ADVERTISEMENT

What’s up with our pitching?

Bucket Getter

Senior
Apr 9, 2023
Lack of talent? Too young? Not getting great coaching? Seriously, what’s going on here? I know most predicted some early season growing pains and hoped our offense could keep us afloat while some guys separated themselves from the pack, but this doesn’t look very promising at all. Anyone got any thoughts about what we’ve seen so far?

Lack of talent? Too young? Not getting great coaching? Seriously, what’s going on here? I know most predicted some early season growing pains and hoped our offense could keep us afloat while some guys separated themselves from the pack, but this doesn’t look very promising at all. Anyone got any thoughts about what we’ve seen so far?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on with that. All of the talk that we have a pitching staff with quality depth is sure looking questionable at this point of the season. I wonder what's up with Ben Grable since we have not seen him on the mound so far this season. We were all glad to see Holderfield back after missing last season, but he's been horrible on the mound so far and gave up five runs with no outs against Troy and has an ERA north of 30.00.

The sheer number of walks and hit batsmen is really surprising..control issues and plagued by inconsistencies.
..immaturity?

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I thought from the beginning of the season this pitching roster would struggle, but they have been horrific!. Better figure it out fast because no offense will out weigh the bad pitching we have encountered thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT