ADVERTISEMENT

Weren't you investment gurus saying DJT is a bad investment?

Yes, nothing like long term investing in stocks with a good track record.
Not much of a track record for a stock that's only been in existence for a few weeks.

Still creating $4 Billion out of nothing is pretty impressive.

I wouldn't invest in it myself, but many were saying what a dog the stock would be. Turns out, there's some life in it.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Not much of a track record for a stock that's only been in existence for a few weeks.
Yeah, I was joking. Talking about whether it's up or down short term made me laugh a little. Can cherry pick anything for that.

I'm not a 'long track record' , or 'buy blue chips' believer anyway. Analyze something, and if you found real value, it's value, even if you're only in it a short while.

A company with $4M in total revenue selling for $5-6B market cap. What could possibly go wrong?

Makes the Pets.com IPO look reasonable.

A company with $4M in total revenue selling for $5-6B market cap. What could possibly go wrong?

Makes the Pets.com IPO look reasonable.
A company that has lost close to $60 million in its short existence.

I recommend you invest. You’re supposed to invest in what you believe in. Go for it.
Seriously, don’t take this advice @DANC. Save that money for…….

Money Bitcoin GIF by Empirex_capital

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Yes, nothing like long term investing in stocks with a good track record.
True but it's fun to gamble sometimes. I remember when Facebook went public. The IPO price was $38 if I recall correctly but it wasn't too long after that is was in the $15-$20 range and I was so tempted to buy a lot of it but didn't. I really thought it had a lot of potential but there was the gambling aspect that I couldn't overcome. Now it's up towards $500/share .

True but it's fun to gamble sometimes. I remember when Facebook went public. The IPO price was $38 if I recall correctly but it wasn't too long after that is was in the $15-$20 range and I was so tempted to buy a lot of it but didn't. I really thought it had a lot of potential but there was the gambling aspect that I couldn't overcome. Now it's up towards $500/share .
:D

Yeah, well, I thought bitcoin was overpriced around $500-$600 because other crypto could easily become an alternative. Told my Dad only the miners would do well with it. So he and I didn't buy any, back in 2014. LOL

I'm thinking maybe my lesson learned is that I have a blind spot toward the value of 'network effect'.

Reactions: DANC
Seriously, don’t take this advice @DANC. Save that money for…….

Money Bitcoin GIF by Empirex_capital
I don't really manage my investments directly anymore. Now that I don't have any real income outside investments, I let the professionals manage them.

I may play around on Robinhood - stuff I don't tell my wife about until tax day, since she does our taxes, but it's just funny money.

Many cases of IPO stocks shooting up before they settle into a level.

Many rookie investors don't understand this.
LOL

You're the only DANC who considers losing value as settling. I bought Apple when they announced iTunes for the Windows. Did I do ok?

Oh my. Up almost 8% today.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DJT/chart#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

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT