ADVERTISEMENT

USS Archie in trouble.

Awesome. A bad loss and the troll birds all show up to celebrate.
Get used to it.

We have a lot of losses coming, this roster has huge holes in it made exceptionally worse by Phin's health.. Doesn't mean people should cry and whine incessantly. Maybe they need a hug?

Not every game has to be a revisit of the last 40 years and the assessment of the coach or future. It can simply be a game. I think they juist like to whine.

These guys watch sports with the same attitude and level of understanding as little girls who follow Justin Bieber.

Last edited:
Right, Archie saying the team needed to "mature" was very Creanisque, Arch you're starting upperclassman aside from TJD, Devonte is a senior he ain't gonna mature anymore, crazy.
At least he isn't saying "help is on the way". When he starts to channel Mike Davis time to put him out of his misery.

Get used to it.

We have a lot of losses coming, this roster has huge holes in it made exceptionally worse by Phin's health.. Doesn't mean people should cry and whine incessantly. Maybe they need a hug?

Not every game has to be a revisit of the last 40 years and the assessment of the coach or future. It can simply be a game. I think they juist like to whine.

These guys watch sports with the same attitude and level of understanding as little girls who follow Justin Bieber.

The regulars here can bitch when warranted as you and I do. I have little tolerance for clowns like this victorbear or ordy showing up only after a tough day.

We are heavily dependent on current roster making individual improvements, as opposed to hoping for immediate savior recruits. We need Durham to be better, we need Phinisee to be better, we need all of them to be better. What concerns me the most is when you look at our guys, particularly offensively, none of them save TJD are dynamic. Justin Smith struggles to convert right at the basket. Race Thompson really has no game offensively, and none of our current roster guards are knock down shooters. And the lack of a shooter is what really ails this team IMO. Look at what Joe does for Arkansas. We have to hope Durham, Phinisee, Franklin and Damezi all need to continue to develop as shooters. Without a legit perimeter threat, our offense will continue to look like it’s plodding in mud.

Just my opinion
Great opinion. Unusual on this board because it has a lot of thought put in it an no insults.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Get used to it.

Ha - preseason you guys were all saying this is the deepest team since....Archie has finally got a group of his guys and is strategic in his roster building...Archie is so smart and knows his guys to keep the open scholarships....

Now its a roster of holes and limitations...and not to care about it because its just a ballgame.

Players in a D1 althetics program injured? Who would have thought...

That currently represents over a third of our scholarship players. I also did not include Green to that number which brings us closer to half. It is a problem when a third of your roster has missed significant practice and game time due to nagging injuries.

Have anything else to add above snark?

We are heavily dependent on current roster making individual improvements, as opposed to hoping for immediate savior recruits. We need Durham to be better, we need Phinisee to be better, we need all of them to be better. What concerns me the most is when you look at our guys, particularly offensively, none of them save TJD are dynamic. Justin Smith struggles to convert right at the basket. Race Thompson really has no game offensively, and none of our current roster guards are knock down shooters. And the lack of a shooter is what really ails this team IMO. Look at what Joe does for Arkansas. We have to hope Durham, Phinisee, Franklin and Damezi all need to continue to develop as shooters. Without a legit perimeter threat, our offense will continue to look like it’s plodding in mud.

Just my opinion
Yep and how in the world does the state's top program (we hope it is) not have some serious shooters when many high school teams in Indiana have them?

Ha - preseason you guys were all saying this is the deepest team since....Archie has finally got a group of his guys and is strategic in his roster building...Archie is so smart and knows his guys to keep the open scholarships....

Now its a roster of holes and limitations...and not to care about it because its just a ballgame.
Yeah, it’s amazing how some of the lecturers now come back and preach patience or, in the case of certain phonies who post and respond to their multiple handles, disappear after losses or vacillate depending on the scoreboard. For all of them there’s an excuse du jour that is always, well, creative, to say the least. Most lack the sense to realize they’re easy to see through and past in these little discussions. Now, back to the Prevost for some pre-Gator fun.

Yeah, it’s amazing how some of the lecturers now come back and preach patience or, in the case of certain phonies who post and respond to their multiple handles, disappear after losses or vacillate depending on the scoreboard. For all of them there’s an excuse du jour that is always, well, creative, to say the least. Most lack the sense to realize they’re easy to see through and past in these little discussions. Now, back to the Prevost for some pre-Gator fun.
You accuse others of having multiple handles? That’s hypocritical. This is why you’re not well regarded here. ;)

We have optimists and pessimists on this board. I'm an optimist and I think for good reasons. I know the pessimists think they have good reasons to be pessimists also. It's interesting.

I just don't see a good reason that Hunter can't develop into the player he was before his season long physical problem. And to be better than that over the rest of his career. He mostly needs to stay healthy.

Because until it actually happens, theres also* no reason to believe he will....
Anything over 50-50 at this point is just noise.

The problem is we have too many optimists AND pessimists, and not enough realists.

If it happens GREAT!... Just dont count on it

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Almost like saying Mike Davis was a far better coach than RMK because he took IU to the championship game 2 years after RMK left. I wonder how that could possibly happen?
Get help ok you have issues.

You are saying we are going to win 9 big ten games from here on out; Id b interested in knowing what games you think these 9 will be.
Yes, I think they'll win 9 games. You see probable losses for every game and I see possible wins for every game. I don't know which 9 or more it will be but I believe it will happen.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
So why is Archie struggling at IU. I personally don’t think Archie did anything extraordinary at Dayton, I mean Dayton is ranked this year so maybe it’s just the program and not the coach. I’m curious why you thought he was a great coach at Dayton????? He was probably a better coach then the other 80% of coaches in Atlantic 10, but in Big Ten they are all good coaches.
I think he was a great coach at UD because I played the game and know good coaching when I see it.

Reactions: Al Bino
I think he was a great coach at UD because I played the game and know good coaching when I see it.
Huh??? You sound like a shill for the program and Archie. I didn't play basketball, but know that allowing a bad team to put a 19-3 run on you at home is not evidence of good coaching. I also know you need decent 3 point shooting to win in college basketball, so good coach or not he's not a good evaluator of talent how could you not have a knock down shooter in year 3 at IU. Who cares if their defense isn't great ARchie's defense sucks anyways. Just one three point shooter is all this team even if it's a Matt Roth kind of player, a good coach knows how to hide such a player in good defensive schemes.

You also have to be a good recruiter, again the myth behind Bob Knight's success was that he took average players and made them great, far from the truth. Go look at the number of McDondals' All Americans that were on the 1989-1993 teams. 3 star recruits from Cathedral would not even been looked at by Knight, go get some real players.

Huh??? You sound like a shill for the program and Archie. I didn't play basketball, but know that allowing a bad team to put a 19-3 run on you at home is not evidence of good coaching. I also know you need decent 3 point shooting to win in college basketball, so good coach or not he's not a good evaluator of talent how could you not have a knock down shooter in year 3 at IU. Who cares if their defense isn't great ARchie's defense sucks anyways. Just one three point shooter is all this team even if it's a Matt Roth kind of player, a good coach knows how to hide such a player in good defensive schemes.
Why do you think I care what you think I sound like? In case you care what I think, I don't think you know anything about basketball coaching and rather it's good or bad.

Why do you think I care what you think I sound like? In case you care what I think, I don't think you know anything about basketball coaching and rather it's good or bad.
Who cares it’s about winning ok. Good coaches win bad coaches lose, there made it easy for you.

I really hope some of these guys transfer and it forces Archie to have to go get grad transfers andn Juco transfers which he should have been doing all along. We have 0 perimeter shooting. Only a moron would take the Indiana job and not make shooting a priority. That’s one thing Mack has done at Louisville. Get Grad Transfers and Juco guys. Archie has dug his own grave with his mediocre recruiting and I really don’t feel sorry for him.

Ha ha. You aren't really serious are you? Grad transfers and juco transfers are extremely difficult to bring in to IU, you do know that right?

Mack's talent was there when he arrived, he loses a lot next year so we can see what he does in a year or two.

I realize that being 11-2 so far this year is embarrassing for you, but no, I really don't feel sorry for you. Please try to post less mediocre posts.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
That I agree with. I said over the summer that I thought leaving the 2 open scholarships was a bad idea given our injury history. I also thought that we needed to add shooting.
Yep, this is correct.

In 2020, successful teams need to have shooting. Period.

Archie knew that IU was a poor shooting team last year. His recruiting didn't remedy that.

I hope the guys coming in next year are actually good enough to get on the court an play meaningful minutes next year, or we are looking at the same composition of a team.

Looks like the pro archie crew has returned.
I'm an IU grad and fan and Archie is our coach. I support the team and the coach and I'm still confident that Archie can get this team on track and start competing for B1G titles and NCAA championships in the next few years. I know you don't know anything about actually playing the game or recognizing good coaching but Archie can coach. If he eventually proves not to be the coach I thought he was here then I'll be ready for IU too move on but that time hasn't come. He's going to be here at least through next year so you're going to have to deal with that. :cool:

I'm an IU fan and Archie is our coach. I support the team and the coach and I'm still confident that Archie can get this team on track and start competing for B1G titles and NCAA championships in the next few years. I know you don't know anything about actually playing the game or recognizing good coaching but Archie can coach. If he eventually proves not to be the coach I thought he was here then I'll be ready for IU too move one but that time hasn't come.

Not unless his recruiting improves dramatically. Our recruiting is so far removed from teams competing for ncaa championships that to even write this is silly.

Reactions: BigMobe
Not unless his recruiting improves dramatically. Our recruiting is so far removed from teams competing for ncaa championships that to even write this is silly.
TJD was a slam dunk recruit and the second McD All American in a row. We have other top 100 recruits and several just above 100. Next year's class is solid and we may or may not be finished. Another top 50 or so and that class moves up to top 10 to 15. These players all build a very solid foundation and can win. 2021 will be the most important class for Archie. If it's a slam dunk class we're on our way to national contender but if he whiffs then we could be looking for a new coach in 2022. None of us can know what will happen in the future though some are convinced they can.

TJD was a slam dunk recruit and the second McD All American in a row. We have other top 100 recruits and several just above 100. Next year's class is solid and we may or may not be finished. Another top 50 or so and that class moves up to top 10 to 15. These players all build a very solid foundation and can win. 2021 will be the most important class for Archie. If it's a slam dunk class we're on our way to national contender but if he whiffs then we could be looking for a new coach in 2022. None of us can know what will happen in the future though some are convinced they can.
My God looks like your Prozac has kicked in.

Reactions: cryano
National Contender??? You can't be serious right. Maybe we should start with making the NCAA in year 5 for Archie cause it ain't happening next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT