you are going all holier than thou. At least my opinion on the team doesn’t change based off 1 game (or 1 half actually). GFY.

You expect this collection of players, with no legitimate perimeter shooters, to be finishing top 4 in the conference? Can you wait for Woodson to get better talent that can shoot? Archie’s big downfall was his lack of being able to recruit the players needed to compete wit the top tier of the conference.

I disagree with just about all that you posted. It’s rare that he has five subs in at the same time and most of the time someone says that after a game it never happened. There is no evidence he doesn’t listen to his assistant coaches. You assert that often, but it’s not supported by any evidence at all. Assertions aren’t evidence.

I disagree with just about all that you posted. It’s rare that he has five subs in at the same time and most of the time someone says that after a game it never happened. There is no evidence he doesn’t listen to his assistant coaches. You assert that often, but it’s not supported by any evidence at all. Assertions aren’t evidence.
Yeah I think Woodson did it in a few preseason games but I don’t remember the last time he had 5 subs in at once.

You expect this collection of players, with no legitimate perimeter shooters, to be finishing top 4 in the conference? Can you wait for Woodson to get better talent that can shoot? Archie’s big downfall was his lack of being able to recruit the players needed to compete wit the top tier of the conference.
Stewart, Kopp, XJ, and Bates are all legitimate perimeter shooters.

He has no shooters in the pipeline sans Gabe Cupps, who isn’t an immediate impact player.

JHS is a great prospect and will do well here immediately (unless Woodson buries him on the bench like Bates), but he shoots 27% in high school from 3.

Banks will be a solid 4 year player, but can’t be relied upon to be a shooter for us next year.

Gunn is just a lowly ranked guard that is no different than any we had during Archie (oh wait, he’s an Archie recruit….). He only shoots 37% in high school. Could be solid as a Junior or Senior in a role player type role.

Newton is a good prospect, but not known as a shooter.

Yeah, I think if you polled most outside observers they’d think Woodson is doing just fine and has a good chance to turn this program around. IU doesn’t go into games against good teams, even on the road as of late, and get dominated. In fact, they have a very good shot to win. Ask Purdue and OSU. You just can’t make up your mind on a coach after one season, unless they don’t compete at all.

He plays literally every game where there is enough players with all subs on the floor together. Basically any time Durr is in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT