ADVERTISEMENT

"We don't want Pearl... he just lost in the 1st Rd" - IU Forum

reaction coming in 3,2,1...
We've already had one orange weirdo and learned nothing. Pearl uses gimmicky deep rotations based on having constant defensive pressure to create transition. It's ugly chaotic basketball and goes against commonly known analytics. That shit don't work anymore ... take care of the basketball and it eliminates a good portion of their offense.

He's as tweaky as Crean was with constantly yanking players in and out and goes as deep as Woodson does in rotations .. . Weirdo.

Hard pass ...

Reactions: raar2 and jacsmi
We've already had one orange weirdo and learned nothing. Pearl uses gimmicky deep rotations based on having constant defensive pressure to create transition. It's ugly chaotic basketball and goes against commonly known analytics. That shit don't work anymore ... take care of the basketball and it eliminates a good portion of their offense.

He's as tweaky as Crean was with constantly yanking players in and out and goes as deep as Woodson does in rotations .. . Weirdo.

Hard pass ...
To be fair, my commentary was more about the reaction to everyone saying they wouldn't want Dusty May because his team lost an 8-9 game. This board reacts to every up and down.

Hard pass ...
Dumb.

Reactions: Zeester
To be fair, my commentary was more about the reaction to everyone saying they wouldn't want Dusty May because his team lost an 8-9 game. This board reacts to every up and down.
Some folks have agendas. They look for things that might support those desires. Objectivity often is not a factor in the process.

I'm saying I dont want Dusty May at IU because he isnt what alot of fans make him out to be. He could have won today and doesent change my mind. Either way, Id most certainly rather have him than Woodson next year.

Reactions: CriticArisen
I'm saying I dont want Dusty May at IU because he isnt what alot of fans make him out to be. He could have won today and doesent change my mind. Either way, Id most certainly rather have him than Woodson next year.
May would be a logical and solid choice.

For that reason, we'll never hire him.

Hard pass ...
Yet they beat us by 20+ points.

That's totally fair... and honestly, I don't know if the Dusty May hire would be good or not. It's just the idea that people jump on the flavor of the day, then when they lose a random 8-9 game they are all of a sudden a bad coach.

I like May because he created something from scratch into a successful program at a place with no built-in advantages and took them to a Final Four, followed by another successful year (by their standards). The thing that always concerned me a bit with CAM is that it was Oliver Purnell and then Bryan Gregory that brought Dayton back to success, Miller just continued that.

Reactions: DANC
reaction coming in 3,2,1...
I would never want Pearl because he cheated at USI (left the blame on his assistant and successor), cheated at Tennessee, and shed dirt thrown on him at Auburn.

I saw him regularly get out coached by Kentucky Wesleyan several times. We can get a better coach with better character. Remember his little stunt about wanting to coach at IU right before McNeeley de-committed?

Never speak of him again!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT