ADVERTISEMENT

Was it just me or did the majority of the calls go in Purdue's favor today? Purdue traveled on almost every possession and double dribbled

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
at least twice in the second half, yet the refs seemed to ignore the infractions. Meanwhile, Penn State would get whistled for those types of turnovers.

What do I mean by double dribbles? Purdue's players would dribble the ball two or three times to get possession of it, catch it and then begin dribbling it again. When I played basketball, we were taught it counted as a dribble if you dribbled it once or more to get possession of it. Have the rules changed regarding double dribble?

Also, Purdue's players frequently changed their pivots, yet seldom--if ever--got traveling called on them. Penn State's players, on the other hand, got called for travels.

Reactions: 76-1
at least twice in the second half, yet the refs seemed to ignore the infractions. Meanwhile, Penn State would get whistled for those types of turnovers.

What do I mean by double dribbles? Purdue's players would dribble the ball two or three times to get possession of it, catch it and then begin dribbling it again. When I played basketball, we were taught it counted as a dribble if you dribbled it once or more to get possession of it. Have the rules changed regarding double dribble?

Also, Purdue's players frequently changed their pivots, yet seldom--if ever--got traveling called on them. Penn State's players, on the other hand, got called for travels.
Hilarious. Purdue is a bunch of double dribblerz.

PU's MO since Keady is to get away with as much as they can and simultaneously pretend like only the other team fouls.

Reactions: 76-1
I believe that Painter lets (tells) his players to do whatever they need to in order to win (travel, push, foul, double dribble, etc.). The refs can't / won't call them all so they will get away with a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: beanburito60
I believe that Painter lets (tells) his players to do whatever they need to in order to win (travel, push, foul, double dribble, etc.). The refs can't / won't call them all so they will get away with a lot.
No coach in the world tells his players to double dribble or travel. Eyeroll

Reactions: ytzid and Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT