ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra Buss is dead to me

I'm sure she enjoyed all the attention. Her fiancé's team won and he had a great game. They probably both got laid last night in celebration, end of story, last laugh.

They didn't show her mug on the overhead, hanging Jumbotron device like they did for Cody Zeller. This was boy's night out.

Her fiance is the type of player IU lacks. Galloway has the attitude, but not the shooting skills. I'm hoping he develops to be that kind of player. Maybe he could find a Whisky girlfriend?

They will certainly have children that will be the bane of IU.
Davison is not a good shooter except from behind the arc. He's under 40% this year but from 3PT range at 35% this year and 36% for his career. Whereas Galloway is shooting 48% this year but only 26% from 3PT.

I'm sure she enjoyed all the attention. Her fiancé's team won and he had a great game. They probably both got laid last night in celebration, end of story, last laugh.

They didn't show her mug on the overhead, hanging Jumbotron device like they did for Cody Zeller. This was boy's night out.
If they saw her shirt she would have gotten booed. Would not have been right for the school to do that either.

Reactions: jmix
The all time Indiana women’s basketball player is wearing a Wisky sweatshirt and talking shit to the student section cause they chanted airball after an airball. She’s also marrying down. I realize this post is petty af, but I don’t care.
Pretty much the last thing I care about is her.

I get what you are saying, but there is a difference in the fact that her current BF (fiancé) is an actual player that she was supporting. I mean, I still wouldn't wear the opponents shirt where I had played, but I don't fault her for cheering for him. To each their own.
Of course, she is going to to cheer for him (despite the fact he is a 24 karat asshole). Just wear his jersey and nobody says shit.
Simple

Reactions: wi_hoosier and mk24
If my son played for Purdue I would probably cheer for his success over IU, to be honest. I wouldn't wear Purdue gear though. Probably cause a rash.

I would do everything I could to head that off. Go somewhere else!

Seriously...my son at one time wanted to be an engineer, isn't an athlete, and quite logically Purdue was on his list

But he got into Cornell, which is better and isn't butt-ugly either. But he left engineering for pure math.

Reactions: mk24
I think Niele wears Purdue gear when she is in attendance. I wonder if athletes just have a different opinion about it.

The all time Indiana women’s basketball player is wearing a Wisky sweatshirt and talking shit to the student section cause they chanted airball after an airball. She’s also marrying down. I realize this post is petty af, but I don’t care.
She played her heart ♥️ out for IU , You act like the Whale sperm you are!

If my son played for Purdue I would probably cheer for his success over IU, to be honest. I wouldn't wear Purdue gear though. Probably cause a rash.

I would do everything I could to head that off. Go somewhere else!

Seriously...my son at one time wanted to be an engineer, isn't an athlete, and quite logically Purdue was on his list

But he got into Cornell, which is better and isn't butt-ugly either. But he left engineering for pure math.
As many here know, my middle child went to PU for a specific major. I went to several FB and BB games over those four years, and I wore a PU sweatshirt each time with the exception of when they played IU, and then I wore my IU gear. My kid would have been disappointed in me had I not.

Had they played a sport for pu and were playing in Btown, I would have worn their jersey for that game to support them. Had Tyra done that she could have retained the support she enjoyed from Indiana nation.

She is from Wisconsin. She is a hick.
She went to HS in Mt Carmel Illinois , where her dad was the boys coach , and took Mt. Carmel to runner up in the state tourney . Did they move to Wisky , and I thought she was an assistant at unv Evansville. I agree she should support her fiancé , but if I was her I would have done it in a more discreet manor . It’s bad to make enemies of people of supported you as a player . Not real smart move on her part .

Reactions: Bill4411 and mk24
She went to HS in Mt Carmel Illinois , where her dad was the boys coach , and took Mt. Carmel to runner up in the state tourney . Did they move to Wisky , and I thought she was an assistant at unv Evansville. I agree she should support her fiancé , but if I was her I would have done it in a more discreet manor . It’s bad to make enemies of people of supported you as a player . Not real smart move on her part .
She's not the devil, but it was a dumb move on her part. She should have just worn a red shirt, and no one would have noticed. She grew up in Mt. Carmel about ten miles from where I live. Her brothers helped her develop her basketball skills. She was a high school phenom, and an ego to go with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mk24 and brebelle3
I get what you are saying, but there is a difference in the fact that her current BF (fiancé) is an actual player that she was supporting. I mean, I still wouldn't wear the opponents shirt where I had played, but I don't fault her for cheering for him. To each their own.
Absolutely she should cheer for him. It's mostly the decision to wear the shirt, but I still think I'd cheer for my fiance to do well, but for my alma mater to win.

Absolutely she should cheer for him. It's mostly the decision to wear the shirt, but I still think I'd cheer for my fiance to do well, but for my alma mater to win.
The part about flipping off her home crowd probably didn’t help

If they saw her shirt she would have gotten booed. Would not have been right for the school to do that either.
I see no problem with putting IU basketball passion on display for all the world to see. She was in enemy attire. Teach her a lesson in decorum. How smart can she really be if this was something more than just a Millennial fart?

Reactions: kkott
If people had just ignored her none of that crap would’ve happened.
She wanted the attention and knew that wearing Wisconsin gear would piss people off.l,just let her be.
She baited the crowd and they took it hook line and sinker,which she was certain they would.

Very few would have recognized her. I know i didn't.
Hell, my brother didn't recognize Cody Zeller close cup mug shot. When I told him who it was through the erupted crowd noise, he thought I said, "Fuzzy" and got confused for a second.

I did not attend the Purdue game, but of the 4-5 I've been to, this was by far the most engaged crowd. It was fun to be there, as disappointing (there we go again) as it was expected and proved to be, much to our frustration. The crowd left feeling like Bob Knight in the interrupted show with Chuck Marlowe, one of many we never get tired of seeing.

Did that really happen? Have not seen that elsewhere and we did not go down for the game.
Not sure. One of the post game stories I read mentioned students chanting something towards Davidson. They didn’t say what it was, but I doubt if it was something like air ball that it would have ended up in an article.

Edit: with link

“hostile chants”

I can't fault her for rooting for her guy!

Reactions: LetsGoRed!
She wanted the attention and knew that wearing Wisconsin gear would piss people off.l,just let her be.
She baited the crowd and they took it hook line and sinker,which she was certain they would.
I did not pay attention to her in the least but I did hear her talk for a second. She sounds ruff.

see? She is learning something from her fiance!

Got into a little Twitter spat with her a few years ago when I tweeted something about one of our defensive backs getting burned time and again. She thought nobody should ever be critical of a player. I can attest she’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

lol you sound like such an overly emotional Karen with that post. 🤣 The student was probably saying way worse stuff than just chanting "airball". God forbid she stick up for her fiance.

“I have heard her speak and she’s gotten worse since dating Davison” - is that a compliment you dumbass? And she’s one of your own and you treat her like shit. Typical southern white trash response.
What do you expect? Indinia's fan base still worships Bob Knight to this day (even though he hates IU and never returned to IU until he was in his 80s and probably wasn't aware of where he was at the moment. Did you see how he reacted to seeing his long time friend Dicky V? Didn't even recognize him. sad as hell)

Hey, maybe someone should introduce her to Aaron Rodgers! He's available now, I hear.

They both live and work in Wisconsin. Sounds like Rodgers and Buss would be a perfect match.

She is now an Asst at UW-MKE.

No. Your alma mater is your alma mater and you support that school regardless. I f'ing hate UNC, but I've dated 3 women, including my current GF, who are Tar Heels and it provides fun banter and rivalry to not only worry about your team's outcomes, but have fun playful banter with their team. No f'ing way a year or two removed from playing and attending, would I be wearing an opponent's shirt in Assembly Hall. It's unthinkable.

My GF could be Dean Smith's granddaughter, and if we went to their suite for an IU v UNC game, I'm wearing Cream and Crimson, it's not even a thought.
Even if she had just worn a neutral color. I agree it was over the top.

Reactions: kmathum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT