ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the men yesterday... watching the women now.

speroni

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
Culver City, CA
No, I am NOT saying the women would beat the men in a regulation game. But... in a game of HORSE, I'd put good money on the women. They can shoot. And they also play the game with enthusiasm. They are deserving of their high ranking. The men... well, at the moment, they are just rank.

No, I am NOT saying the women would beat the men in a regulation game. But... in a game of HORSE, I'd put good money on the women. They can shoot. And they also play the game with enthusiasm. They are deserving of their high ranking. The men... well, at the moment, they are just rank.
TV?

Game of HORSE - which ball would they use? Personally, I have trouble shooting a volleyball.

I'm watching too and they are playing a pretty darn perfect game. Plus UM can't throw it in the ocean.

Reactions: speroni
Between them and the Iowa game the other night, we'd be 0-2. Couldn't believe how fast the Iowa and MSU teams were up and down the floor. Sloppy but Clark's finish was insane.

Nice to win by 20 and let some bench guys play.
That first quarter was really fun. For the folks that missed it we were 15-15 from the field.
Unfortunately we played about even after that.
2 of next 3 on the road with at Iowa on the 13th.

Reactions: kkott
Btw, I have a question for anyone who watched the ladies.
Mac drew a foul and as the girls started to huddle Mac said something to Lexi (in a coach on the floor way) and you could see Lex nod yes and clearly mouth “my bad”. Anyone know what it was Mac wanted done differently?

Nice to win by 20 and let some bench guys play.
That first quarter was really fun. For the folks that missed it we were 15-15 from the field.
Unfortunately we played about even after that.
2 of next 3 on the road with at Iowa on the 13th.
C'mon, there was nothing unfortunate about that game last night. Did you want them to win by 50? They had an incredible start and kept them at bay after and I thought looked great all the way through.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
I enjoyed watching it also scored 31 pts in 1st qtr. seemed like they tried running more sets and not looking for 3 pt shots as much …. Think they made 6 alone in the 1st qtr

Reactions: kkott
Yeah, as IU basketball fans, do yourselves a favor and watch the ladies. They move the ball, have roles and know them, give effort and energy. It's a nice respite from the pain that has often been involved with being an IU fan over the last 2 decades. Sometimes if I squint, I can almost imagine it's our men's team playing like that!

Reactions: speroni
I enjoyed watching it also scored 31 pts in 1st qtr. seemed like they tried running more sets and not looking for 3 pt shots as much …. Think they made 6 alone in the 1st qtr
Did I hear them say that Parrish had 15 in the first quarter?

Yes (14 really). 3-3 from three and 2-2 from closer. Then I think 1-2 from the line.
I think it's a rule that IU bball players can't make more than 1 FT at a time anymore. Pretty sure that's why Mbako got taken out at times.

ditto for Chloe McNeil…..like it when Yardon is on and she’s bombing 3’s she carries on the tradition of #12 she wears

I'm curious, do they dim the lights, play bass-heavy pop music and run a video intro film on the scoreboard when they introduce the women players?

I'm curious, do they dim the lights, play bass-heavy pop music and run a video intro film on the scoreboard when they introduce the women players?
I live 5 states away and have been to only one game (Evansville). I did not pay much attention to the ceiling board. I think I remember live coverage of the starters coming from the bench thru the gauntlet of the non starters.
Btown is very big now (translate crowded with traffic). But I would like season tickets to the ladies. I would likely buy season tickets for the MBB and FB, but would also no doubt give many away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT