ADVERTISEMENT

Went To The Senior PGA Yesterday

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
The course had awesome views from the tops of the mountains, but walking it was not great fun.

The roads the busses used were inadequate.

Watching old guys hit it better than I ever could was depressing.

Porta-Potties always suck, and worse when its hot.

Had a great day.

The course had awesome views from the tops of the mountains, but walking it was not great fun.

Had a great day.

Can it host a PGA or US Open?

I know that was the goal when it was built, but due to location I just can't see it.

Too far away from enough hotel rooms.

I'm sure the course is plenty nice enough.

Had a great day.
My parents walked the course Thurs during the tourney. They said it was a nice layout. Didnt talk about the roads.

Can it host a PGA or US Open?

I know that was the goal when it was built, but due to location I just can't see it.

Too far away from enough hotel rooms.

I'm sure the course is plenty nice enough.

I don't think so.

The course is adequate, but the roads that feed the airport (parking) and where the busses let you off at the course couldn't handle the busses.

And the roads from anywhere to French Lick are pretty rustic.

Not enough infrastructure to host a regular event. I play there a couple of times a year & the course is definitely good enough to host a major, I think nicer than Valhalla. It plays 8100 yds from the tips including a 305 yd par 3. Talked to Pete Dye about it my first trip up there & even he said it's crazy hard from the back tees.

Last edited:
It did show great, & it truly is in perfect condition every time I've been there. The practice It's expensive, but would recommend it if you can swing it. They have some decent packages including hotel & rounds at the Donald Ross course which is also fabulous. Ask for Whitey to be your fore caddie if you ever play there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT