ADVERTISEMENT

watching the end of the Fever game heard something that was a 1st for me

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
not sure on the players' names but the announcer called a big play at the end of the game, Thomas with a perfect feed into her fiancée Bolton. seems like that would be a weird dynamic on a basketball team. could you imagine McConnell checks into the game for his husband Nembhard.

Reactions: Brockettman
I really thought it was a moving screen on the Conneticut player . She hopped to set the screen just as contact was made , and even the announcers said she was moving . The Fever sure didn’t get any breaks tonite .

not sure on the players' names but the announcer called a big play at the end of the game, Thomas with a perfect feed into her fiancée Bolton. seems like that would be a weird dynamic on a basketball team. could you imagine McConnell checks into the game for his husband Nembhard.
The gay/lesbian doesn’t make any difference to me but I agree it likely adds another chemistry wrinkle for the coach to handle.
I think there are a lot of lesbian players so maybe within the team it is a zero big deal. I assume we had gay guys in high school but we never knew it.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
The gay/lesbian doesn’t make any difference to me but I agree it likely adds another chemistry wrinkle for the coach to handle.
I think there are a lot of lesbian players so maybe within the team it is a zero big deal. I assume we had gay guys in high school but we never knew it.
Unless you went to a 1 room schoolhouse, statistically would almost be a 100 percent you schooled with some people that were homosexuals.

Reactions: IUgradman
on a sidenote went outside to water the tomato plants, saw a few lightning bugs, can't remember the last time I saw any, as kids we would catch them in jars and use them as lanterns, wonder if that decreased the population to the point there rare nowadays. we would poke holes in the tops of the jars so they could breathe but inevitably you would have a jar full of dead bugs the next morning.

on a sidenote went outside to water the tomato plants, saw a few lightning bugs, can't remember the last time I saw any, as kids we would catch them in jars and use them as lanterns, wonder if that decreased the population to the point there rare nowadays. we would poke holes in the tops of the jars so they could breathe but inevitably you would have a jar full of dead bugs the next morning.
Millions outside my house right now. Population is in good shape. You sound like VanP btw.

1. Defense is better in the WNBA. Clark will have to improve on strength during offseason. However college players are coming off 35 game season and go right into pros with no break. Not a good transition for most.
2. What's with those hair extensions and fake eyelashes on some players.
3. Get a real basketball.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
The difference of Clark in college vs pro to me is the defense they play on her. She is picked up way before the half court line and constantly physically hit. Much bigger and faster players of course, but also the refs allow much more physical contact.
She needs a break. Has been playing since November with a long college season, then starts practice with the Fever just a few weeks after the national championship game. She's lucky and won't need to play overseas in the off season to earn extra income, so she can get some rest. Look for her to make a big jump in 2025 after some needed rest.

She needs a break. Has been playing since November with a long college season, then starts practice with the Fever just a few weeks after the national championship game. She's lucky and won't need to play overseas in the off season to earn extra income, so she can get some rest. Look for her to make a big jump in 2025 after some needed rest.
It sure seems that way. Her schedule looks insane -- the jump from college to pros you noted, and I'm guessing she has also had endless media requests and sponsor requirements.

I am admittedly not paying much attention. I have not watched a game, but how are the Fever looking so bad when they had the #1 pick two years in a row?

They have had nine (9) first round picks in the last 4 drafts and the last two #1 overall picks!

Granted there are only 12 teams, but can you imagine an NBA having the #1 pick two years in a row and in the basement of the league?

It is early, but not looking good.

Is it coaching? Front office?

I am admittedly not paying much attention. I have not watched a game, but how are the Fever looking so bad when they had the #1 pick two years in a row?

They have had nine (9) first round picks in the last 4 drafts and the last two #1 overall picks!

Granted there are only 12 teams, but can you imagine an NBA having the #1 pick two years in a row and in the basement of the league?

Boston the 1st overall pick last year is not very good seems fat and out of shape, Berger doesn't play so that was 2 wasted 1st rounders last year.

Someone else's personal life is none of my business but did the announcer have to say that? I've never heard that kind of thing said about a male player during a game. Seems very unnecessary.

Reactions: kkott
I think this is a good appraisal. Lift weights for the increased strength and as surprising as it is, work on getting her shot off quicker.

Someone else's personal life is none of my business but did the announcer have to say that? I've never heard that kind of thing said about a male player during a game. Seems very unnecessary.
have you ever heard of 2 male players married to each other on the same team?

• Haha
Reactions: kkott

The answer to your question “why is the fever so bad” to me is high turnovers and effort. It seems they are beaten to loose balls and make sloppy passes. Boston has not made a great impact and as a #1 pick in year 2 it seems she should.
I am not a scout or coach so my opinion is only as a fan.

have you ever heard of 2 male players married to each other on the same team?
I can say with absolute certainty I have never heard a play by play announcer say that such and such a QB, defenseman, or power forward passed the ball or puck to his husband, fiance or boyfriend. Even though that might actually be the case.

Last edited:
I can say with absolute certainty I have never heard a play by play announcer say that such and such a QB, defenseman, or power forward passed the ball or puck to his husband, fiance or boyfriend. Even though that might actually be the case.
they claimed Laettner was gay with one of his teammates, but I think they were closeted.

they claimed Laettner was gay with one of his teammates, but I think they were closeted.
not-anything-wrong-with.jpeg

I heard Dakich tell this story on his show: the then-current Bowling Green women's head coach complained that his two best players had just broken up and both refused to practice because they didn't want to see each other. HC couldn't coach his team.

Cameron Brink rocks! Would you rather have drafted Cameron Brink. She only took 2 shots in 30 minutes last night but 8 reb, 3, asts, 3 stls, and 4 blocks makes a huge impact on the game, I'd think.

Reactions: baileyiu
You genocidal monster! LoL. I did it too. I also used to catch June bugs and tie a strong on their legs and walk around with them as though it was a leash. This was of course before Cable tv.

Some people in the press are pointing out that Clark is heterosexual. So there are enough lesbians in the WNBA that it is noticed that she is not one.

Some people in the press are pointing out that Clark is heterosexual. So there are enough lesbians in the WNBA that it is noticed that she is not one.
show me one press clipping where someone pointed out she was heterosexual, maybe it was mentioned that she had a boyfriend but that is not what you were trying to imply.

I think that's a tired old rumor for tired old men. Both are or have been married and I think Laettner has a few ninos running around.

Cameron Brink rocks! Would you rather have drafted Cameron Brink. She only took 2 shots in 30 minutes last night but 8 reb, 3, asts, 3 stls, and 4 blocks makes a huge impact on the game, I'd think.

Caitlin Clark's going to be just fine. She's a rookie and the center of attention for all opposing teams.

Reactions: RRgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT