ADVERTISEMENT

We need to get to 20-3

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Before we will be ranked in the top 25. Lol. It’s amazing that Illinois, Rutgers, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and all the other Big Ten teams can lose a few games and make the top 25. SMH. OSU lost 4 in a row and will probably stay there!

Before we will be ranked in the top 25. Lol. It’s amazing that Illinois, Rutgers, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and all the other Big Ten teams can lose a few games and make the top 25. SMH. OSU lost 4 in a row and will probably stay there!

Remove the cupcakes and what is our real record, that's why

It's ok, IU needs the overall wins to make the postseason.
.500 record playing tough teams throughout gets you sitting at home in March.
When IU builds back to consistently a Top 25 team, then bump up the schedule.

Reactions: iu60
IU now at 29.

Win 2 this week and we'll be in.

FWIW, rankings matter little. Win the games we should and maybe a couple we shouldn't and the rest will take care of itself.

A bit crazy that OSU is still ranked though.

. We are a borderline top 25 as of now.Too many cupcakes early on. Ohio State is still ranked getting tons if mileage out of the Kentucky and Villanova wins.

IU keeps winning and the ranking will take care of itself.
Postseason is the goal here, not where IU is ranked.

You guys are 100% right, but the point I’m making is the standard we are held too compared to these mediocre Big Ten programs.

Can anyone tell me who the 25th ranked team was in one of the Polls the Second Week of January 2019. Didn't think so. Nobody cared and by the end of the Season, it didn't matter, because 68 of the top teams got to play it out in the Tournament. Pay attention when we get to March Madness.

You guys are 100% right, but the point I’m making is the standard we are held too compared to these mediocre Big Ten programs.
Let me get this straight: 2 days ago you were moaning about how terrible IU is and started a post during the game how they were definitely going to lose even though they were playing well. Now you're complaining that they're not ranked because of a supposed higher standard.

IU shouldn't be ranked right now. Some of those wins were against very weak competition. There were lots of questions entering this season and only some of those have been answered. This is a flawed team that has lost only 3 games but should've won 1 of those and the other 2 they got blown out. Even some of the wins were uninspired and much closer than they should've been. They showed a lot more effort in the last 1.25 games but we need to see if they can do that consistently. The offense is still bad and inconsistent as seen by the 10 minutes against OSU without a field goal and TJD getting few shot attempts against them.

Looking at only their W/L record, maybe they should be ranked but I think we all know they need to win a bit more and be more consistent until they'd be truly deserving of a ranking. Winning these upcoming roads games would be a great start.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing and Al Bino
There’s not a conspiracy out there to keep IU down. There’s just not. We’re not held to a different standard either. Who are our top wins? It’s just reality. Keep winning and it’ll work out.

Reactions: bailey777
if we hadn’t barely beaten NW and were more competitive against Maryland, we’d be ranked. The WL isn’t the only metric people use. The eye test is a thing

Reactions: bailey777
if we hadn’t barely beaten NW and were more competitive against Maryland, we’d be ranked. The WL isn’t the only metric people use. The eye test is a thing
You actually believe these sports writers and student managers use data or watch every team before making their arbitrary subjective list? They watch less basketball than a common fan does.

lol, that's quite naive.

Last edited:
Not getting your point. Rankings are based on more than just total wins. Our schedule was far to easy for us to be top 25 yet but who cares. It's all making making the tourney imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT