ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says IU vs ND home and home scheduled. Nt

Notre Dame has a lot of teams willing to get on their schedule. They likely have a better option for more national exposure playing teams around the country vs playing in-state foes like Indiana or Purdue. No matter the case, I don't think we should go 40 years between playing each other.

It would be nice to ruin ND's season before it starts though.

Exciting news I just wanted to see them play before I turn 75 but even then I plan on watching the gams.

Reactions: 76-1
Outstanding series for our program. Great job by our athletic administration in getting it done. I remember attending that game way back when I was young. Not sure how I got them but had tickets on the field in the end zone. Real cool to be at field level. Incredible atmosphere early on when the game was competitive. Unfortunately, ND was the better team on that particular day.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Outstanding series for our program. Great job by our athletic administration in getting it done. I remember attending that game way back when I was young. Not sure how I got them but had tickets on the field in the end zone. Real cool to be at field level. Incredible atmosphere early on when the game was competitive. Unfortunately, ND was the better team on that particular day.

I was a part time Lou Holtz and ND fan until that game... Holtz purposely ran it up by throwing to his monster TE on go patterns in the last 3 minutes just because he could... I've enjoyed every loss they've ever had from that point on...

They were the better team that year but Holtz didn't need to do that...

That..., mixed with the insufferable arrogance of ND fans that I've run across over the years has turned me off forever for rooting for those jackasses... (the Only exceptions would be when they play p u or "the" o$u)...

*Yes..., I Do hold a grudge...😉😎

Might have been the hottest game I’ve been to as a fan. Trent Green got ND off to a fast start with a pick 6 on IU’s first possession, but after that IU played a good first half. I think even taking a small lead in Q2. Probably down less than a TD at half. 2nd half was all ND. This game was also ND’s very first game on NBC with their ground breaking TV contract that the rest of CFB, ABC, ESPN and CBS were not happy about. Hard to believe it’s been 30 years. Getting old.

I believe ND hasn’t played at IU since losing in the early 50’s. I’m surprised they are coming in the future. Figured this series would have been 1 at ND; 1 at Lucas Oil. Good for us. Hope it actually happens.

My step-dad secured tickets to the IU-ND game in 1991. He told me we had to go pick up three tickets over at Audubon Country Club in Louisville. We walked into the clubhouse, went into the card room and Paul Hornung stands up and produces the tickets out of his suit pocket.

My step-dad and his family had been long-time members at Audubon. We owe them!!

Might have been the hottest game I’ve been to as a fan. Trent Green got ND off to a fast start with a pick 6 on IU’s first possession, but after that IU played a good first half. I think even taking a small lead in Q2. Probably down less than a TD at half. 2nd half was all ND. This game was also ND’s very first game on NBC with their ground breaking TV contract that the rest of CFB, ABC, ESPN and CBS were not happy about. Hard to believe it’s been 30 years. Getting old.

I believe ND hasn’t played at IU since losing in the early 50’s. I’m surprised they are coming in the future. Figured this series would have been 1 at ND; 1 at Lucas Oil. Good for us. Hope it actually happens.
I was sitting very low and had a hard time seeing over the band which was on field level.
My most vivid memory was the ND tight end who carried three defenders on his back about 30 yards for a TD.

We had shitty seats right above the tunnel, like two rows above. I remember watching the teams come out and IU had maybe ten athletes and a bunch of fat guys. ND came out and their entire team looked like out ten athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT