ADVERTISEMENT

Update on jburns81

JBURNS81

Freshman
Feb 1, 2015
Greenwood, IN
Hi, everyone! My name is Heather McAdams and I'm the caregiver for Mr. Burns, or as you know him JBURNS81. His health is improving slowly and steadily and his #1 goal is to make it to the Ohio State game (first game of the season). He has renewed his season ticket, believing by faith that he will be able to be physically present at Memorial Stadium to see his beloved football Hoosiers play their 2017 home schedule. Health permitting, he wants to get to at least 1 road game as well.

Since our last update with you, I have faithfully logged onto the premium FB forum daily and read each thread to him. As with most die-hard fans of the football Hoosiers, his emotions have run the gamut from disappointment regarding certain events, angst regarding what comes next, and great joy and excitement regarding the many, many positive events that have taken place since the end of last season. I think I can safely say that he is very much encouraged by the overall direction of the program and has asked me if I would be willing to revisit some threads (old or new) and write a response to those threads on his behalf. I have agreed to do so on the condition that he not get overly excited during the process.

For those of you who don't know this kind, humorous man, let me just say that he has endeared himself to my husband and daughter (both are not easy to win over) and he continues to amaze me with his determination to overcome the multiple health issues that beset him. While his physical ailments are a constant battle, his mind is as sharp as ever. While his beloved football Hoosiers are his #1 passion, he has a keen interest in subjects as widely varied as music, astronomy (especially the Hubble telescope), space exploration (missions), literature (a HUGE science fiction devotee, especially the Star Trek universe), sports (especially soccer - a HUGE fan of the USWNT).

As part of my role as caregiver, I am tasked at assessing his mental acuity (memory, recall, etc.) so I initiate discussions with him on random subjects. Amazingly, he seems to be well-versed on nearly any subject I present to him. I count it a blessing and an honor to care for this man and to get to know him better every day that I'm with him. He would tell you that he's no one special, just a regular guy with a few interests but not all that interesting to know. I beg to differ - I only wish you all had the same privilege to know him as I do. Be looking for upcoming replies to prior threads and he and I (whom I refer to as Team Burns) will do our best to keep up with the topics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News