ADVERTISEMENT

We All Know

chaboom

Junior
Mar 17, 2005
that losses like last night happen. We don't like it. But it has happened numerous time before and it will happen again:.http://articles.latimes.com/1994-02-28/sports/sp-28211_1_two-game-losing

My personal belief is that from the coaches' and players' standpoints is that is it usually better to just forget about a game like - rather than over-analyze and dwell on it - just move on. Hopefully we'll see a re-focused and energized team on Saturday come out playing hard and inspired from the tip. How you react to a loss like that is what's most important.

Reactions: ORG
that losses like last night happen. We don't like it. But it has happened numerous time before and it will happen again:.http://articles.latimes.com/1994-02-28/sports/sp-28211_1_two-game-losing

My personal belief is that from the coaches' and players' standpoints is that is it usually better to just forget about a game like - rather than over-analyze and dwell on it - just move on. Hopefully we'll see a re-focused and energized team on Saturday come out playing hard and inspired from the tip. How you react to a loss like that is what's most important.
NO, NO, AND NO!!!! What WE, as fans, react to it is maybe the most important thing! We are they getting motivation from? Bad losses and blowout to Nebraska at home certainly hasn't worked yet. We pay this guy lots, he is supposed to do something positive this year. Don't give me that … Crean made his own fortunes as far as what he inherited, he chose to throw away good players … his choice. He get's too much credit for "resurrecting" what he chose to destroy. Nonetheless, Archie inherited team that could be competitive within a couple years with some coaching and recruiting. Honeymoon is over … no NCAA run this year or next and we move on, bad choice, wasn't ready. Our resources, facilities, the salary, all of that, mandate better results

NO, NO, AND NO!!!! What WE, as fans, react to it is maybe the most important thing! We are they getting motivation from? Bad losses and blowout to Nebraska at home certainly hasn't worked yet. We pay this guy lots, he is supposed to do something positive this year. Don't give me that … Crean made his own fortunes as far as what he inherited, he chose to throw away good players … his choice. He get's too much credit for "resurrecting" what he chose to destroy. Nonetheless, Archie inherited team that could be competitive within a couple years with some coaching and recruiting. Honeymoon is over … no NCAA run this year or next and we move on, bad choice, wasn't ready. Our resources, facilities, the salary, all of that, mandate better results
Best post of the day by a wide margin.

that's beyond ridiculous

Oooohh . . . another internet tough guy.

I'd like to be there when you say that to any of the starters' faces.
I'd say it to any of they're faces … its true, and when they give no heart they don't deserve the uniform … and by the way, the free education, since only one is really getting something they deserve when they don't try their best to earn it ..Romeo. You could argue too that he's just using it aa a playground that we need him on as much as much as he needs IU till he can go. The rest, no sympathy for

I think if you have any self respect it wouldn't happen. I am an ultra competitive man and when I was playing ball even on the blacktop, I was running up and down the court. If the ball was stolen I would sprint back to try and stop an easy bucket. This team acts like they don't want to hustle anytime. It's like they don't want to get tired so they would have to come out of the game. I as a player would not want to keep getting my ass kicked up and down the court. I would play my ass off for myself, my coach and the great Institution that is Indiana University. The players on this team just don't care.

Reactions: BigMobe
They're college kids. They make mistakes and they have bad games. NC lost by 20 at home to a team we beat.

2r8o59.jpg

Archie's salary is 10th in B1G
It's a hell of a lot more that you or I probably make, and I guess when you accept that salary to coach at a major program, whether you want more $ or not, the school and the fans that are paying for you to make that dough might expect you to make an NCAA tourney when you're supposedly landing top talent and see result$

What exactly is ridiculous about expecting someone paid 3.5M to coach basketball to make the NCAA tourney in year 3 of not a major rebuild?

Ummm, hired for 2017-18 season and now in 2018-19 season. I'm no math major but I think that's only two years.
But yes, I'd like to see more progress.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
What exactly is ridiculous about expecting someone paid 3.5M to coach basketball to make the NCAA tourney in year 3 of not a major rebuild?

Unless unforeseen events take place in recruiting, IU will be grossly undersized again next year and without shooters again next year.
And with Morgan replaced by a freshman, the single post against the world offense is not gonna work.
Basically, there is a good chance they are worse next year.

Unless unforeseen events take place in recruiting, IU will be grossly undersized again next year and without shooters again next year.
And with Morgan replaced by a freshman, the single post against the world offense is not gonna work.
Basically, there is a good chance they are worse next year.
Let's worry about Saturday @PU for now

Let's worry about Saturday @PU for now
Worry about it? If we play anyway the same we did at home last night, game over, plus the embarrassment … I'd say get ready. Probably should just start worrying over rest of season, unless they pull something special.

They're college kids. They make mistakes and they have bad games. NC lost by 20 at home to a team we beat.

A team we barely beat, that would have probably stomped us at their place.
A team that looks to be trending pretty good with a first year coach and possibly a major hammer coming down on them.
If they are a better team than us next year, we've got issues, and it's looking like they just might be better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT