ADVERTISEMENT

Utah State, won the regular season Mountain west, 8 seed, returned 0 points from last year's team.

coach's 1st year with the school, his 5th overall. It can be done.
I was thinking about how to post this...but didn't do it because I don't think Woody could pull such a thing off even if he filled his roster with 10 future NBA players. Its much more applicable for NEXT year's offseason. Heck, maybe the Utah State coach can come and do that at IU?!

Coaching, development, culture matter.
Well said.

We are talking Utah State here, and their ability to lose a lot, and quickly “rebuild”. And I’m sure someone will point out all the resources we have, all the NIL available, and how that is an advantage that we have over others.

But, that also ties into our culture, and imho it is our biggest obstacle in winning.

We’ll be able to sign some good players. The promise of huge money and the chance at an NBA payday will appeal to some, but no one is coming here to win, or with any idea to the future. MW is at best a lame duck coach.

next season doesn’t sound too interesting to me. Now, if I could be a fly on the wall in the locker room next year to see the relationships between the different factions of players, that probably would be.

Danny Sprinkle...awesome job this year! You've officially caught our attention. Your job interview for the IU job starts now...first order of business, knock Purdue out of the tournament this weekend.
don't know much about mountain west basketball but they got 6 bids as opposed to the big east 3. very surprising, St Johns gave UConn all they wanted and on metrics deserved to be in. I think the committee took one last shot at Pitino for past transgressions.

I was thinking about how to post this...but didn't do it because I don't think Woody could pull such a thing off even if he filled his roster with 10 future NBA players. Its much more applicable for NEXT year's offseason. Heck, maybe the Utah State coach can come and do that at IU?!
that begs to question why in the hell is he our coach next year.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Iowa st…
3 years ago TJ took over a program that went 2-22 the year before. 2 straight ncaa appearances with a sweet 16 and now this year they win the BIG 12 and are a 2 seed. Coaching, development, culture matter.
what was TJs background before he got the Iowa st job?

I really don't know but bet he was a mid-major coach..

it's a bandwagon I've been on before 99.9 percent of the people on here jumped aboard. Woodson was just a stupid hire.
Uh, Kurt, you don’t think I know that? You took a lot of flak when you posted last yr that he should be on the hot seat (this season “if”), but not from me.

Uh, Kurt, you don’t think I know that? You took a lot of flak when you posted last yr that he should be on the hot seat (this season “if”), but not from me.
I seriously doubt he will have the ability to cobble together any sort of a competitive roster next year, hope I'm wrong.

Woodson's got asbestos underwear. His entire coaching career has been on the hot seat. He isn't the least bit concerned about it. Why would he be? He's made a fortune on the hot seat. Just another day at the office "getting better" and "getting over the hump".

coach's 1st year with the school, his 5th overall. It can be done.
A year ago we had a freshman guard who was one and done, but yet guards from the portal wanted no part of playing for Woodson and IU. Now, we had the worst shooting guards in the country, so how the hell is Woodson going to attract portal guards to come here? He can probably find a PF or Center in the portal, but I’ve seen this movie before and I’m afraid we might see it again next season.

what was TJs background before he got the Iowa st job?

I really don't know but bet he was a mid-major coach..
TJ was an assistant at Iowa State prior to taking the HC job at SDSU. He had a losing record at UNLV and on the verge of getting fired. Then the Iowa State job opened and he was bailed out given his ties as it was likely the only P5 job his name was tied too. Everyone gets at least one break in life. Stars aligned for TJ.

A year ago we had a freshman guard who was one and done, but yet guards from the portal wanted no part of playing for Woodson and IU. Now, we had the worst shooting guards in the country, so how the hell is Woodson going to attract portal guards to come here? He can probably find a PF or Center in the portal, but I’ve seen this movie before and I’m afraid we might see it again next season.
One argument for getting the guards would be that the interior of the team will be gutted...so perimeter players would get more shots. Didn't say its a good argument...but Woodson doesn't have any of those anyway....so it didn't cost anything.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT