ADVERTISEMENT

Try That In a Small Town

Brother, we’ve talked, you should know I love you!
We want to be left alone. We go out of our way to let people be, but… THEY are poking our hornets nest, at 9am on a sunny day. There’s only one way they will learn , get stung! 100 times, .223 stinger. My brother wasp has 50 cal stinger from WAAAAY over >>>> there, that stings for… well actually they never feel it. There are 500,000 stingers within 5 mile radius of me.
There’s not enough benedryl if they “try that in a small town”.
Signed, gravy seal with 5,000 stingers to date and building.
If I were to shoot a looter it's because I want free stuff too but for less effort. So I'll make sure they have what I'm looking for.

BREAKING NEWS:

Jason Aldean would like to officially thank all the libs for the free publicity!
He is on tour and currently laughing all the way to the bank.
WGAFF he's a talentless performing clown ...

Last edited:
Reactions: hookyIU1990
I watched about half of it. It’s pretty unimaginative stuff. For the most part, he might’ve just pulled some posts from this board and mashed them up into a “song.”
lol ... He doesn't write his own shit ...

You have to remember something, this guy isn't a musician, he's a Nashville employee .. what he performs isn't art, it's him doing a job.

Meaning he doesn't dress himself, he doesn't write lyrics or compose music, he doesn't pick the songs to play, he doesn't arrange and if he doesn't smile enough he gets fined...

He's a talentless poser clown act that has maybe 3 credits to his name .. probably done as a favor.

You have to remember something, this guy isn't a musician, he's a Nashville employee .. what he performs isn't art, it's him doing a job.

Meaning he doesn't dress himself, he doesn't write lyrics or compose music, he doesn't pick the songs to play, he doesn't arrange and if he doesn't smile enough he gets fined...

He's a talentless poser clown act that has maybe 3 credits to his name .. probably done as a favor.
That kind of makes it even worse. Someone was paid to write that song. I think the top is is ridiculous, but that aside, it’s just a bad song with lazy/bad song writing.

Can you explain how these guys get selected? I've always been curious how some of these stooges have gotten famous.

So much bro country are guys who sucked at other stuff and will do anything to be a celebrity.

It’s especially cool that the guy playing when the worst mass shooting in the US occurred is now putting out a song talking about shooting people. Yee haw, Murica!
It's partly about don't bring your violence to the small towns. You need to read into things. It's a warning.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Jerks hold a violent protest, burning stuf, beating people, shooting, attacking cops

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - yay!

Guy writes a song protesting the violence -and suggesting it would not happen in a small town, where the typicaldumbassliberal would get an #asswhopping so doesn’t have the courage to try that stupiddumbassliberal stuff

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - “boo - we don't like your violence

I have no problem with people who dislike both sets of violence. I have big problems with people who celebrate one and condemn the other.

Not surprised you and her were both teachers.
Not surprised you think it’s ok. Typical dumbass conservative song. Right?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Jerks hold a violent protest, burning stuf, beating people, shooting, attacking cops

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - yay!

Guy writes a song protesting the violence -and suggesting it would not happen in a small town, where the typicaldumbassliberal would get an #asswhopping so doesn’t have the courage to try that stupiddumbassliberal stuff

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - “boo - we don't like your violence

I have no problem with people who dislike both sets of violence. I have big problems with people who celebrate one and condemn the other.

Not surprised you and her were both teachers.
The song was filmed at a big lynching site . That’s cool too, right?

So I wasn't going to get all into the video. I was just going to point out that the song was shitty. But that's a pretty solid take on why the video is shitty too.

Edit: Sorry, Brad, your @zeke4ahs level formatting hid most of that from me, so I didn't notice that it was also a solid critique of the song itself.
Come on! I haven’t done that in a long time! ( new phone)

Thankfully, we have your lame a#% telling us what is good music. Please share your best album or shut the f#ck up.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
I don’t agree with that. There are a number of messages one can take from the song + video. Racism and vigilantism covers much of it. If that’s what you are looking for. But there is another message. People in big cities don’t give a shit about their neighbors. Thus we get senseless violence and mahem on the streets, neighborhoods, schools, and multi family housing. That’s not small town life. There people usually look out for and care for each other.

I don’t think the song is any different from this classic.

And this:

I've lived in both. Bullshit.

Have you condemned Hip Hop songs about killing cops?

anyone thinking that hip hop's full embrace of gang bangers hasn't hurt Dems big time at the polls, thus hurt the working class and blacks policy wise, is just kidding themselves.

and it absolutely has negatively influenced how blacks are perceived. DUH!

hip hop's full embrace of gang bangers should be an embarrassment to black leadership in this country.

it was and is disgraceful, and the ramifications, both political and on the community, are very real.

So instead of drawing lines in the sand based on political affiliation, can we just all take a moment to recognize that the song sucks ass?
It's not the music that's the attraction. It's the message.

The song itself if pretty bad, but it doesn't matter. Read the lyrics to WAP by Cardi B - her hit record.

Then tell me Aldeans song is that bad. All music today sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: dr.jb and Lucy01
It's not better, but it is pretty good. Chapman has endorsed Combs. And Combs is ecstatic about that because he admires her. It's not a competition.
It's a good cover, but I think the original is still better. I also like that Combs apparently asked Chapman for permission to do the cover (even though he didn't have to).

Don't we think maybe this is a bit too simplistic of a categorization between urban and small-town folk? Can you imagine if they put this video together, and in the background ran clips from the movies about Matthew Shepard and Brandon Teena?
Everybody has their own favorite, but this one is my preferred representation of small town values. One of many great live versions.

Now do Chicago drill rap where they openly celebrate murders of minors by saying “smokin the _______ pack.” Insert underage rival gang bangers name. IU will probably have them performing at midnight madness.

“Promoting violence”?

Strange times

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT