ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra Buss is dead to me

Who gives a flip what she says or does?
It goes both ways,I’m sure the students,etc were on her bad.
Be the bigger person and ignore it.

One trick pony- that girl was sweet and the only reason you mock her is because she dates a player on a different team. That’s ****ing pitiful. Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful.
No. Your alma mater is your alma mater and you support that school regardless. I f'ing hate UNC, but I've dated 3 women, including my current GF, who are Tar Heels and it provides fun banter and rivalry to not only worry about your team's outcomes, but have fun playful banter with their team. No f'ing way a year or two removed from playing and attending, would I be wearing an opponent's shirt in Assembly Hall. It's unthinkable.

My GF could be Dean Smith's granddaughter, and if we went to their suite for an IU v UNC game, I'm wearing Cream and Crimson, it's not even a thought.

Who gives a flip what she says or does?
It goes both ways,I’m sure the students,etc were on her bad.
Be the bigger person and ignore it.
It only goes both ways because it's so f'd. You don't wear your opponents shirt to a game at your alma mater. I hope they were on her worse than bad.

Reactions: mk24
No. Your alma mater is your alma mater and you support that school regardless. I f'ing hate UNC, but I've dated 3 women, including my current GF, who are Tar Heels and it provides fun banter and rivalry to not only worry about your team's outcomes, but have fun playful banter with their team. No f'ing way a year or two removed from playing and attending, would I be wearing an opponent's shirt in Assembly Hall. It's unthinkable.

My GF could be Dean Smith's granddaughter, and if we went to their suite for an IU v UNC game, I'm wearing Cream and Crimson, it's not even a thought.
She got the reaction she wanted out of this so that’s that. Maybe she misses the attention of being a player.

The all time Indiana women’s basketball player is wearing a Wisky sweatshirt and talking shit to the student section cause they chanted airball after an airball. She’s also marrying down. I realize this post is petty af, but I don’t care.
Love makes you do stupid things like agreeing to a proposal from Brad Davison. If she takes his name then forever she will have to correct people who call her Davidson. What kind of Davidson doesn't have a D in the middle? Weird.

Love makes you do stupid things like agreeing to a proposal from Brad Davison. If she takes his name then forever she will have to correct people who call her Davidson. What kind of Davidson doesn't have a D in the middle? Weird.
Overall, I think it's a cool story: 2 good and dedicated players support one another and find a common bond and love. But, dissing your alma mater over it is unthinkable.

One of the articles I read mentioned some unsavory chants the student section had against Davidson (they didn’t say what, it had to be more than air ball though).

I didn’t even know who she was before last night. And in a week I won’t remember who she is. A year from now I won’t remember her fiancé either other than perhaps as that short MFer who always instigated shit and played on the edge of dirty for Wisconsin.

She would have been a lot smarter had she worn his jersey clearly supporting him rather than a generic wal mart whisky sweatshirt

I suspect she regrets that

She would have been a lot smarter had she worn his jersey clearly supporting him rather than a generic wal mart whisky sweatshirt

I suspect she regrets that
I don’t disagree with you but everyone also needs to remember that she is from Wisconsin and grew up a fan of UW. She went to IU so obviously a fan of them too but she would probably already have divided loyalty without the fact that her future husband is playing for UW. Seems like most reasonable people would root for their husbands team / childhood team for the one game. Especially when UW gave her the tickets.

I don’t disagree with you but everyone also needs to remember that she is from Wisconsin and grew up a fan of UW. She went to IU so obviously a fan of them too but she would probably already have divided loyalty without the fact that her future husband is playing for UW. Seems like most reasonable people would root for their husbands team / childhood team for the one game. Especially when UW gave her the tickets.
She is from Wisconsin? She went to high school in Illinois near Evansville.

Since when is she from Wisconsin? She was from Mt. Carmel, IL, which is pretty much Southern Indiana.
Her father is from the Wisconsin Dells region where they still have lots of family ties. Her folks have always been Wisconsin fans or so an article said. Davidson is a lucky man...for the time being anyway. Everyone is star-struck starting out. Whether or not they can be "long haulers" in the elusive space-time warp of Einstein's mental meltdown remains to be seen.

Nope. UW gave her the tickets? Let's see, what did IU give her? Oh yeah, a full scholarship and presumably a degree and likely the most formative years of her life that helped create a beautiful young woman that BD could fall in love with! You support your fiance and your alma mater... no big deal, you don't change who you are.

What if your girlfriend is actually on the court and playing for the other team.

Personally, I don't think I would have made the choice she did and ESPN focusing on her got annoying...but that is on ESPN. They have turned that network into "all the stories around the game" and oh yeah, there is a game too. It is the same philosophy as the Olympics broadcast. If they could fit it in, ESPN would love to give you a video montage of the Buss/Davison love story to segue into the game. That is not easy to do with a live basketball game. So instead you get an interview with the girl. Make her prominent on TV. Bring attention to the fanbase that she is there by sticking an interviewer and camera in her face.

I get where she is coming from to a degree, but it kind of went over like bringing your new husband over to meet your ex-in-laws.

Edit to add: And really it is no skin off our nose. I don't know the girl and could really give two shits who she marries. This is mostly us being butthurt because Wisconsin keeps beating us and our experience with her fiance is that he is a dirty player who we hate.

I never watched a game she played in and if you did not point her out, I could not tell her apart from any other young, above average attractive blonde girl. So at the end of the day, who cares.

If people are being tongue in cheek and blowing her crap that’s fine. But this idea of some kind of personality disorder because she roots for a different team is wrong. I went to every single Crossroads Classic and a significant number of families were House Divided types. The idea I’d choose a mate based on who she supports in CBB is laughable.

Reactions: jwardelt
What if your girlfriend is actually on the court and playing for the other team.

Personally, I don't think I would have made the choice she did and ESPN focusing on her got annoying...but that is on ESPN. They have turned that network into "all the stories around the game" and oh yeah, there is a game too. It is the same philosophy as the Olympics broadcast. If they could fit it in, ESPN would love to give you a video montage of the Buss/Davison love story to segue into the game. That is not easy to do with a live basketball game. So instead you get an interview with the girl. Make her prominent on TV. Bring attention to the fanbase that she is there by sticking an interviewer and camera in her face.

I get where she is coming from to a degree, but it kind of went over like bringing your new husband over to meet your ex-in-laws.

Edit to add: And really it is no skin off our nose. I don't know the girl and could really give two shits who she marries. This is mostly us being butthurt because Wisconsin keeps beating us and our experience with her fiance is that he is a dirty player who we hate.

I never watched a game she played in and if you did not point her out, I could not tell her apart from any other young, above average attractive blonde girl. So at the end of the day, who cares.
Well, If I was her, I'd wear an IU shirt and BD or WI #34 button or something. If I were a hot girl like her, I'd wear UW panties... and show him I support him AFTER the game.

If people are being tongue in cheek and blowing her crap that’s fine. But this idea of some kind of personality disorder because she roots for a different team is wrong. I went to every single Crossroads Classic and a significant number of families were House Divided types. The idea I’d choose a mate based on who she supports in CBB is laughable.
exactly, which is why you support your team, and your spouse, fiance or BF/GF. Where they went to school is no big deal. I don't expect my GF to become an IU fan overnight, and I certainly am not becoming a Tar Heel.

Well, If I was her, I'd wear an IU shirt and BD or WI #34 button or something. If I were a hot girl like her, I'd wear UW panties... and show him I support him AFTER the game.
Yeah, I would not have gone about it the same way but the main reason anyone cares is because we find ourselves in Groundhog Day again with this program.

Yeah, I would not have gone about it the same way but the main reason anyone cares is because we find ourselves in Groundhog Day again with this program.
It is certainly a factor, but I'd have hated to see it regardless. I don't know why, but that just really bothers me.

It pisses you off that she dates a guy who just kicked your ass. Jeebus - most of you would hack your right arm off to have her speak to you.
I understand why you'd say that, but attractive girls aren't that rare in Bloomington and it's not that big a deal to actually speak to them, go out with them or even marry them!

I understand why you'd say that, but attractive girls aren't that rare in Bloomington and it's not that big a deal to actually speak to them, go out with them or even marry them!
I said most here . Not you obviously as you more than likely have beautiful women dying for just a glance from you.😂. Thinking more along the lines of the Nosense types. 😉

.but that is on ESPN. They have turned that network into "all the stories around the game" and oh yeah, there is a game too. It is the same philosophy as the Olympics broadcast. If they could fit it in, ESPN would love to give you a video montage of the Buss/Davison love story to segue into the game.
Broadcast journalists picked up this trend shortly after People Magazine started showing up in every doctor's waiting room, dog-eared for days. It's because the stories are timeless. Only the names change. It's the more generalized human interest story they're using to attract wider attention, producing more advertising dollars.. It's all about the numbers now. Remember when Sports Illustrated switched format to include more of the "People" angle to it? It coincided to the time issues got thinner. Journalists have sold out, just like all but a few of the other professions.

Something made me take pause last night at the game. A public address announcement was made that everyone inside Assembly Hall was required to wear a mask. A loud chorus of "BOO-O-O's" followed. Something is rotten in Bloom...excuse me, Denmark.

Some fans around us were pretty pissed in their vocalizations...older guys. If we extend our losing streak to 6 games on Senior Day, the Hall could get a bit surly I think. It may not end well.

Reactions: IUCrazy2 and mk24
Broadcast journalists picked up this trend shortly after People Magazine started showing up in every doctor's waiting room, dog-eared for days. It's because the stories are timeless. Only the names change. It's the more generalized human interest story they're using to attract wider attention, producing more advertising dollars.. It's all about the numbers now. Remember when Sports Illustrated switched format to include more of the "People" angle to it? It coincided to the time issues got thinner. Journalists have sold out, just like all but a few of the other professions.

Something made me take pause last night at the game. A public address announcement was made that everyone inside Assembly Hall was required to wear a mask. A loud chorus of "BOO-O-O's" followed. Something is rotten in Bloom...excuse me, Denmark.

Some fans around us were pretty pissed in their vocalizations...older guys. If we extend our losing streak to 6 games on Senior Day, the Hall could get a bit surly I think. It may not end well.
Most arenas have given up for the same reasons. I still wear mine, but the percentages are getting smaller every game.

I get what you are saying, but there is a difference in the fact that her current BF (fiancé) is an actual player that she was supporting. I mean, I still wouldn't wear the opponents shirt where I had played, but I don't fault her for cheering for him. To each their own.

Could have avoided all the drama if she had worn a Packers jersey or something else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT