ADVERTISEMENT

UK Coach Search Updates

I'm hoping it doesn't work out, since he can't possibly go back to UK after this, and then they'll need to figure out that buyout.
UK will say breach of contract..etc. Cal might just get some cash out of this. Longer this goes the worse it looks for both.

He’s a fanatical Cristian. His first priority is getting his players saved and to heaven. Then basketball. He’s at his spot. UK is in the Bible Belt. That’s the only thing similar. Baylor…private Cristian school. Valpo….private Cristian school. See a pattern?
Wow. What a horrible person!!

Reactions: bailey777
Was told Jay Wright said on the broadcast last night that he was a 'solid no' for UK (or something like that).

Hurley said no. OAtes has said no. As was mentioned, Matt Jones said today that if we don't hear something official from either Ark or UK today, this might not happen after all. He said Calipari might have gotten over his skis in terms of understanding which recruits would go with him, the actual NIL picture at Ark...plus the legal issue with not informing UK he was talking to another school, which he's bound by in his contract.

Kermit Davis (old MTSU and Ole Miss coach) said he knows Billy D really well and though he hadn't spoken to him, said he'd be shocked if he ever coached college again.
Nobody has said no. Mitch hasn't reached out to anyone because Cal hasn't officially left UK. All that's been put out are empty statements that have been put out before.
Trilly Donovan said UK is ready to put OVER 10 million a year for Hurley. Boosters and donors have opened their pocket books.

''I don't give a shit about North Carolina''-Roy Williams
''I won't be alabama's coach''-Nick Saban

Cal signed a 5 year deal with Memphis before he left for UK.

Not just a christian but a fanatical one he claims. Whatever that means.
Read the whole post. You fu$&s misunderstand and go all apeshit about nothing. He’s a faith healer type. Prays in tongues, faints…etc. he’s not your typical Christian. Some people can handle it. Most can’t.

Reactions: nichlee
At least he doesn't want to damn them to Hell. There is that. If you think about it, if there is a Heaven to gain and a Hell to shun then the most loving thing a person can do is to show them their need for salvation. It's not fanatical. It's loving them.
lol Damn them to hell? Yikes, you sound psychotic. You have to believe in hell to damn someone to this mythical place, therefore, only those who believe *cough cough* are the ones doing such damning.

I understand this. What I am saying is non Christian schools can display tolerance. Why did Bobby Bowden get to coach at FSU when he had those beliefs? It's because the school tolerated him. Tolerance is putting up with beliefs you don't believe in because you believe the other person has the right to believe it. So if a school would not hire Scott Drew because of his beliefs do you think that would right or wrong? I would see it as intolerance.
So for example, you agree if someone were to deny hiring or to an even lesser degree, make a cake for someone because of their personal beliefs, that is wrong?

Reactions: nichlee
The fact that Cal hasn’t left yet is that this is a power play on his part and he is trying to shift the balance back to his favor. UK and Cal are beginning to look like the couple that doesn’t get divorced because they can’t (won’t) afford to do so.

This from my buddy who lives in Lexington and claims to be in on talks (I'm not saying he is... but he sure thinks he is):
They want Hurley, but understand UConn is about to give him a huge new deal.
Chris Beard, Sean Miller and Mick Cronin are in the mix. Beard's the top next choice right now, assuming Hurley remains a no. All are the right age and have good profiles.
Sampson and Pearl mid to late 60's and are selling a "coach in waiting" program with their sons. Not attractive. Sr. Pitino is selling his son hard, but the body of work just isn't there.
There's some push for Pope... he could be a fall back.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I just overheard at a Denny's this morning that UK is going to experiment with co-coaches; Stevens & Donovan. I think they got the idea from IU since it worked so well here.

This from my buddy who lives in Lexington and claims to be in on talks (I'm not saying he is... but he sure thinks he is):
They want Hurley, but understand UConn is about to give him a huge new deal.
Chris Beard, Sean Miller and Mick Cronin are in the mix. Beard's the top next choice right now, assuming Hurley remains a no. All are the right age and have good profiles.
Sampson and Pearl mid to late 60's and are selling a "coach in waiting" program with their sons. Not attractive. Sr. Pitino is selling his son hard, but the body of work just isn't there.
There's some push for Pope... he could be a fall back.
False. Hurley is the play, then Oats. Fallback is Scott Drew.

• Haha
Reactions: sellsoap
lol Damn them to hell? Yikes, you sound psychotic. You have to believe in hell to damn someone to this mythical place, therefore, only those who believe *cough cough* are the ones doing such damning.

So for example, you agree if someone were to deny hiring or to an even lesser degree, make a cake for someone because of their personal beliefs, that is wrong?
Hiring a Christian is not the same thing as asking someone to do something against their conscience. Can you force a lesbian baker to make a cake for muslims who hate lesbians? No. But when you are talking about hiring somebody for a job it is far different. Religious beliefs should not be a determining factor.

• Haha
Reactions: YOTHN
Hiring a Christian is not the same thing as asking someone to do something against their conscience. Can you force a lesbian baker to make a cake for muslims who hate lesbians? No. But when you are talking about hiring somebody for a job it is far different. Religious beliefs should not be a determining factor.
Please STFU ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT