ADVERTISEMENT

UNC, Duke, UK, Louisville

Mar 31, 2002
Anyone know the last time one of those teams finished second to last or lower in their conference? That is where will will finish in the Big Ten.

2010 for UNC. 2006 for Louisville. 1995 for Duke. And I kid you not, 1927 for UK.
2010 for UNC. 2006 for Louisville. 1995 for Duke. And I kid you not, 1927 for UK.
Actually UofL finished tied with Norte Dame for 7th place in the final standings that season. DePaul, Providence, St. John's, and S. Florida all finished below us.

Sadly we don't merit a mention with those programs right now

Funny you say that because SI just had an article on coaching jobs opening at some of the top programs in the next few years and the top candidates to take them over and said, "No blue blood school has an opening this year" (not exact words) so that means they don't think Crean is leaving this year and/or we're not a blue blood.

Anyone know the last time one of those teams finished second to last or lower in their conference? That is where will will finish in the Big Ten.
What is more telling is we rose to #3 in the country on the basis of big wins. Same team minus OG can't beat anyone except PSU at the buzzer or in overtime. Crean could get a pass except this has happened before. We have enough data after 9 years to see where this is going. Will Glass have the balls to do the right thing?

Funny you say that because SI just had an article on coaching jobs opening at some of the top programs in the next few years and the top candidates to take them over and said, "No blue blood school has an opening this year" (not exact words) so that means they don't think Crean is leaving this year and/or we're not a blue blood.

I think they are correct, either way.

Whoosier Losers

inbred-brothers5.png

These are your ancestors. How does that feel?

Anybody watchin this Unc UofL game...UofL started off impressive...but since the crowd quieted down (ironically enough /playing at Unc) UofL
..not so good....Im not really sure why people think there defense is the elite, I know the stat sheet will back up some good defensive feats , but watching them, you will see sooo many holes in it. I know theyre playin a high octane shooting Unc, but Unc is still about to score 70+...Watch Virginia, and you'll see a great defensive team
.. None the less, all this says to me, is if this is the nations best defensive teams are that of UofL, it just isnt gunna be enough to slow down offensive powerhouses like Ucla...esp when those top defensive teams like UofL and virgins are not very good at offense. March sure is starting to shape up ...and Ps as I write this,just heard that other Indiana school butler is about to sweep villanova

I live in Southern Indiana and back in the 60's a lot of "people" from Kentucky moved to this area cause there wasn't any work In Hazard, Muddy Gut Holler, ect and this map even represents that. The struggle is real...

I'm sorry for your troubles, I wouldn't wish that on a Purdue fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT