ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Woke Up

Is this the weak B10 showing itself, or is UCONN that much better than everyone?

The BIG Tournament champs getting rolled by 30. UConn is ridiculous. Hurley is the best coach in CBB. Just dominate

Reactions: IUgradman
The BIG Tournament champs getting rolled by 30. UConn is ridiculous. Hurley is the best coach in CBB. Just dominate
I would not bet my house on uconn winning it all cause things can happen but man i dont see anyone beating them.

Illinois offensive game plan was awful. Illinois coach was adamant that they challenge Clingan.
Yeah that was kinda dumb. Clingan is a great shot blocker and they literally just kept driving into him over and over trying to get fouls while he just swatted away their shots like nothing. It was like watching someone bang their head against a door over and over. I understand trying to get him in foul trouble but it wasn't working and once UConn started hitting shots it was have over.

When Hurley was pissed heading into halftime of their round of 64 game leading by 30+ I looked at my wife and said they’re going to win again this year

I thought Illinois played very well in the first half and the overall level of play was much higher than by either team in the Alabama vs Clemson game. That being said, UConn took it up a notch or two in the 2nd and Illinois obviously didn't match it.

I think they need more minutes from him to stick with edey
Hurly might play him more but he’s not changing his normal rotation much. They are great at stopping penetration. I’m taking UConn’s guards all day. UConn is top 10 in defense. Purdue is top 100. Offense? Purdue is top 5. UConn is 21st. 2 point difference on total offense. Purdue is good but they have to run Edey 30 minutes plus. I’d argue Purdue would be in greater trouble if Edey gets 2 fouls early.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Hurly might play him more but he’s not changing his normal rotation much. They are great at stopping penetration. I’m taking UConn’s guards all day. UConn is top 10 in defense. Purdue is top 100. Offense? Purdue is top 5. UConn is 21st. 2 point difference on total offense. Purdue is good but they have to run Edey 30 minutes plus. I’d argue Purdue would be in greater trouble if Edey gets 2 fouls early.
I probably would too. But has Edey ever gotten 2 early fouls? Heck, I’m guessing he averages about 2 fouls per game.

Edit: Just looked it up. Edey is the leading fouler on the team at exactly 2.0 personal fouls per game! Not a single other player even averages 2 fouls. Playing the kind of defense they do, how on earth is that possible?

By comparison, we had 4 guys (Ware, MR, MM, X) at 2.0 or higher and another at 1.9 (Cupps).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT