ADVERTISEMENT

Two articles on the current makeup of the TEAM

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
These may shed some light on who we'll go after in the Portal...

Should be an interesting next few weeks...

Looks like we have 7 scholarships to work with...

Here's my preferences:

2 DT's, 2 ILB's 1 OLB, 1 FS, 1 C/G

I think I saw Matt Millen say 'receiver'. j/k

Looks pretty good. I'm not as sour on the ability on the defense, (I even like the FCS guy Doss at possible safety. Small but fast and hits.) so maybe another O-line/TE, maybe another 'stud' (buffalo), to cover LB and DE. But need depth.

Since every other team needs the DT, and many need LB, everyone in the portal is going to be gone or highly priced.

I'm happy with the team anyway. Due to what seems to be a solid staff and importantly, solid plans.

Will be fun to see who sees the light and joins the Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Agreed. We're going to find out if Kuntz is an adequate DT teacher/motivator or if he is capable of coaching a collective to over achievement. For a hell of a good season I sure hope he is more of the 2nd. Maybe Haines has a wrinkle or 2 that can help support the middle of the DL. Adding at least 1 new decent DT wouldn't hurt.

I'm guessing Coaches Haines & Kuntz will bring in the best fit & best players for the DL & LB. Getting Carpenter back will be a huge help in the trenches, & Walker at LB. Let's just add some studs in there if possible.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

Here's my preferences:

I would go with fewer LBs and more DTs and maybe an edge rusher

If we don't get another Big Ugly for the DL, maybe they can talk Cooper Jones into moving back over to the defense. He already has the playing background there, since he was moved over to OL last Spring. Iirc, he was a highly touted DE coming out of HS. If he is just deep depth for OL, this might be his chance to see the field and help contribute.

Here's my preferences:

I'd like to see another TE. Horton's good, but the other guys are just other guys.

Reactions: OpenWheels
We have quite a bit of TE depth (at least bodies if not in talent). I would be surprised if we picked up anyone else unless we have more departures there.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT