ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN Cancels Season

Last edited:
I follow UCONN because it was my undergrad school. They might have been worse this year than last year. Randy Edsall built that program from nothing to semi respectability once before. Now he's got a year-and-a-half to recruit and put players on weight programs etcetera. I don't know if it's going to be a successful strategy but not playing football this year was their best option. Before this is over they're going to have a lot of company

Reactions: red hornet
Get ready for more imo

just as the Indy 500 said no to fans last minute, expect this to be cancelled last minute

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...s-team-cancel-football-season-due-coronavirus
I honestly don't expect cancelling to be the norm at this point, especially for power 5 programs. Mid majors and lower, then perhaps it will be, but power 5 has way too much money to lose to just give up altogether. If Power 5 absolutely can't play in the fall, every effort will be made to do so in the spring of 2021, and then if they can't play even at that point, then they will cancel altogether. Power 5 schools are waiting for the NCAA or their conference to say no, not the individual school saying no. That's just how it'll go. For instance if IU says no season, and everyone else in the Big Ten plays, IU is out any compensation whatsoever from games and bowls. It's really all or nothing for Power 5 programs.

I honestly don't expect cancelling to be the norm at this point, especially for power 5 programs. Mid majors and lower, then perhaps it will be, but power 5 has way too much money to lose to just give up altogether. If Power 5 absolutely can't play in the fall, every effort will be made to do so in the spring of 2021, and then if they can't play even at that point, then they will cancel altogether. Power 5 schools are waiting for the NCAA or their conference to say no, not the individual school saying no. That's just how it'll go. For instance if IU says no season, and everyone else in the Big Ten plays, IU is out any compensation whatsoever from games and bowls. It's really all or nothing for Power 5 programs.

I agree that they will all sink or swim together. The Big Ten basketball tournament was in full swing until it stopped dead in its tracks. Everything can change in 24 hours

I follow UCONN because it was my undergrad school. They might have been worse this year than last year. Randy Edsall built that program from nothing to semi respectability once before. Now he's got a year-and-a-half to recruit and put players on weight programs etcetera. I don't know if it's going to be a successful strategy but not playing football this year was their best option. Before this is over they're going to have a lot of company

Their radio guy was on an Indy morning drive time show today. He basically said that Pasqualoni and Diaco (and moreso Diaco) just ran the program into the ground. Then Edsall shows back up with a my way or the highway approach and a lot of kids chose the highway. Those things combined with the schedule fiasco and safety questions made not playing a no brainer.

Last edited:
I wonder how Notre Dame keeps its schedule?
Because the ACC caved to them after years of trying to get them to join but ND refused because they are special and above playing football in a silly conference.
Of course until they have no choice and the ACC obliged them.
But of course when things get back to normal they will drop the ACC quicker than you can say entitled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT