ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the BTN game in 60

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
You see a lot more with the emotion out of it.

Trey just ate their guard's lunch.

IU shot 12 FTs, 4 of which were intentional at mop up so 33-8 in called foul FTs.

It is amazing that Edey pushed off on more than half of his shots and was assessed zero fouls for it. BIG MUST address the officiating issues as it is killing all of us in the tournament. This does pu no favors for their games in the tournament as he will get called for at least some of this crap.

IU shot 12 FTs, 4 of which were intentional at mop up so 33-8 in called foul FTs.

It is amazing that Edey pushed off on more than half of his shots and was assessed zero fouls for it. BIG MUST address the officiating issues as it is killing all of us in the tournament. This does pu no favors for their games in the tournament as he will get called for at least some of this crap.
One minor correction, Edey did get called for one push off last night against TJD.

There was a clear Edey over the back on Geronimo, and then Geronimo got called for a foul, lol. Geronimo had position and went up for a rebound, and Edey just mauled him and made contact in Geronimo's cylinder. Absolutely ridiculous.
Likely to be called the other way during March Madness … where little guys get those kind of calls.

I did the same. Edey got one foul by knocking a player backwards and spinning into the player that was trying to regain their balance from being dislodged. other fouls came as a player was trying to regain position after being pushed backward.

Edey is allowed to move smaller players out of the way to give him space. Like the offensive foul they called on him against Race, he often makes contact high with his forearm to create a path to spin to the basket. Let's see if that works for them in the NCAA with refs that may not have seen the memo that he gets to do what he wants in the paint.

Edey's predictability was what we exploited and what allowed Fino to go off.
I would call it limitations rather than predictable. He is very effective at a very limited game.

Woody pressured their guards who are nowhere close to ours and they were toast. They are really not that difficult to prepare for and the first time Edey is called "fairly" in the tournament they are in big trouble.

Edey's predictability was what we exploited and what allowed Fino to go off.

I would call it limitations rather than predictable. He is very effective at a very limited game.

Woody pressured their guards who are nowhere close to ours and they were toast. They are really not that difficult to prepare for and the first time Edey is called "fairly" in the tournament they are in big trouble.

I'm not smart enough to recognize this in real time, but it was pointed out that when JHS and TJD ran the pick and roll, that Trayce rolled and Edey followed every single time, leaving Fino to have his way with the PU guard that was on him. That wasn't a contest, and was what allowed Fino to get the open midrange jumper damn near every time. Woodson knew that Edey was going to drop down every time leaving the FT line area open for Fino. That's what was predictable.

I'm not smart enough to recognize this in real time, but it was pointed out that when JHS and TJD ran the pick and roll, that Trayce rolled and Edey followed every single time, leaving Fino to have his way with the PU guard that was on him. That wasn't a contest, and was what allowed Fino to get the open midrange jumper damn near every time. Woodson knew that Edey was going to drop down every time leaving the FT line area open for Fino. That's what was predictable.
Exactly right. And early in the game PU tried to put Edey on Race to keep them from exploiting him with th TJD/JHS pick and roll and Woodson immediately had Race setting the picks. Edey’s pick and roll defense is his biggest limitation going to the next level.

Reactions: UncleMark
I don't think Edey can guard the pick or ballhandler in a pick and roll. The ballhandler can shoot a floater or get TJD for a dunk pretty much every time. Trey shot a floater once and had TJD wide open for an oop. He can only guard the rim, and he is too slow to give himself more than one shot at the player on offense. If you reverse on him at the bucket or do something where he has to guard you at two spots, he has no shot.

Somebody needs to tell Edey he can shoot a hook shot without using his left elbow at the same time to clear the defender out. He should be called on that every time.

Reactions: indiana ed

I always like the game afterwards ( when we win). Some of the officiating I think is outrageously wrong usually looks a little better not in the heat of the moment. What didn’t change is that Edey absolutely camps in the lane. I really rarely see it called on anyone these days.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I loved TJD’s game last night. Worst scoring game of the season but he didn’t panic and throw up trash shots. Kept his composure , had some beautiful assists, and did what he could to help Fino. Mature player. Approaching top 5 all time player status for me!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT