ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker to IU!

I would much rather MR play the 5 then have another year of two big men clogging the paint. It's 2024 and that doesn't win games that matter.

IU needs a solid backup big to spell him and two dynamic guards. If Mgbako comes back to play the 4 and those two things happen then Indiana might be okay next year.
MR should not be playing the five and MM should not be playing the four. They are both out of position in those spots.

MR should not be playing the five and MM should not be playing the four. They are both out of position in those spots.
Well where in the hell else are they going to play? MM is far to slow defensively to play the 3 and MR is a 6"9 back to the basket player. You can't have more than one of those on the court at once in 2024 or the paint gets clogged.

Those are and should be their positions if IU wants to be successful.

Reactions: nichlee and speroni
u-t-FLzWfB0pjiiN5yv5jH1-cH7uSiK7Pi37cPULLoZduyb-eAqFY_pjxLFl15GCLQPi8gMxbyKuwOcijHGY_dpEtpvK3i5DbBHuVqVLxQexzYasbVsTFQgeK4MUti0qjGPs_nponDFhOixLApd_b0gyehAp
I was ON the internet, ****face

MM is out of position at the 3. He is a college 4.

MR is a 4.5. He can't play outside to be a 4 and not a rim protector as a 5.

So MM at 4 and MR at 5 is less out of position than 3 and 4

Reactions: nichlee and T.M.P.

Why is he a college 4? I don't really see it. Eye test tells me he's way more perimeter guy than interior.

He may be a 4 but I dont think he wants to play the 4 imo. He wants to play the 3 if he wants to play in the NBA, but thats just my opionion. I think he wants to play on the perimeter.

He may be a 4 but I dont think he wants to play the 4 imo. He wants to play the 3 if he wants to play in the NBA, but thats just my opionion. I think he wants to play on the perimeter.
Yea....we want him on the perimeter as well...as a 4. Hoping to actually see 4 out, 1 in

He has trouble guarding faster 3s so defensively works better as a 4 as well.

Wouldn't shock me if the nba put him as a 4 lol. Plus I don't think playing college 4 would hinder him being an NBA 3. They will test his athleticism regardless and he will be placed where they see fit

Last edited:
Reactions: nichlee
The 4 in college is IS a perimeter player, at least it is for good teams.

Versatile face up 4 is his best role at the college level.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The 4 in college is IS a perimeter player, at least it is for good teams.

Versatile face up 4 is his best role at the college level.
In 4 or 5 out guys need to shoot and then drive quick enough to get guys on their hip. MM can do that. They don’t really play position anymore doing that. So a 4 is a 3 still. That’s why I think Tucker and MM can easily be on the floor together.

Well where in the hell else are they going to play? MM is far to slow defensively to play the 3 and MR is a 6"9 back to the basket player. You can't have more than one of those on the court at once in 2024 or the paint gets clogged.

Those are and should be their positions if IU wants to be successful.
You can play a mobile rim protecting center that doesn’t play offense with his back to the basket. Many teams are using their center for screening, passing, cutting, and shooting from the perimeter.

In 4 or 5 out guys need to shoot and then drive quick enough to get guys on their hip. MM can do that. They don’t really play position anymore doing that. So a 4 is a 3 still. That’s why I think Tucker and MM can easily be on the floor together.
Of course, that was my point.

You can play a mobile rim protecting center that doesn’t play offense with his back to the basket. Many teams are using their center for screening, passing, cutting, and shooting from the perimeter.
Do "many" teams play multiple bigs at once that can't shoot?

Or better yet good teams?

In a vacuum, no one is criticizing this signing, that would be stupid.

It’s simply more evidence of Woodson not understanding roster construction and/ or modern day college basketball. That is unless every scouting report on the kid is wrong.

One of our problems was having a guy who could get his own shot. Nobody could do it except maybe Galloway, and he struggled with that.

This kid can create his own shot with pull ups, turn around, fade aways. You name it. So Woody got that need cleared up.

Now with the remaining schollies, Woody should find 3-4 shooters. Let's allow him to finish out the roster before criticizing him.

Reactions: asindc
Why is he a college 4? I don't really see it. Eye test tells me he's way more perimeter guy than interior.
Tucker apparently shoots from the elbow and takes it down the lane. MR camps out underneath. The last thing we need is a 4 playing primarily in, and clogging up, the interior.
Would like to see us pay a really good PG and a really good SG to start along with Tucker, MM and MR.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT