ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA is likely bottom-3 in the B1G this year, BUT

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
that doesn't take anything away from how competent our program looks and how thoroughly we won a conference road game.

I was waiting for this 'test' before getting my hopes up, but this win, paired with Maryland looking 'meh' thus far, has me juiced about a potential battle of 6-0 teams on October 19th. At minimum, the Maryland game should have some juice to it for our fans and we should have a nice crowd (that stays the whole game). Let's just hope that's not a noon kickoff.

Special teams is still a mystery, IMO. Not sure we'll know much about that aspect of the team until Maryland and beyond.

They may be in the bottom of BIG but we did just kick their ass in every phase of the game on the road. That was impressive
Can’t be any worse than the Boilers, right? Frankly, UCLA has some talent and good athletes on their roster. They seem mistake prone and not well organized. First time coach will take time.

Can’t be any worse than the Boilers, right? Frankly, UCLA has some talent and good athletes on their roster. They seem mistake prone and not well organized. First time coach will take time.
I expect ucla to finish near the bottom of the conference but no, they aren’t worse than the boilers. No one is worse than the boilers.

that doesn't take anything away from how competent our program looks and how thoroughly we won a conference road game.

I was waiting for this 'test' before getting my hopes up, but this win, paired with Maryland looking 'meh' thus far, has me juiced about a potential battle of 6-0 teams on October 19th. At minimum, the Maryland game should have some juice to it for our fans and we should have a nice crowd (that stays the whole game). Let's just hope that's not a noon kickoff.

Special teams is still a mystery, IMO. Not sure we'll know much about that aspect of the team until Maryland and beyond.
If we are 4-0 going into Maryland, I sure hope the stadium is a sell out. School is in session, it would be win #5, team and staff deserve the applause, and we would be one win away from a bowl with 7 games left.

Two of 3 games where we had a kick out of bounds. Got to fix that. Also, I’m all for creating plays but the number of guys I see taking the ball 2 yard deep in the endzone on kick returns and deciding to bring it out AND not even making the 20 yard line is nuts. Too many guys that want the highlight reel. The odds are stacked against it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT