ADVERTISEMENT

Watched end of Ohio St/Purdue game . . .

Allen had a good season the year before in a non COVID world as well. Your guy Brohm has fallen on his face. It’s hilarious that your school made him the 10th highest paid coach in the country.

How many people on this forum have you claimed aren’t IU fans and didn’t attend the university? Barely looking through your posting history it was at least 10. All of us can see right through your thin veil to see the Purdue fan you actually are.

In fact, the only way you actually graduated from IU is if you are actually Ducatti/Twindegrees. That would make you a pathetic racist loser that got so butthurt that IU fired Knight that you became a Purdue fan.
Yes, 7-5 was a nice year. But Brohm isn’t my guy, he’s Purdue’s guy. I’m an IU grad and fan, unlike you. Why do you know so little about IU basketball, and why do you keep getting embarrassed by PU fans here? And who are the racists that you know of and apparently follow? How do you know them? Why do you know them?

Yes, 7-5 was a nice year. But Brohm isn’t my guy, he’s Purdue’s guy. I’m an IU grad and fan, unlike you. Why do you know so little about IU basketball, and why do you keep getting embarrassed by PU fans here? And who are the racists that you know of and apparently follow? How do you know them? Why do you know them?
IU was 8-5 last year, dumbass. Continue to show you know nothing about IU athletics.

Reactions: Radio Zero
IU was 8-5 last year, dumbass. Continue to show you know nothing about IU athletics.
Yep, 8-5. I easily know much more about IU athletics than you’ll ever know. I’m a long time fan and graduate. You’re neither, as we both know. You didn’t even know about how Davis came to be our coach. Still laughing that such common knowledge was beyond your comprehension. How could you be that poorly informed?

Yep, 8-5. I easily know much more about IU athletics than you’ll ever know. I’m a long time fan and graduate. You’re neither, as we both know. You didn’t even know about how Davis came to be our coach. Still laughing that such common knowledge was beyond your comprehension. How could you be that poorly informed?
That was 20 years ago and I was 8. You didn’t know Tom Allen had 8 wins LAST YEAR!!!! You are a dumbass and everyone else here has already informed you. Now, it’s time for me to put you on ignore like everyone else already has. I hope you get help with your obsession, Ducatti.

That was 20 years ago and I was 8. You didn’t know Tom Allen had 8 wins LAST YEAR!!!! You are a dumbass and everyone else here has already informed you. Now, it’s time for me to put you on ignore like everyone else already has. I hope you get help with your obsession, Ducatti.
You really didn’t know anything about Davis? Seriously? And you obviously knew nothing about Bob Knight or any about IU as an elite basketball program. You admitted it, right along with admitting you were badly fooled by the 2013 team. Do you still feel stupid that you didn’t see how Crean ran that team into the ground? Lol. Tell me again who Ducatti is? Your imaginary friend, perhaps? By the way, the motorcycle is called “Ducati”, not “Ducatti”. College grads would know that.

Gillis and Newman hadn’t played a single division one game until this season. That makes them freshmen. Only a true genius would say otherwise especially if that genius tries to compare them to two players who played over 20 games of division one last season.
Hope your enjoying these players making your hot takes reveal your intelligence. It’s okay to admit, you just don’t know what you are seeing in these games. It’s complex, I understand.

Gillis had not played a game since his junior year in high school.

You really didn’t know anything about Davis? Seriously? And you obviously knew nothing about Bob Knight or any about IU as an elite basketball program. You admitted it, right along with admitting you were badly fooled by the 2013 team. Do you still feel stupid that you didn’t see how Crean ran that team into the ground? Lol. Tell me again who Ducatti is? Your imaginary friend, perhaps? By the way, the motorcycle is called “Ducati”, not “Ducatti”. College grads would know that.
LOL! Trojan changing the subject to football to hide his incompetent takes on basketball. Fun to read the thread and watch him squirm. I recommend you do what most of us did on GBI, put him on ignore. Debating him goes nowhere.

LOL! Trojan changing the subject to football to hide his incompetent takes on basketball. Fun to read the thread and watch him squirm. I recommend you do what most of us did on GBI, put him on ignore. Debating him goes nowhere.
Lol you and your Purdue buddy having a good time over here, Gizmo?

When he said he got booted from your board for gossiping about Painter’s personal life, it was obvious no one should take him seriously. Well, after that plus reading some of his basketball musings. He’s like a child at a cocktail party.

Figured you would like to know that Ivey won the award this week.

Thanks so very much for your efforts to come here and keeping us informed!

The news coming out of Purdue Athletics and your alumni base the past few months has been amazing:

IU did NOT get that 2pt conversion...Psu was cheated!!!!
IU Football didn't beat anyone good this year!
IU taken out of BIG Champ game
IU didn't get NYD bowl!!!!!!
IU lost their bowl game!!!!
IU drops out of top ten which they never deserved anyway!!
IU is losing assistant coaches!
Penix got hurt
IU did NOT win the bucket!
IU basketball is struggling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IU lost to PU at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IU freshmen not as good as Ivy so far!!!!
Ronnie is still better!

This may be the best year for PU sports in decades!

Congrats!!!

This calls for several banners.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
How about an IU degree and the self esteem that it would buy you...let alone the better job?
US News & World Report ranks Purdue #53 and IU #76 in their most recent listing. The Wall Street Journal ranks Purdue #47 and IU #104 in their ranking. I don't think that trade would be much in my favor either.

You might not like the outcome. You might not like the methodology used. But take it up with them. It is their systems. I am just reporting and deciding to acknowledge the higher rankings which has worked to benefit my choice of institution. It is hard to argue with the logic.

US News & World Report ranks Purdue #53 and IU #76 in their most recent listing. The Wall Street Journal ranks Purdue #47 and IU #104 in their ranking. I don't think that trade would be much in my favor either.

You might not like the outcome. You might not like the methodology used. But take it up with them. It is their systems. I am just reporting and deciding to acknowledge the higher rankings which has worked to benefit my choice of institution. It is hard to argue with the logic.

But at the end of the day, the one thing that can not be argued..... Your coeds resemble the cows that graze in the near by fields.

But at the end of the day, the one thing that can not be argued..... Your coeds resemble the cows that graze in the near by fields.
I am not affirming your allegation in any way. But it is correct to point out that your post involves lookism and fat-shaming that is very unfashionable, even at universities like IU these days. Very un-PC of you to do so.

Reactions: mathboy and Nieman
I am not affirming your allegation in any way. But it is correct to point out that your post involves lookism and fat-shaming that is very unfashionable, even at universities like IU these days. Very un-PC of you to do so.

brother, there are plenty of hippo hunters out there. You are living proof. Fat chicks need loving too!

How do you know my preferences? Lots of assumption-making on your part.

But just as rankings are objectively garnered and reported, as USN and WSJ really have no dog in the fight, can you cite any specific data reported objectively that supports your contention? I get that is your opinion, and as this is America you have the right to hold it - at least for the time being. However, just because you have an opinion that does not mean that others accept it as true or take it seriously.

For the record, my wife is neither a Purdue grad or an IU grad. She attended another B1G school for her undergraduate and graduate education in the humanities. My close friends always comment upon how attractive she is and how lucky I was to have found her but that is admittedly their opinion and it is one that I share. They also suggest that her vision is sorely lacking, lol- perhaps true!

And yet.....

But just as rankings are objectively garnered and reported, as USN and WSJ really have no dog in the fight, can you cite any specific data reported objectively that supports your contention? I get that is your opinion, and as this is America you have the right to hold it - at least for the time being. However, just because you have an opinion that does not mean that others accept it as true or take it seriously.

For the record, my wife is neither a Purdue grad or an IU grad. She attended another B1G school for her undergraduate and graduate education in the humanities. My close friends always comment upon how attractive she is and how lucky I was to have found her but that is admittedly their opinion and it is one that I share. They also suggest that her vision is sorely lacking, lol- perhaps true!

and yet again....

Reactions: Bill4411

But just as rankings are objectively garnered and reported, as USN and WSJ really have no dog in the fight

These rankings are based upon a variety of objective data, unmeasured data and subjective assumptions and beliefs. Your comments are incorrect and biased as they usually are.

These rankings are for entertainment purposes only.

The value of a university can only be measured one student at a time over a course of a lifetime and none of these publications do that. Those would include among other things:

Initial job opportunities: a strength of both IU and Pu
Career progression over 25+ years: an extreme strength of IU
Lifelong connectivity to the university. A strength of IU, Btown location, campus and culture is a huge advantage.
Impact on local, regional and global society both through students, alumni and ongoing research: a strength of both IU and PU

Purdue is a fine university that compliments Indiana University well. I sent a child there for specific undergrad curriculum.

Your long history of obsessing about IU and yearning for validation is an indication that your university let you down. That is unfortunate because when the connectivity is there...life is good.

Sorry for your loss.

(lackof)courtsense, you begin your post with a series of false statements. Specifically, you claim that the respective methodologies used : "... are based upon objective data, unmeasured data and subjective assumptions and beliefs."

I am not as familiar with the WSJ methodology as I am with the US News as they have publicly discussed the algorithm that they use in their rankings but I do know that there is a numerical input of a series of variables that generates the respective scores. In fact, some universities have manipulated numbers in an attempt to game the system and raise scores, e.g. G Washington U, and got in trouble for it. So I do not get the subjectivity as being an important part of the ranking system because if so it would be much harder to game than by manipulating numbers.

You also state that these rankings are for entertainment purposes only. That is clearly false. It is reported that senior university administrators have had their compensation and job tenure based upon those rankings, e.g. a major Boston-based institution - not to mention GWU, so I do not think that Boards of Trustees view them as you have described. The number of magazines sold when these rankings come out suggest that the families of prospective students take them seriously. After all, US News is a for-profit enterprise. And how do you know or can state authoritatively how the purchasers view the contents? That is simply an assertion with no backing to it.

I lived in Indiana only during my student days. I enjoyed my time there and was grateful for it. I believe that the student body at Purdue is more geographically diverse, both domestic and international, as a percentage of students attending, At least, that was according to reports published a couple of years ago. While I reminisce, I have enjoyed the occasional return though distance is a limiting factor in frequency. At least there is the Internet and the B1G Network.

(lackof)courtsense, you begin your post with a series of false statements. Specifically, you claim that the respective methodologies used : "... are based upon objective data, unmeasured data and subjective assumptions and beliefs."

I am not as familiar with the WSJ methodology as I am with the US News as they have publicly discussed the algorithm that they use in their rankings but I do know that there is a numerical input of a series of variables that generates the respective scores. In fact, some universities have manipulated numbers in an attempt to game the system and raise scores, e.g. G Washington U, and got in trouble for it. So I do not get the subjectivity as being an important part of the ranking system because if so it would be much harder to game than by manipulating numbers.

You also state that these rankings are for entertainment purposes only. That is clearly false. It is reported that senior university administrators have had their compensation and job tenure based upon those rankings, e.g. a major Boston-based institution - not to mention GWU, so I do not think that Boards of Trustees view them as you have described. The number of magazines sold when these rankings come out suggest that the families of prospective students take them seriously. After all, US News is a for-profit enterprise. And how do you know or can state authoritatively how the purchasers view the contents? That is simply an assertion with no backing to it.

I lived in Indiana only during my student days. I enjoyed my time there and was grateful for it. I believe that the student body at Purdue is more geographically diverse, both domestic and international, as a percentage of students attending, At least, that was according to reports published a couple of years ago. While I reminisce, I have enjoyed the occasional return though distance is a limiting factor in frequency. At least there is the Internet and the B1G Network.

and yet yet again....

• Sad
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
When you cannot refute the points made in a debate people often resort to ad hominens or ignoring the points made. You have given us a classic example.

Reactions: mathboy
These rankings are based upon a variety of objective data, unmeasured data and subjective assumptions and beliefs. Your comments are incorrect and biased as they usually are.

These rankings are for entertainment purposes only.

The value of a university can only be measured one student at a time over a course of a lifetime and none of these publications do that. Those would include among other things:

Initial job opportunities: a strength of both IU and Pu
Career progression over 25+ years: an extreme strength of IU
Lifelong connectivity to the university. A strength of IU, Btown location, campus and culture is a huge advantage.
Impact on local, regional and global society both through students, alumni and ongoing research: a strength of both IU and PU

Purdue is a fine university that compliments Indiana University well. I sent a child there for specific undergrad curriculum.

Your long history of obsessing about IU and yearning for validation is an indication that your university let you down. That is unfortunate because when the connectivity is there...life is good.

Sorry for your loss.

That's why you'll always be my b!tch in life and on the basketball court. You went to dumb@$$ U. Dumba$$.

Not my boss, though I once did live near and work in Chicago, ignoring the points made doesn't make them false.

GTFO and take your high school varsity debate team talking points with you.

EDIT. Revised for lyricism.

Not talking points but rather statements of fact that did not go unchallenged. As I observed when one cannot argue intelligently, people often resort to ad hominem attacks.

GTFO and take your high school varsity debate team talking points with you.

EDIT. Revised for lyricism.

Congratulations Mr. Ivey... | GoldandBlack.com (rivals.com)

This is a typical post on his own forum. While I was there, a quick check showed that 9 of his last 12 sports posts were about IU. He has started many threads about me. Arcb-12.5 is one of my top all time stalkers.

He comes here once in a while and embarrasses himself with empty posts using lots of words. Put it this way...a mother of a Purdue player called him out for trashing 19 year old players he has never met (but she knows an likes) simply because they wore the IU jersey.

"obsession" is putting it mildly.

Again an example of your chronic habit of misstatement for which you have been called out by members of this board.

It is true that I reported a comment made on a nationally broadcast radio show by someone very familiar with the IU team. The comment was also reported in the press and on sports-centered websites. Ms. Reed did not accept the comment as true. She said that she based her judgment upon her personal knowledge of the person in question.

Of course her personal knowledge did not address the facts of the case. About that she had no real knowledge. People are often surprised by the actions of those that they know well/moderately well. John Wayne Gacy's long-time neighbors were shocked when they found out that he was a serial killer. They would have never guessed that so they said. However, their astonishment did not alter the reality.

Now, as is often your course, do not suggest that I am comparing the report in question to serial murder. That is not the point. What I am saying is that personal knowledge of a person does not always equate to accurate prediction of what they will do or did. Ms. Reed has her opinion and as an American she is free to hold it.

However, it is fair to point out that the broadcast in question never retracted what was said. Also, the commenter, station or websites were never sued for the tort of slander/libel. They would have been able to be sued had the allegation made been provably false.

Your post implies that Ms. Reed's comment settles the issue. That is far from the case.

Again an example of your chronic habit of misstatement for which you have been called out by members of this board.

It is true that I reported a comment made on a nationally broadcast radio show by someone very familiar with the IU team. The comment was also reported in the press and on sports-centered websites. Ms. Reed did not accept the comment as true. She said that she based her judgment upon her personal knowledge of the person in question.

Of course her personal knowledge did not address the facts of the case. About that she had no real knowledge. People are often surprised by the actions of those that they know well/moderately well. John Wayne Gacy's long-time neighbors were shocked when they found out that he was a serial killer. They would have never guessed that so they said. However, their astonishment did not alter the reality.

Now, as is often your course, do not suggest that I am comparing the report in question to serial murder. That is not the point. What I am saying is that personal knowledge of a person does not always equate to accurate prediction of what they will do or did. Ms. Reed has her opinion and as an American she is free to hold it.

However, it is fair to point out that the broadcast in question never retracted what was said. Also, the commenter, station or websites were never sued for the tort of slander/libel. They would have been able to be sued had the allegation made been provably false.

Your post implies that Ms. Reed's comment settles the issue. That is far from the case.
You are still going on about the whole Romeo thing? Dakich doesn’t have any inside information into IU anymore. He’s an embarrassment to the university and a scumbag. There is a reason he isn’t allowed to call IU games anymore, and it’s because everyone at the university despises the douche.

You can GFY.

Classy as always, still sure that you were in the Gillis' home when the decision of where to attend was made?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT