ADVERTISEMENT

Unbalanced schedule

HoozierDaddy

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2012
If the BTT started today:

Purdue would be #1 seed and 8-0 vs. the teams that play on Wednesday.

IU only played those same teams 4 times and is 3-1 (lost to Penn St.).

Assuming Purdue wins today (big assumption), they would be 2-3 vs. the teams with the double-bye.

Purdue didn’t have to play games at ILL, Iowa and Rutgers, all very tough places to win.

Looking at it this way has me fairly convinced they aren’t nearly as good as advertised.

Assuming Purdue wins today (big assumption), they would be 2-3 vs. the teams with the double-bye.

Purdue didn’t have to play games at ILL, Iowa and Rutgers, all very tough places to win.

Looking at it this way has me fairly convinced they aren’t nearly as good as advertised.
There really isn’t any great teams in all of college basketball this year. If I had to pick one team today to win it all, I will go with Arizona.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU

Yeah, B1G scheduling always leaves some with easier roads. Purdoo certainly got a big boost from their conference schedule matchups and also by beating teams that were considered top teams but have failed to produce.

While Purdoo is certainly a good team, it has become obvious they aren’t world beaters like some believed. They will flame out like always and go home with nothing.

It sucks but this year just happened to not be in our favor. Last year we had the easier path and didn’t take advantage

There really isn’t any great teams in all of college basketball this year. If I had to pick one team today to win it all, I will go with Arizona.
every time I think I'm all in on AZ...they lose again. This year's tourney will be as wide open as ever. I'm predicting at least 1-2 of the F4 teams to be 4 seeds or lower.

Crimson Cast shows how IU had bad luck. If we had a balanced schedule, I think IU wins the league.

Kerr Krissa will shoot them out of a game, as Kerr Krissa often does. Plus their defense is horrible. They would really need to tighten things up on that end to make a deep run. Offense should get them through the first two rounds .. then it's a crap shoot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT