Khristian Reynolds - SS - Avon IN

Logan Sowers - OF - McCutcheon IN

Laren Eustace - OF - Batavia IL

Hunter Hart - RHP - St Joseph-Ogden IL

Brian Hobbie - RHP - Glenwood IL

Josh Ockimey - 1B - Neumann-Goretti PA
This post was edited on 7/6 4:59 PM by welshman#

thought his name sounded familiar; the more I research

the more impressed I am with the amount of "national" baseball programs that recruit the state of Indiana, including ones from the west coast and the south.

IIRC, both South Carolina and Arkansas got 2014 verbals from Indiana kids, as did Wichita State. U of L (obviously) and Vandy are apparently all over the state on a nearly-annual basis. Pitt even got a kid from Carmel (assuming that hasn't changed or he didn't sign with a MLB organization). LSU, Fla State, Miami, and others appear to recruit the Midwest fairly regularly.

FWIW, it looks like the Class of 2016 in the Midwest is loaded--starting with Collett, but including numerous other prospects in Indiana, Illinois and Ohio.

Hope CCL gets his pitching coach hired soon; Cheeseborough sounds like a promising addition to his staff.

Re: here are some names but I've no idea

Hunter Hart from St. Joe IL has changed his commitment to IU - now pusuing another school but likely will sign to go pro.

Collett

Unfortunately TJ Collett has already committed to Kentucky. He is very close with AJ Reed, the UK player from Terre Haute (Collett's hometown) that just won all the college NPOY awards. That relationship seemed to play a pretty big role in his recruitment.

With that said, although he did only just finish his sophomore year, I'd be shocked if Collett ever puts on a college uniform.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

agreed; the biggest obstacle for T.J. is likely MLB, not other

college programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT