ADVERTISEMENT

Vols Thought They’d Go 10-2

Ya know..., it a crossed my mind that AD'r Fulmer may just be a thinkin' that we'er an ezzee W and that there's why'n he a bullied those mildcats to get this here a matchup...:confused::eek::mad:

It's been a weigh'n heavy on my'n mind that perhaps we should make em end up feelin more than a little foolish for a doin that's...;)

[written in deep Tennesseen so Fulmer can understand it]

Ya know..., it a crossed my mind that AD'r Fulmer may just be a thinkin' that we'er an ezzee W and that there's why'n he a bullied those mildcats to get this here a matchup...:confused::eek::mad:

It's been a weigh'n heavy on my'n mind that perhaps we should make em end up feelin more than a little foolish for a doin that's...;)

My grandmother grew up in the Blue Ridge mountains in NC close to a place called Banner Elk. As a result I have lot of family in Tennessee and Georgia.

We did some family reunions when I was a kid in Kingston, TN area. I had to ask my mom what people were saying, a lot. Mmmkay

My grandmother grew up in the Blue Ridge mountains in NC close to a place called Banner Elk. As a result I have lot of family in Tennessee and Georgia.

We did some family reunions when I was a kid in Kingston, TN area. I had to ask my mom what people were saying, a lot. Mmmkay

There's plenty of really, really good people up in those mountains, hills and hollars... I just couldn't resist being more than a bit of a smart-aleck since it dovetailed with the media above...;):)

Tennessee's preference was all about location, and had nothing to do with the opponent. We already play regularly in Nashville against Vandy, already get great exposure for recruiting in that area, played our most recent bowl game there in 2016, and obviously it would keep us in state.

Our preference was to play in a Florida bowl this year for more of a "reward" to the players and fanbase, but mostly for higher profile exposure in a critical recruiting hotbed.

Actually, a UK friend put me onto that guy a few years ago. with this one:

I understand he took a job inside the UT athletic media department.

Yeah I've seen them. That dude's pretty funny. Hey, if you're gonna struggle as bad as we have the past 10 years or so, you better have a good sense of humor.

Since we're doing musical tributes, here's one you might like featuring a shared favorite adopted son. If i can figure out how to post it.

Banner Elk is a nice area!

Reactions: Andy06 and IUAPEX
Tennessee's preference was all about location, and had nothing to do with the opponent. We already play regularly in Nashville against Vandy, already get great exposure for recruiting in that area, played our most recent bowl game there in 2016, and obviously it would keep us in state.

Our preference was to play in a Florida bowl this year for more of a "reward" to the players and fanbase, but mostly for higher profile exposure in a critical recruiting hotbed.

Sounds both logical and reasonable but..., why the last second switch??? Does Fulmer just like screwing over KY (a perfectly admirable reason to do anything);):), or..., were there other, more nefarious, motives at play...

Need a little help here, if we're going to be able to whip ourselves into a Beserker like state of frenzy just prior to Kickoff we have to find a reason to get mad at at least one guy associated with your team...:D I've chosen Fulmer...;) :mad::mad::)

You guys are all just way too nice and normal...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Sounds both logical and reasonable but..., why the last second switch??? Does Fulmer just like screwing over KY (a perfectly admirable reason to do anything);):), or..., were there other, more nefarious, motives at play...

Need a little help here, if we're going to be able to whip ourselves into a Beserker like state of frenzy just prior to Kickoff we have to find a reason to get mad at at least one guy associated with your team...:D I've chosen Fulmer...;) :mad::mad::)

You guys are all just way too nice and normal...;)

I think PSU getting the NY6 Cotton slot over Auburn/Bama jumbled both the Big 10 and SEC fields, ironically the factor allowing you to land the Gator. The SEC picture came down to Music City (5.7M), Gator (5.35M) and Belk (4.78M) in play for UT (7-5), UK (7-5) and Miss St (6-6). Music City had first preference to invite as highest payout bowl. UT had first preference to accept by virtue of record/head-to-head among the schools in play.

Music City's strong preference was UT because they sell out when we go. UK sells a lot of tix, but were off the table since they just played Louisville 2 weeks ago. Miss St was much less desirable at 6-6 and having sold 13K fewer tix in their only MCB appearance. They just have a much smaller alumni base and don't travel as well.

UT's strong preference was Gator for reasons I mentioned before, and the Gator TV slot puts it in prime time competing against no other games, so it draws about 2.5M more viewers than Music City.

SEC had to negotiate conflicting interests and ultimately gave sway to UT. I have no idea why. The conference usually kicks us in the teeth every chance they get. Music City could not have been too happy paying out the most money for the worst conference draw.

Not sure where we're gonna get our fodder to light the hate fire. Maybe fights will break out at the tailgate.

Yeah I've seen them. That dude's pretty funny. Hey, if you're gonna struggle as bad as we have the past 10 years or so, you better have a good sense of humor.

Since we're doing musical tributes, here's one you might like featuring a shared favorite adopted son. If i can figure out how to post it.

Got Sandbar tickets for his show in Detroit next summer. Can’t wait!

Reactions: UofTNfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT