ADVERTISEMENT

Two very winnable games left

Hard to see a way that IU could string together 60 minutes of O and D to win over either remaining foe.

Minny may be senior day so there may be some emotion there but Minny will run, run, and run some more.

Purdue is the bucket so this is all emotion but that is why the Rutgers loss is so impacted as it may have zapped all the emotion out of the team. So Purdue will pass like they have not passed before and look to hang more than 500 yards on IU... just not sure which quarter it will happen.

Don't know about Minny but there's no way this bunch can beat Purdoodoo... this team is beyond awful.

Hard to see a way that IU could string together 60 minutes of O and D to win over either remaining foe.

Minny may be senior day so there may be some emotion there but Minny will run, run, and run some more.

Purdue is the bucket so this is all emotion but that is why the Rutgers loss is so impacted as it may have zapped all the emotion out of the team. So Purdue will pass like they have not passed before and look to hang more than 500 yards on IU... just not sure which quarter it will happen.
The bucket makes me nervous because anything can happen in a rivalry game.

Unless PU turns it over early for some very short fields, ala Lagow for IU in both ‘16 and ‘17, to get IU on the board early, don’t see IU being able to hang. This O is beyond atrocious. Even if the D can keep things respectable, I’ve seen nothing to suggest this Current O can sustain a drive for more than a couple first downs. Hope they can surprise me.

As for this week vs Minny? Tanner Morgan hasn’t been good throwing the ball in 2 years, but Gophs may not throw a pass all game…and still win going away.

It's hard to get to the point that you are so bad that you can't win a football game, but I think our offense is there. The odds of them scoring on anybody at this point is very low.

Reactions: Skiporshki
Brohmbardi is due for a turd performance. He's dropped at least 1 every year and hasn't yet in 2021. Chances are it will happen in 2 weeks.

Brohmbardi is due for a turd performance. He's dropped at least 1 every year and hasn't yet in 2021. Chances are it will happen in 2 weeks.
Illinois was definitely a turd performance. The difference was that Bulimia took an even larger dump and gifted Brohmbardi a win. PUke also sucked a$$ v. Minnesota.

However, I think he could empty every livestock barn on campus and we couldn't muster enough points to win. I would say he could beat us playing the cheerleaders but hell, those big ol' corn-fed gals could put a beatdown on a lot of teams.

Illinois was definitely a turd performance. The difference was that Bulimia took an even larger dump and gifted Brohmbardi a win. PUke also sucked a$$ v. Minnesota.

However, I think he could empty every livestock barn on campus and we couldn't muster enough points to win. I would say he could beat us playing the cheerleaders but hell, those big ol' corn-fed gals could put a beatdown on a lot of teams.
I always wondered why Purdue could never field a decent line on either side of the ball with aaaallllll corn-fed bovine babes they have roaming the campus.

Most Purdue fans would consider the Minnesota game the turd game of the year from Brohm.

Purdue vs Minnesota
Total Yards: 448 vs. 294
Time of Possession: 33:22 vs 26:38
1st Downs: 28 vs. 12
Less penalties
Better 3rd / 4th down efficiency
Held Minnie to 125 yards rushing

But.....
2 turnovers vs 0.

Final score: Minnesota 20, Purdue 13.

Most Purdue fans would consider the Minnesota game the turd game of the year from Brohm.

Purdue vs Minnesota
Total Yards: 448 vs. 294
Time of Possession: 33:22 vs 26:38
1st Downs: 28 vs. 12
Less penalties
Better 3rd / 4th down efficiency
Held Minnie to 125 yards rushing

But.....
2 turnovers vs 0.

Final score: Minnesota 20, Purdue 13.
Purdue had two overthrown TD's as well. Complete turd of a performance. Talent level and experience is increasing at Purdue. Good defensive staff. That has really helped. Finally getting through the rebuild.

Nah, those are standard Brombardi games. Besides, Minnesota is bowl eligible and Illinois is close.

A turd would be a loss to someone who is either G5, or a terrible non-bowl eligible team. IIRC, he's lost to Eastern Michigan, Nevada, the fighting Lovie Smith's, Chris Ash at Rutgers, etc, etc.

I predict they lose 1 of the next 2 in a classic Brohmbardi turd. Preferably the 2nd of the two.

Reactions: Wow are you ok
IU is likely too beaten down both physically and emotionally to win either game, but who knows. Minny is beatable as is PU and perhaps there is some motivation there based on losing last year's 95% shot at another I on the chain.

Welcome to the club! You'll find we're lots of fun drinking together when we get surly, usually starting shortly after kickoff and continuing late into Saturday night.
My liver got plenty of practice during the hazell years. Haha

Personally, I don't see how we can lose 38-3 to Rutgers, at home, and say Minnesota and Purdue are winnable games. But that's just me, I guess......

Reactions: grammy2 and bang63
Every game is "winnable" of course as that is why you play the game as anything can happen.

But to state with a high degree of confidence that you will beat your two remaining foes when a BigTen win has escaped you all season seems perplexing to me. Something would have needed to change for that level of optimism to return so what has changed?

However, there is always hope and upsets happen all the time as Purdue has had our fair share of them this year so support your team till the whistle blows is probably the right attitude .

Every game is "winnable" of course as that is why you play the game as anything can happen.

But to state with a high degree of confidence that you will beat your two remaining foes when a BigTen win has escaped you all season seems perplexing to me. Something would have needed to change for that level of optimism to return so what has changed?

However, there is always hope and upsets happen all the time as Purdue has had our fair share of them this year so support your team till the whistle blows is probably the right attitude .
I'm confused by your last sentence. If you are saying Purdue has had their fair share of upsets, maybe? I don't really see Iowa and msu as being much better than Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT