ADVERTISEMENT

Well, here's a strange report of a grad transfer to IU........

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
iubase.com twitter and his twitter page say Collin Hopkins, a 6'0" 190 lbs C from WKU is transferring to IU for his final season. Brother of Brysen, Purdue's TE. Here's the strange part: hit .206 in 2019 with 0 HRs in 68 ABs.

Now....I have heard that Holtz, last year's freshman C from WIS, is leaving IU. I haven't mentioned it to this point because I haven't seen any confirmation anywhere. The only thing that I can figure is that the report may be true and that they want to red shirt the Voth kid from California, and that they want to look at this kid as the back-up.

BTW, the iubase.com twitter page does an excellent job of keeping up with IU recruiting and the summer exploits of our HS/JC recruits and former IU players in the Pros.............

Reactions: ptrich
Holtz came in with an impressive resume- was hoping to see him behind the dish this year - hope he stays...curious what Mercer & staff see in Hopkins considering last years stats....?

iubase.com twitter and his twitter page say Collin Hopkins, a 6'0" 190 lbs C from WKU is transferring to IU for his final season. Brother of Brysen, Purdue's TE. Here's the strange part: hit .206 in 2019 with 0 HRs in 68 ABs.

Now....I have heard that Holtz, last year's freshman C from WIS, is leaving IU. I haven't mentioned it to this point because I haven't seen any confirmation anywhere. The only thing that I can figure is that the report may be true and that they want to red shirt the Voth kid from California, and that they want to look at this kid as the back-up.

BTW, the iubase.com twitter page does an excellent job of keeping up with IU recruiting and the summer exploits of our HS/JC recruits and former IU players in the Pros.............
Yikes. Do we really need a bullpen catcher?

Reactions: ulrey
I saw the twitter the other day and wondered what is going on in this grad transfer also. I would guess that your information on Holtz may be correct and that the staff wanted another catcher in addition to Combs (Juco) and Voth. With catchers you want someone who is good at handling the staff and good defensively. Losing both Fineman and Cross means that we will have three guys now trying to see who can meld with the staff along with backups. Catchers get beat up a lot and we saw last year when Fineman was out that we had no definitive backup to Cross.

Guess it’s true Holtz is gonzo. Wonder why he didn’t get a couple innings here and there when Cross struggled?

Guess it’s true Holtz is gonzo. Wonder why he didn’t get a couple innings here and there when Cross struggled?

He was hurt this year. I don't know the nature of the injury. From what I had heard about him, I had expected he & Combs to contend for the starting position. I expected Voth to red shirt. Of course, this was all conjecture on my part..........

Reactions: mk23
He was hurt this year. I don't know the nature of the injury. From what I had heard about him, I had expected he & Combs to contend for the starting position. I expected Voth to red shirt. Of course, this was all conjecture on my part..........

I just saw it confirmed elsewhere that Holtz is gone.........

Reactions: mk23
Holtz announced it on Twitter that he had left, as did Dunkelberger who said he was transferring to Kalamazoo CC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT